July 2013 car rentals

TamaraQT

DIS Veteran
Well usually someone introduces this topic in January. Last year, I did the honors. So this year, I am kicking it off again. So lets share our deals, discounts and coupon codes as they become available. Last year I got a Chevy Impala from Alamo for 10 days for less than $200 !!! Hoping to meet or beat that deal again this year!!! This year, my dates are 7/17 to 7/27!! I need a full size car, and I prefer Alamo. So let's get started!! What are your dates? What car size are you looking for? Do you have a rental company preference? I can't wait to hear from everyone!!!! :wave2:

Well I know it's pretty early to have introduced this topic, but I have started looking. My discount codes do not land me a full size for anything less than $600!!! :joker:

The good news is, I have purchased my airline tickets. My dates are 7/17 - 7/27. There are only 4 of us this year, and I got tickets for less than $800 thanks to southwest $99 fares!!!

Hi. Thanks for starting the thread. I am new to the board in general (haven't taken a trip to FL in almost 4 years). Our family of 5 is travelling July 1-8 and am looking for a cheap minivan ( we will be transporting cousins during our stay as well, and we like the room). I found a van at American Car Rental for just under $400, but am wary of using them since they are a smaller outfit. Our flight gets in at about 6 pm so I am also worried they may give it away.

I'll keep checking for deals but if I can find from a larger company for close to that or cheaper I'd be thrilled. Last time we went we rented a Sienna for a week for about $250.

JW

Correction, I DON'T have a reservation for under $400. I forgot I made that reservation for Jun 30-July7, but we decided to fly out on the 1st instead and stay till the 8th. Soooooo, when checking it would up the price to $700-ish, NTM American Car Rental closes at 6 pm!

So I am back on the hunt.

JW

Not sure if anyone has had any experience with Fox. I reserved a minivan for $518 for July 1-8. Used Car Rentals.com app on my iphone.

I am going to try Autoslash.com; though I was having problems with their website. They are supposed to track your rental and reprice it as deals/coupons come along.

Would like to get a mini van. Traveling July 12th- 21st. Normally do Alamo but at the moment rates are all sky high.

Welcome aboard everyone....and the hunt is on. If you find a deal please post. In the meantime we are going to hope the deals are as good this year as they were last year. I still havent recovered from the deal I got last year, a 10 day full size car for $139!! That was taxes, fees and everything. I could go for that deal again this year....I am keeping my fingers crossed! :goodvibes

I'm watching this post too! We aren't going until August (20-29). Currently I have a full size on hold with Budget for $350. Used code BCD X793206 to get it.

Tamara, did you rent from Alamo last time? How far in advance did you reserve your vehicle to get that awesome deal?

I used Autoslash.com late last week and they found a minivan through Dollar for $423 (includes taxes). I read about them in a NY times article. They continually look for coupons/deals on your behalf and will automatically lower the reservation (or tell you to accept). My orig reservation was wtih Payless, but then after a few hours they said they found one through Dollar and asked me if I wanted to switch.

A lot of the major players will not let Autoslash use them on their site since they will lose money (they count of people not exercising due diligence to find lower rates).

JW

I used Autoslash.com late last week and they found a minivan through Dollar for $423 (includes taxes). I read about them in a NY times article. They continually look for coupons/deals on your behalf and will automatically lower the reservation (or tell you to accept). My orig reservation was wtih Payless, but then after a few hours they said they found one through Dollar and asked me if I wanted to switch.

A lot of the major players will not let Autoslash use them on their site since they will lose money (they count of people not exercising due diligence to find lower rates).

JW

I like the rentalcodes.com service better, they send you an e-mail when a better rate comes along with a link so you can view it & re-book YOUR OWN rental if you choose or leave it the way you had it. Personally I'd rather be booking my own reservations. I don't trust third party services handling my reservations, that way if something gets screwed up you only have yourself to blame when you show up at the rental counter. :worship:

great thread! first time driving out of NYC leaving early August and i'm looking to rent round trip from NYC so if any of you guys can help with this or have done it any tips that would be awsome!! :cool1:

I like the rentalcodes.com service better, they send you an e-mail when a better rate comes along with a link so you can view it & re-book YOUR OWN rental if you choose or leave it the way you had it. Personally I'd rather be booking my own reservations. I don't trust third party services handling my reservations, that way if something gets screwed up you only have yourself to blame when you show up at the rental counter. :worship:

Thanks! I will check that site out.

Just started to do some research & I found Budget code X474200 BCD I believe it is a travelocity public code looks like a good deal

anyone else

National has a full size for $321 from Aug 20-29 for $321 using the KLM code 8572130

I've also been looking around car rental places and can't believe the prices. One site I've found but I'm just not sure if it can be trusted is economybookings.com / Their prices are the best I've seen and I'm not sure if they are safe to use??? Anyone heard of this company and have you used them in the past?

My dates changed and I need a rental for 11 days in August. The cheapest I can find for a full size is with Budget for $439.

Does Budget allow you to double up. I have a promo code.. can I use a coupon code?

Joining the fray, I have a tentative booking for National, using KLM code for a minivan July 21-Aug 5th 806.00 that is pretty good comparitvely. I know I will probably cancel this but I like to have a ressie that I could live with if I had to. It gives me a false sense of security:rotfl:

Last August went for 11 days had a tentative with KLM 5 for 532, but ended up with Alamo for 322. (minivan)

My goal this year is a 15 day Minivan for 500 or less. ;):thumbsup2:drive::thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter