Just back and I want to say thanks!

Rella Bella

<font color=deeppink>We offer gifts of love becaus
Hey everyone! I wanted to be sure to say thank you to everyone who helped with information for our trip to Disneyland/California Adventure! We had a great time and your input made it so much better!

Special thanks to Mary Jo, who helped us weave through rush hour traffic and to HydroGuy for his DL Guide for WDW vets! Both of you gave us invaluable information.

Thank you so much!! :thanks:

I did post a trip report if you'd like to read it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=13971175#post13971175

Have a great Disney Day, Rella :wave2:

:goodvibes Im so happy you had a great time! Its kind of hard not to, being at the happiest place on earth and all :sunny: Please post some of your favorite moments and events from your trip. Even some tips you may recommend It will totally help out others who are going, and we all get a riot out of peoples trip stories,cause they are a BLAST to read!!!!! It just gives everyone such a giddy feeling for some strange reason.

You are very "WELCOME" :thumbsup2

(not that "I" did a darn thing. :rolleyes1

It is always nice to hear when people had a good experience. Glad my post helped you along the way.

I would love to see the detailed description of how to get from LAX to DL using the car pool lanes. It took us over 2 hours for this drive back in June starting at 3:30 in the afternoon on a Friday. We thought we knew what we were doing, but we messed up and missed exits several times from the carpool lanes and had to turn around about 4 different times! Definitely not the best way to start a vacation! I searched a bit, but can't seem to find the tips from Mary Jo that you mentioned. Can you post a link or re-post the directions? Thanks!

mareed said:
I would love to see the detailed description of how to get from LAX to DL using the car pool lanes. It took us over 2 hours for this drive back in June starting at 3:30 in the afternoon on a Friday. We thought we knew what we were doing, but we messed up and missed exits several times from the carpool lanes and had to turn around about 4 different times! Definitely not the best way to start a vacation! I searched a bit, but can't seem to find the tips from Mary Jo that you mentioned. Can you post a link or re-post the directions? Thanks!
Mareed I sent you a PM.

But for anyone else interested in the best directions ever, here's the link to my original message, just scroll down until you get to Mary Jo's post. We just printed them out and followed them step by step. Try it you'll be glad you did!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1169495

OK, I got the directions from the other post, and that's basically what we tried, but we had trouble getting on the I-105 to start, so that was one of our turn-arounds. The directions about getting on the 105 should help!

Another area we had trouble with was regarding:
"get on the 105 fwy going east. Get in the carpool lane, and take this freeway all the way to the end. Take the 605 fwy south & stay in the right lane."
We stayed in the carpool lane and took the 105 all the way to the end, and it basically ended past the 605 and that was one of our turn-arounds. We had to get back on 105 and turn around again to get to 605. Assuming heavy traffic and we're in the carpool lane on the 105, at what exit do we need to be making our way out of the carpool lane and over to the right to catch the 605 South? Anyone know?

The instructions regarding:
"Take the 605 fwy south & stay in the right lane. About 2 miles down you'll hit the 91 fwy east."
This will definitely help! I think we were in the carpool lane on the 605 and then could not get on the 91, so we had yet another turn-around!

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

great TR Rella...when you were sitting by the castle and "burning the memory" in your mind it really made me smile and replay my memory of that time of night...thanks for the reminder :cloud9:

How many people do you need in the car to use the carpool lane? Is 2 enough?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter