July 6, 2010 - 7/6/2010 ~ Pounds to Rubles ~ Mickey invades the Baltic Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
my dad and I might be on this one as well, we are either going to book this one, the one in June, or the transatlantic home, who knows yet, at least we have till the 14th to decide

The only thing we are going to do different this time is hopefully fly out the last day instead of staying over one more night. We stayed in Barcelona one more night and my kids fell asleep during the double decker tour. It was pretty funny to watch their heads bobbing all over the place. We are gonna try and arrive 5 days early to explore London.

We arrived in Barcelona mid-day Tuesday with a late Wednesday sailing. By the time we got to the hotel and got things arranged there (we had two rooms which were not ready and several other things that were confusing plus I wanted to get pre-checked in with DCL rep in the lobby but there was a family of 20+ trying to get checked in and change rooms among themselves, etc. which took FOREVER), it was around 4 p.m. before we headed out for the double-decker tour -- and we all dozed off on it.

I'm thinking that for London, we'll try to arrive on the 3rd or 4th with a sail out of Dover on the 6th. Then when we get back, plan to stay a few more days (up to five, depending on cost) before heading back home. We flew back home immediately after departing the ship from Barcelona. Some other passengers had flights out the next day and many ended up with serious delays and missed connections. Our flights both going and coming were non-stop to Atlanta and except for a late departure going, we were fine.

Hello Beth & Stacey, Jack

I try to think if I have met you on Panama Canal but I remember your DW2DH&DS.

And

I did met Vicky and Greig as they are lovely couple.

That good you all are coming back on Cruise to Batlic.:banana:

Scottishwee35

Hi Deborah,

We never officially met, but i remember you from around the ship. Jack was interested in why your family always moves your hands. i explained that you were deaf...that you couldn't hear, and that was how you talked. I am actually new to posting as of the speculation for theBaltic. You probably are thinking of my DH Stacey (DH2DW&DS). Our tags are almost identical.

Vicki and Greg are a totally awesome couple. good hearted people!!

Really looking forward to chatting with you and everyone over the next year and a half and then of course to meet everyone onboard.

~Beth :woohoo:

Hi everyone! Hi Cindy I made it over! I'm Lissa and will be traveling with my mom Nancy and my brother Matt all adults. We are deffinetly booking this on the 14th. This will be our third Disney cruise the first was the med cruise where we meet Cindy and the others. We are excited about this cruise even though a long way off. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Lissa

Wow this is shaping up to be a reunion cruise! Nice to see so many of my Med cruisin buddies...

Here is a Heads Up for any DVC'ers thinking of using points...

Hello

We are thinking about it;)

Scottishwee35

Hey,

Just thought I would put a link out to see who is planning on the July 6th Northern European Capitals itinerary. Also, any speculation on whether there will be a shore excursion to Berlin, late night St. Petersburg white nights excursion, or just thoughts on excursions in general. How about the port you are most looking forward to. Whether anyone is planning on a few nights pre/post cruise in London or Disneyland Paris. Looking forward to chatting with and eventually meeting all of you.

~Beth

we're in as well. :yay:

I am going to put in a tentative yes.
I have always wanted to go to Russia and this meets my criteria. I pointed out to my DH that RCCL had the same itinerary and was significantly cheaper (we love RCCL) but he said "Let's stick with Disney". We just got off the EB Repo so we would love another cruise to look forward to sosoon.
Sooo.... here's hoping we are on the ship. :thumbsup2

Wow - so many familar faces! :wave2: Everyone! Talk to you all soon. (like after the 14th) :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! Hi Cindy I made it over! I'm Lissa and will be traveling with my mom Nancy and my brother Matt all adults. We are deffinetly booking this on the 14th. This will be our third Disney cruise the first was the med cruise where we meet Cindy and the others. We are excited about this cruise even though a long way off. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Lissa

Wow this is shaping up to be a reunion cruise! Nice to see so many of my Med cruisin buddies...

Here is a Heads Up for any DVC'ers thinking of using points...

Hello Lissa, CarolAnnC and Laura

Good to hear that you all are joining in this Cruise.

Laura - I have met you but I didn't had the chance to talking you maybe this time.;)

CarolAnnC - hope you and the family join in this Cruise

Scottishwee35

Hello-

After lots of discussion, this is the cruise we're hoping to book! :) I am determined to make this one after cancelling this year's PC. We are planning to using some points to offset the cost. I sure wish the charts were available.

Joanne

Count us in!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!! :banana: :cool1:

It will be myself and my DH and his parents. We are also hoping that two other couples we are friends with will be booking as well!

We also saw that the RCL cruise would be significantly less, however; we really want to do this sailing on the Magic!

Kelly :woohoo:

Good Morning everybody. Hope everyone has (and those across the pond....having) a great day!!! :wave2:

~Beth

Hi Scottishwee, yup, I remember you, it will be nice to finally meet in person! We got married in Bonnyrigg so want to go there and relive our romantic moment. Plus we didn't get to spend as much time as we wanted in Edinburgh so definately want to be there a few days, then we will probably head up to Stirling, let our oldest see all the William Wallace stuff. I'm sure he'll get a kick standing on the top of the monument going, "FREEDOM!" He's that kinda kid. :) Then we'll head down to Dover... maybe... I'll give them a day in London! The little one has been there before, the big one hasn't, I think I'll tease him!! Make him ride the double decker and not get off!!

Oh, guess I should say who we are!

Me, the mom, Bronwen
DH, the dad, David
DS who will be 24
DD who will be 19

And for those that know us, we will not be bringing a dog on this cruise. I don't even want to look at the paperwork hell of all those countries.

Transatlantic...... maybe.

Scottishwee - :wave2: We are all hoping to join this cruise too!

I ran this by my boss yesterday - problem is according to policy, he cannot preapprove any vacation in advance, and we have sort of a lottery system. I really may have to quit my job to take this cruise, LOL!

Here is a little profile of us: Myself, Carol; husband John, Daughters Kristen and Jennifer. I have been moderating here on the DIS for over 10 years and I am thoroughly addicted, lol. Also addicted to DCL and DVC! We were fortunate to have been on the 7/18/07 Mediterranean 10 day cruise and adored it! The girls are both graduating - Jen with her Bachelors in Registered Nursing and Kristen with her Masters in Education. Exciting times ahead! With a half day at work tomorrow, I think we are going to crunch numbers some more - a bit difficult when we don't have the DVC points chart yet for the cruise, but will have to do our best. I want to make the final decision asap, by Saturday I hope so I can put myself to planning full force, lol. Nice to meet everyone here on the thread, and wonderful to see so many friendly faces that we already know!

Hi Scottishwee, yup, I remember you, it will be nice to finally meet in person! We got married in Bonnyrigg so want to go there and relive our romantic moment. Plus we didn't get to spend as much time as we wanted in Edinburgh so definately want to be there a few days, then we will probably head up to Stirling, let our oldest see all the William Wallace stuff. I'm sure he'll get a kick standing on the top of the monument going, "FREEDOM!" He's that kinda kid. :) Then we'll head down to Dover... maybe... I'll give them a day in London! The little one has been there before, the big one hasn't, I think I'll tease him!! Make him ride the double decker and not get off!!

Hi Thistle

I never knew that you got married in Bonnyrigg as not far from my area. Oh driving up to Stirling to see beautiful scene of view.

We are thinking travel by train down to London/dover and stay overnight?

Oh no dog this time. I think it might be difficult in Europe. We are still awaiting for Hearing for the Dog (lab) over 20 months now.

If we get a dog and we won't take the dog to Batlic Cruise.

Scottishwee35

Scottishwee - :wave2: We are all hoping to join this cruise too!

I ran this by my boss yesterday - problem is according to policy, he cannot preapprove any vacation in advance, and we have sort of a lottery system. I really may have to quit my job to take this cruise, LOL!

Here is a little profile of us: Myself, Carol; husband John, Daughters Kristen and Jennifer. I have been moderating here on the DIS for over 10 years and I am thoroughly addicted, lol. Also addicted to DCL and DVC! We were fortunate to have been on the 7/18/07 Mediterranean 10 day cruise and adored it! The girls are both graduating - Jen with her Bachelors in Registered Nursing and Kristen with her Masters in Education. Exciting times ahead! With a half day at work tomorrow, I think we are going to crunch numbers some more - a bit difficult when we don't have the DVC points chart yet for the cruise, but will have to do our best. I want to make the final decision asap, by Saturday I hope so I can put myself to planning full force, lol. Nice to meet everyone here on the thread, and wonderful to see so many friendly faces that we already know!

CarolAnnC

:woohoo: :woohoo: Welcome back and it will be good to see you all

Scottishwee35:thumbsup2

Carol - we have a similar situation in that we can't be pre-approved that far in advance, but our experience has been to start talking about it as soon as possible, go ahead and plan to go, and also let our co-workers in on the excitement... so that when it is time to submit vacation requests, no one wants to mess up our vacation that we've been planning for 18 months :) And continue to work responsibly, be a team player, etc etc etc, so that no one has a reason to say no.

Hello~

I'm not sure how many would be interested in this information. I just hung up from member services (DVC) and found out some point totals required for this cruise- these are based on 2 adults and 2 kids-
--for cat 6 771 per adult
cat 8 652 kids--- 225 over 13 //212 under 13
cat 9 628
cat 10 574

I didn't ask for anything over cat 6--I was in shock over 771 and thought my heart couldnt take it.:sad2:

Wanted to add for cash prices---under 12 $1485 over 12 $1475 and adult $4395 (cat 8)

They are opening early on the 14th at 8am.

Good Luck!

Joanne

Hi everyone. My wife (Pam), son (Otto;2) and me (Scott) are planning on going as well. We just got off the Wonder (with a bonus day at Castaway Cay) yesterday morning. It was our first DCL cruise and we had a blast. We booked 7 days on the Magic next November and are now deciding if we can afford both cruises or not. Push comes to shove Europe wins. We were planning to visit friends who live north of London the summer of 2010, so now we can visit them and take a cruise! I do a lot of work with people in Denmark. Think the IRS would accept the cruise as a business expense?

- Scott

Hi everyone. My wife (Pam), son (Otto;2) and me (Scott) are planning on going as well. We just got off the Wonder (with a bonus day at Castaway Cay) yesterday morning. It was our first DCL cruise and we had a blast. We booked 7 days on the Magic next November and are now deciding if we can afford both cruises or not. Push comes to shove Europe wins. We were planning to visit friends who live north of London the summer of 2010, so now we can visit them and take a cruise! I do a lot of work with people in Denmark. Think the IRS would accept the cruise as a business expense?

- Scott

Hi Scott,

Welcome.

I would try to write off the airfare. Who is to say you didn't have a business lunch while in Copenhagen, right?

Hello~

I'm not sure how many would be interested in this information. I just hung up from member services (DVC) and found out some point totals required for this cruise- these are based on 2 adults and 2 kids-
--for cat 6 771 per adult
cat 8 652 kids--- 225 over 13 //212 under 13
cat 9 628
cat 10 574

I didn't ask for anything over cat 6--I was in shock over 771 and thought my heart couldnt take it.:sad2:

Wanted to add for cash prices---under 12 $1485 over 12 $1475 and adult $4395 (cat 8)

They are opening early on the 14th at 8am.

Good Luck!

Joanne

Ouch! We were thinking they would be high, so we are planning to pay cash and save our points...

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter