July 2013 car rentals

I'm checking rates all the time for my trip. I leave Wednesday for a week and was just able to score a midsize car with Thrifty for $149 including taxes!!! no code. it pays to check and rates
seem to change all the time even within an hour.

That's an awesome deal! I'm finding other agencies like dollar city special and thrifty that are about $25 less than what I have now but the $25 is worth my time to bypass a line and pick a car I want from the aisle.

I keep looking a few times a day on national, alamo, and dollar and rates haven't budged. Disappointing.

I was able to get a full size Alamo rental very early this am for July 16-26 from MCO for total of $250. I have been checking for months and it finally dropped! I can live with that!

I was able to get a full size Alamo rental very early this am for July 16-26 from MCO for total of $250. I have been checking for months and it finally dropped! I can live with that!

thanks for the info. did you use any codes or coupons?

I scored a new reservation last night using the Visa code on the Alamo site. Now have to choose between two:

1. Midsize SUV from Enterprise
2. Premium car from Alamo

They are the same price... I think I'm leaning towards Alamo because we can pick the car... but an SUV would be nice too.

Which would you pick?

Kathy

I scored a new reservation last night using the Visa code on the Alamo site. Now have to choose between two:

1. Midsize SUV from Enterprise
2. Premium car from Alamo

They are the same price... I think I'm leaning towards Alamo because we can pick the car... but an SUV would be nice too.

Which would you pick?

Kathy

I would go with Alamo. I like to pick my car too =)

Finally a rate I can live with. Just got Alamo full-size from 7/17 9am to 7/27 6am for $207.15 total. That is $68 more than I paid last year but is more realistic than $331.79. So I guess I am officially FINISHED my rental car search for Orlando Vacation 2013!! And it sure feels good to be able to put it behind me. For all you going to the WORLD in July, thank you for joining in on the thread. It's been one HECK of a ride with the rates as we counted down. I hope everyone has a FABULOUS vacation with lots a GOOD memories to last a lifetime!!!

:cool1:

for anyone still looking...

Alamo, southwest contract ID 7016105 along with coupon code AD2338FDF bring my 5 day rental to just under $200.

I am holding an emerald aisle for $209 with xvc1092 and a code for a free weekend day.

I had a reservation with Enterprise for a full size from 7/19 to 7/28 for $399. After I booked my reservation the rates went up and were staying put at $475...checked this morning and finally the rate dropped to $267. Booked the new reservation and then cancelled the old one! Feel much better about the new rate. It pays to keep checking everyday.

I had a reservation with Enterprise for a full size from 7/19 to 7/28 for $399. After I booked my reservation the rates went up and were staying put at $475...checked this morning and finally the rate dropped to $267. Booked the new reservation and then cancelled the old one! Feel much better about the new rate. It pays to keep checking everyday.

Did you use any codes or coupons to get this rate?

Dollar is plummeting.

Everyday this week I've been modifying my rental to the new rates. This morning's check. 7/19-7/31, Midsize 89/week, and Fullsize 100/week.

Just booked Dollar city special...mid size for 5 days, $135 total. I have my dollar express pending. I will call to have them hopefully add it on to my res so I can just walk to the garage and get my car.

Dollar is da bomb!!!

Had a midsize booked through Dollar with the 5C11M code found on their site, for $234.00 all in for a 9 day rental.

Just reboooked 2 sizes up - a fullsize for $175.00 all in. Only a few dollars more than a midsize or standard.

5C11M was cheaper than the City Special.

:cool1:

I just checked again...5c11m is now a few bucks cheaper than the city special...another rebooking!

I just retried it using the AAA corporate code - that shaved another few dollars off compared to the 5C11M!! :faint:

Down to $129 for a 5 day mid size with dollar. I've booked 4 times today. Started at $152. Amazing how it changed even after a few hrs.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter