June 2007 Rate/Code Watch

I booked Pop for June 18-23 at $109 + taxes a night. I was very disappointed with the price because I went the week before easter, paying holiday rates ($129 a night plus taxes), and the price difference was only $20 something a night. I would have thought that going in June I would get a much better rate, especially as a FL resident.

Hey!! I will be there the same time!! We could convoy!! LOL!!

I am meeting a bunch of DIS friends from a 2005 Disney Cruise..:banana:

Give them a call and see if there is a possible upsell they can give you in relation to your current ressie you have. $109 looks like rack rates to me....

We're doing a split stay. I had the first part of the trip w/ a ticket upgrade, but rack rates on the resort. When I was calling about the second part of the trip, she took a look at my ressie (1st part of trip) I already had and offered an upsell. I would have lost my ticket upgrade and w/ other considerations I declined the upsell offer....but I got an upsell for the remainder part of my trip.....
Never hurts to ask....all they can say is "nothing is available". Good Luck.

One more thing upsells usually require a pkg. I had to buy 1 day tickets for the second part of the trip.....it was like getting my tickets for free almost with the overall discount.

I do have a package so an upsell would be great but I have a problem. We're meeting friends there and they are staying at Pop so changing resorts would be a problem. It's a pretty big group going... I would love an upsell but probably would have to decline one if it was offered.

Hey!! I will be there the same time!! We could convoy!! LOL!!

I am meeting a bunch of DIS friends from a 2005 Disney Cruise..:banana:

LOL!! 2 hours south... Vero Beach? We'll pick you up along the turnpike!! Just hop in!!:banana: :yay:

I am actually in Royal Palm Beach..

Funny you mention Vero Beach, We are all going to be there on the 8th for a wedding at the Vero Beach DVC..then they are going up to Disney and I will meet them there on the 18th

That should be a BEAUTIFUL wedding! We went down to Vero last year for one night, and there was a wedding happening while we stayed. It was right out on the lawn behind the main Lodge lobby, looking over the ocean. What a treat for all us gawkers! It was quite hot but clear otherwise and the whole thing was so nice... Enjoy!

OK, I give up.

I just booked Hotel Royal Plaza through the new Mouse-saver rate. I got 8 nights with two free breakfasts each day for $681.75 total.

I will be canceling our CBR reservations for the first half of June in the morning.

While I prefer to stay on property, we have stayed at this hotel before when we made a last minute trip and enjoyed it. Since the remodeling the rooms are very nice and I like the Downtown Disney area.

We usually do a reverse EMH plan anyway and we are renting a car so transportation is not a problem.

Our CBR reservation is for $1575.04. This is a difference of $893.29 plus breakfast every day. I don't mind spending more on a WDW hotel but this is enough to pay for the hotel for our MNSSHP trip.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for a AP rate.

Penny

OK, I give up.

I just booked Hotel Royal Plaza through the new Mouse-saver rate. I got 8 nights with two free breakfasts each day for $681.75 total.

I will be canceling our CBR reservations for the first half of June in the morning.

While I prefer to stay on property, we have stayed at this hotel before when we made a last minute trip and enjoyed it. Since the remodeling the rooms are very nice and I like the Downtown Disney area.

We usually do a reverse EMH plan anyway and we are renting a car so transportation is not a problem.

Our CBR reservation is for $1575.04. This is a difference of $893.29 plus breakfast every day. I don't mind spending more on a WDW hotel but this is enough to pay for the hotel for our MNSSHP trip.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for a AP rate.

Penny

I saw the Mousesavers newsletter yesterday and priced out 4 nights at the Royal Plaza. I had booked at Bookit.com a couple of weeks for the same hotel. The Bookit.com price was better, 4 nights @ $334 for a Deluxe Tower room (vs MS $420 for a standard room). The Mousesavers deal includes breakfast which is nice too, Bookit.com doesn't include the breakfast.

I also changed my early June plans. I had booked POFQ, but now have the Peabody from June 13-19 for $573., Royal Plaza 19-23 for $334, and now the BC 23-July3 for $3054 (includes dining & 1 day MYW base). Without the HUGE savings from changing the begining of June, we couldn't do the BC.

We have APs and we also rent (where are you flying into? what rental rates did you get? We flying into Sanford.. so far Alamo is our best price at $517 for the 3 weeks. But hoping for better prices somewhere).

I still hope APs will come out for all those hoping for them!

worked for me - i just got OKW 2bedrm villa for $465/nt - upgraded from AAA rate:cool1:

Nothing today...we'll just keep our fingers crossed!

AP rates were released today. Same as last year. Only EPCOT resorts and DVC resorts for June and July (no MK resorts, no value or mod for June). Some mods for July. Dates are up to Aug. 4.

Yep, I was hoping for the Polynesian, but no luck. As mentioned above, just Epcot and DVC. Oh well, at least I still have the AAA rate. :)

Just called hoping for anything for AKL. CM was very nice - said the AP rate can be applied to stays at YC, BC, BWI, OKW and SS. No luck with AAA rate, either. Hope someone can take advantage of the new rates!!

Anyone know what a studion at SSr or OKW or BI would be with the AP rates?

After waiting and calling everyday, I was so disappointed with what was available for AP rates in June :sad2: Was offered standard room at BC, YC and BW for $269.00 per night :sad2: or SS and OKW studio for $164.00 per night :sad2: Mod AP rates begins July 1. So, I no AP rate for me this year, I'll just keep my AAA rates for CBR and WL. Hope others can benefit from this years AP rates.

just called and not to much available for june unless you want conceirge,
$415.00 a night at BW, $460 or $485 waterview BC. the dates were june 13 & 14. i was also told i couldnt do the dining plan with the ap discount, cant figure that out, i am not asking for free dining, never mentioned free. :confused3 is that true? i want to pay and pay for the base ticket :rolleyes:

just called and not to much available for june unless you want conceirge,
$415.00 a night at BW, $460 or $485 waterview BC. the dates were june 13 & 14. i was also told i couldnt do the dining plan with the ap discount, cant figure that out, i am not asking for free dining, never mentioned free. :confused3 is that true? i want to pay and pay for the base ticket :rolleyes:

That right to get the dinning plan you usually have to pay rack rates unless Disney release a code that includes the DDP.

I am soooooooo disappointed! :snooty: Just called and couldn't get my dates (mid June) for Beach Club Villas with the AP code FDK. I have ressies at WL w/AAA rate $2261. Yikes.

I would have loved to get a studio for $169, but nothing was available there.

Looks like I'm staying with my woods view WL room w/AAA rate of $261. We have an extra adult charge in the room.

We were already book at BWI June 4-7 so we were hoping for an AP rate! We went from $365 to $269!! :cool1: :banana: Works for me.

A studio at OKW for well under $200 is a good deal. With no discounts at the Moderates, you would pay close to that anyway, and OKW has spacious rooms, beautiful grounds, and a kitchenette in every room. We love it there!

I think next summer we will travel AFTER July 4th. We have DVC but like to add on nights or try out different resorts and it sure seems like the chances of discounts are much better in the latter half of the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter