John's Mini Trip to Disneyland ... Diamond Edition! UPDATE 7/ 11 Chapter 7 COMPLETE!

Volunteer

Mouseketeer
Hello and welcome to my first trip report! It’s a mini one (one day at Disneyland), but I’ve been wanting to share my trips for years but I never could get around to going through with the process! So hopefully this will be successful and I’ll get “over the hump”!

My name is John, I’m a 32 year old single Disney nut from Nashville, TN! I’ve been on the disboards since November 2008 (thanks profile information to the left) and as you can probably tell by my post count, I mostly lurk when I’m on the boards. Occasionally I will chime in to add advice here and there, but if I’m the boards I’m usually reading trip reports.

I’ve been a big Disney fan as long as I can remember. It’s been mine and my families happy place for as long as I can remember. The biggest regret I had in my college years was not enrolling in the college program when I was accepted. So, I think one day I’ll probably retire to Florida and enjoy working in the parks in my golden years!

I occasionally blog for a DVC rental point website as well. I’m pretty sure I can’t include a link but if you really want to know, send me a PM!

Here are a few pictures of me at …

WDW
20140920_183540.jpg

Disneyland
42531160039.jpg

Disney Cruise

IMG_0319.jpg

2013 D23 Convention
1167344_10101609331653355_376773885_o.jpg

Tokyo Disneyland
IMG_2361.jpg

I currently have a goal to visit all the worldwide Disney parks, and I am only needing Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland Paris (and starting next year, Shanghai Disneyland). I hope to cross them off in the next couple of years!

As I stated earlier, this will be a quick one day trip to Disneyland. One of my friends is from Orange County, and he invited me to come hang out with his family for a few days over Memorial Day weekend. I asked if he thought we could take a day to visit DL and he said of course! I knew I had good taste in friends :) This will be my third trip to Disneyland - I went for the first time in December 2012 and again in August 2013. WDW will always be my “home”, but I love DL for many different (as well as the same) reasons. There’s something magical about walking the same places as Walt did, especially if you’re a big Disney fan. If you’re a big WDW fan and have not made a visit to DL, I hope this mini report (or any other resource) will encourage you to try it out if possible!

THE PLAN:
Tuesday, May 26th 2015
Disneyland Park (maybe California Adventure but not likely)

Obviously with the 60th Celebration going on right now, my priorities are to see the Disneyland Forever fireworks show as well as the new Paint the Night parade. The hat box ghost is now at Haunted Mansion, which will be a priority as well. Pirates, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones and any other attraction that is not available at WDW (or very different from their WDW counterpart) will be high on the list as well. Other then that, I just plan on enjoy Walt’s park!

THE CAST:
Only cast confirmed is myself, and my friend Greg whose family I’m staying with.. I’m writing this report a few days before we visit the park (I’m actually at the airport now waiting to board my flight to SNA), so more of the details will come soon!

I hope you join me on my adventure and PLEASE comment if you’re reading - if only to say hi! This community is wonderful and I wish I had “broken out of my shell” a few years earlier!

See you real soon!

John

Hi everyone! (anyone? Is there anybody out there?) :wave2:

I had a wonderful trip to California and Disneyland! I cannot wait to relive my adventures by going through my photos, notes, and sharing them with you. As far as my trip report goes, I’ll probably just write about my travel day and then go back to the future by going from Saturday May 23rd to Tuesday May 25th. Great Scott, this is getting heavy. On ward ….

Chapter 1: Travel Day (everyone's favorite)!

Saturday, May 23rd 2015

I woke up this morning, obviously very excited for what the day had in store! For the first few hours of my morning I kept looking at this screen on my phone ….

Screenshot_2015-05-23-08-46-33.png

Screenshot_2015-05-23-08-46-45.png

Yes, I did not black out my name. Would there really be any point seeing how my name is John Anderson? Good luck finding me! :)

I normally only check my flight times right before I leave for the airport, but today I was nervous about my flight being delayed so I was checking it every 20 minutes or so. The reason for that was, I was flying Frontier for the first time. And from recent reviews there have been complaints about flights getting delayed for hours on end, flights getting canceled, etc. Frontier only has one daily flight to Denver out of Nashville so I was just a little worried, mainly because of the unfamiliarity. How would Frontier Airlines fare in the end? Keep reading! popcorn:: Eventually it came time to leave, I had a friend drive me to the airport, and I was in and out (foreshadowing?) of security in a little over ten minutes.

I checked this ….

20150523_110343.jpg

Still no delay, great! Now to find the Frontier gate (the ONLY Frontier gate at BNA :) )

While walking through the tunnels, I was excited to see Hatch Show Prints on the walls for decoration! They are a Nashville original print shop that print the posters for most of the shows that I attend here in town. I have a few of these style prints in my house; they make me really happy. Google Hatch Show Print if you get a chance and would like to read more (I’d post a link but I’m not sure if I am allowed to)!

20150523_110827.jpg

Sorry for the glare!

After walking a bit, I found my gate and sat down and sent off a few last minute emails as well as started this trip report. Before I knew it, I saw this!

20150523_115256.jpg

My airplane and my cities quaint skyline in the background :)

Soon it was time to board the plane and take our seats. The day before, I decided to splurge on this first flight and buy the stretch seating, which is seating with exit row space - only not in the exit row (it was $25 extra but I didn’t really know the size of the normal Frontier seats)! I originally planned just to have the stretch seating for my flight from Denver to Orange County, but I thought in the end the $25 was a small price to pay to make sure I’m not miserable on the first flight. I’m 6’0 so I’m taller than the average man but not very tall. So I sat down to this …

20150523_120626.jpg

Which made me incredibly happy. :goodvibes

My seat neighbor came not long after this, and she was one of the nicest people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. However, she talked to me the entire flight. 3.5 hours of talking - I’m not exaggerating. I like to refer to myself as a recovering introvert, meaning I like interacting with people but at the end of the day I need my “me” time to recharge. We talked about a lot of things going on in both of our lives, and honestly she just needed somewhere to listen to her and I was glad I was able to provide that to her as draining as it was! She gave me some great advice about personal things as well so I was ultimately glad to spent some time with her. I forgot to get a pic, though!

Before I knew it, I was here! :cloud9:

20150523_151140.jpg

The last time I flew through Denver, I could have sworn I was able to get a picture with the mountains in the background. Maybe they were more easily seen from another terminal?

Anyways, I needed a late lunch, and I didn’t want to fill up before dinner so I had this.

20150523_152218.jpg

I can sense the jealousy! :rotfl2:

At this point, I noticed my flight to Orange County was delayed 30 minutes so I walk around the gates to find a seat. And then my head began to pound. “Great,” I thought to myself, “I’ll just find a quiet corner.” Well, I can always find quiet corners in an airport when my head is not hurting but when it is - sound seems to be everywhere! :crowded::rotfl2:
I eventually decide there is only one cure for a headache in a loud airport while waiting out a flight …

20150523_163842.jpg

I’m telling you, that Blue Moon really hit the spot and I felt much better afterwards! :worship::drinking1

Before I knew it, my flight was being paged and it was in the middle of playing gate roulette! My flight switched gates three times before settling on one (I was at the end of the terminal as were all the gates, so it wasn’t a big deal). But it was funny watching the swarms of people go sit at one gate then run to the other side to sit. laugh. Eventually we boarded at the gate where the sign said we were going to Des Moines. Now, I’ve never been to Des Moines, I’m sure it’s great - but I needed to get to Southern California! After verifying with 298,473,957,934 people I determined this flight must be going to Orange County,

I boarded the plane, found this beautiful seat :thumbsup2:

20150523_173435.jpg

and had a very nice, quiet lady sitting with me. :cloud9:

Before I knew it, we landed in Orange County!

20150523_192034.jpg

:woohoo:Palm trees, but I’m not at MCO!

For the record, Frontier was good, I had no reason to worry, and I will fly again with them if the opportunity (i.e. cheap :)) presents itself.

I walked through the wonderful small, quiet Orange County Airportand I got picked up by my friend and one of his friends, and we set out to my traditional first stop in California…

IMG_20150524_152024.jpg

20150523_195522.jpg

Double Double Animal Style, Animal Style fries and a Coke really hit the spot after a long day of traveling.

After we had dinner, we went to my friends parents house. It was good to catch up with them, meet the dog, talk about the next few days plans, and really just wind down.

Up Next: Morning at Disneyland …. and why are the teacups so important?

Thanks again for reading! If you have any questions please let me know!

See ya real soon!

Following!! I hate changing planes in Denver as it never fails I get delayed. Though last time I took a bump and walked away with $800 flight voucher :)

joining in! We have our first trip to Disneyland planned for this fall so trying to take in all the advice - especially from people that consider WDW their home but have experience with DLR. I am trying to not spoil all the 60th anniversary stuff so might breeze through some of your posts

Great Scott, this is getting heavy.
... is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull in Nashville?

Following!! I hate changing planes in Denver as it never fails I get delayed. Though last time I took a bump and walked away with $800 flight voucher :)

Thanks for following, and welcome!! $800 wow, that's incredible! I've only been offered to be bumped off my flight once, and the compensation was IIRC a free round trip flight plus a $400 voucher on Southwest. As I was thinking, a few people scooped it up and I haven't had an opportunity again! I always mean to volunteer (no pun intended) right when I get to the gate (especially if I'm not in a hurry) but for my past few flights it did not make sense. Especially this one since I would have needed to wait to fly in the next day and that wasn't happening.

joining in! We have our first trip to Disneyland planned for this fall so trying to take in all the advice - especially from people that consider WDW their home but have experience with DLR. I am trying to not spoil all the 60th anniversary stuff so might breeze through some of your posts

Thanks for following and welcome! I think you'll enjoy it a whole lot! I joked with my friends the first time I went to DL - I told them I looked at the park map more in the first hour of my visit there then my last three day weekend at WDW :rotfl2: It will be bizarro world for sure, but that's not a bad thing! It's also wonderful from a "historic" perspective. Nothing beats walking where Walt walked. ALSO @TheMaxRebo- I will make sure to mark my Diamond Celebration chapter with spoiler tags so you can by pass it!

... is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull in Nashville?

No, but we do sell Plutonium on every corner. ;)

I have to share this photo - this is one of the first things I saw when I went to Edinburgh, Scotland in April. Got a good laugh and had to snap a picture.

20150415_1236480.jpg

Last edited:
Following....going for 3 days in July as a stopover after Aulani. Looking forward to your tips as I am a WDW regular and have only been to DL twice. The first time I was six and the second time was about 10 years ago.

Joining!!! So sorry I missed that you had started it. :sad2: Heading off to work now but I'll be back this weekend to catch up :thumbsup2

Following! I was planning on a trip to DL this October - Hopefully the celebration will still be going on.

Okay, I'm back and all caught up! :thumbsup2

First off, I LOVE your goal of hitting up all the Disney parks worldwide! And you're already off to a great start.

:rotfl: I love your term of "recovering introvert" - I've recently been using "extroverted introvert" myself as I love people, love meeting people, etc. but desperately need "me" time or I'll go crazy! I'm sure the lady on your flight loved having you as her flight pal though :goodvibes

Glad the Blue Moon did the trick! :thumbsup2 Headaches anytime aren't fun, especially on vacation though!

YUM!!!!!!!! Your In and Out burger looks amazing! I LOVE California chains!

Following along! I went to DL several times growing up, but haven't been there since 1990, so I'm looking forward to your report! Hope you got to meet Oswald.

Hi John! I am a fellow Nashvillian too! (well I have been here for 22 years now) I'm enjoying your report...you are doing an AWESOME job! Please continue to write about your adventures....all of them!

Do you ever shop at the Disney Store Outlet in Opry Mills? I live right around the corner from there. Also you need to join the Music City Mouseketeers. (check us out on FB...we are a group of like minded Disney lovers in the area). We are having a picnic soon...although I am not sure of the details (I normally work on Saturday afternoons, and I suspect it will be during that time).

Lynn

Following....going for 3 days in July as a stopover after Aulani. Looking forward to your tips as I am a WDW regular and have only been to DL twice. The first time I was six and the second time was about 10 years ago.

Hi 4DisneyAddicts, and welcome! I beat Aulani is going to be an incredible trip! I have a cousin around my age with a two year old and we briefly discussed going to Hawaii and checking out Aulani for a few days on a family vacation. Not sure if it will happen, but we can dream right? :) I plan on writing in comparisons here and there for rides to help WDW vets get a better feeling for the DL counterparts. Again, thanks for following along!

Following! I was planning on a trip to DL this October - Hopefully the celebration will still be going on.
Hi IamJBo, and welcome! Disneyland is pulling out all the stops for this celebration (new fireworks show, new night time parade), so I think it's safe to say this celebration will be going on until at least next summer. And then I imagine the entertainment staying permanently. I don't anticipate you having any issues in October. Thank you for following along!

First off, I LOVE your goal of hitting up all the Disney parks worldwide! And you're already off to a great start.

Thanks, Tracy. I'm fortunate to travel (as I'm sure you feel with your sister in England) so I take advantage of it. We're not guaranteed any time, so I feel if I want to go somewhere and can, I should! There are so many wonderful places on this globe to explore and I feel like I'd be doing myself a disservice if I didn't try!

Those Tokyo parks, though! Incredible!

:rotfl: I love your term of "recovering introvert" - I've recently been using "extroverted introvert" myself as I love people, love meeting people, etc. but desperately need "me" time or I'll go crazy! I'm sure the lady on your flight loved having you as her flight pal though :goodvibes

I was glad to be a listener when she needed one, even if it drove me a bit batty :) Sometimes, all we need is a good listener (especially one that is unbiased!).

Glad the Blue Moon did the trick! :thumbsup2 Headaches anytime aren't fun, especially on vacation though!

Thanks - I don't tend to drink in airports (i like to keep hydrated plus it's expensive), but that was money well spent! :thumbsup2:

YUM!!!!!!!! Your In and Out burger looks amazing! I LOVE California chains!

It was so good, I may have eaten there again on Wednesday before I flew home ... :cloud9:

Following along! I went to DL several times growing up, but haven't been there since 1990, so I'm looking forward to your report! Hope you got to meet Oswald.

Hi EvilQueensRock, and welcome! Thanks for following along! I'd say things have changed just a little bit since 1990 ::yes:: But the most important things are still there! Unfortunately I don't think Oswald does meet and greets in Disneyland Park but I'm pretty sure he does M&G's in California Adventure. Looking forward to the day he does M&G's in WDW!

Hi John! I am a fellow Nashvillian too! (well I have been here for 22 years now) I'm enjoying your report...you are doing an AWESOME job! Please continue to write about your adventures....all of them!
Hi cajunfan (Lynn), and welcome! Thanks for following along! It's great to "meet" another Nashvillian and how cool is it that you stumbled upon my report? Awesome! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm just hoping people want to keep reading any of my random thoughts as I continue and finish up this report! :rotfl2:

Do you ever shop at the Disney Store Outlet in Opry Mills? I live right around the corner from there. Also you need to join the Music City Mouseketeers. (check us out on FB...we are a group of like minded Disney lovers in the area). We are having a picnic soon...although I am not sure of the details (I normally work on Saturday afternoons, and I suspect it will be during that time).

I do stop by the store on occasion; and I am in the facebook group! Look for John Anderson ::yes:: (I try to stay somewhat active in the group). I have only been able to attend one meet up last summer but everyone in the group is super nice! I do appreciate your posts on when the clearance deals are because I try to make it out there whenever I see them!

When I get a second, I need to check out your trip report in progress!

Hi everyone!

First, I want to say thanks for being patient with me, I think it’s been about a week since my last update (and there had been about four replies I did not see until just now! Surprise readers are great! :)). I had family in town this past weekend and I’ve also been studying for a work certification test that I’m taking this coming Saturday. I’m not sure if I will get to another update before then, but I plan to get through them pretty quickly after that. I do not want to let this drag on (again, part of me writing this report is to prove to myself I can write longer ones in the future!).

Ready? Here we go …..

CHAPTER 2: Tuesday, May 26th 2015

The following takes place between 6 AM and 8 AM. (apparently I'll just throw in random TV/movie references into this report as well :)).

I woke up around 6:00 AM this morning - today was the day we were going to Disneyland! Normally in WDW, I have no issues waking up that early (even though I’m up at 5:45 AM every morning central time now) but it is a little tough on the body since it's Eastern and I live in Central time (so an hour ahead). But I definitely had no issues this morning since it was really 8:00 AM my time! So … I get to “sleep in” AND hit rope drop without any issues? Amazing!

Our plans were to leave at 7 AM and get dropped off at the park - my friends dad we were staying with was so kind to drop us off on his way to work. I think he was a bit jealous…

It took about 25 minutes to get to the pedestrian walkway area, and in no time flat we were dropped off here.

20150526_130423.jpg

I instantly became jealous of locals who could just be dropped off to go to the parks for a whole day or a few hours! I get the urge to move down to Central Florida a lot; it would be a wonderful feeling to be that close to the parks and stop in whenever you desired. Plus, at the end of the day, if I didn’t like living in Central Florida then home will always be there right? A move down there just hasn’t worked out for me, and that’s OK (this is one of the reasons why I regret turning down the Disney College Program when I had the chance). Not to complain about my life, I’m incredibly blessed with my job, where I live, and how my life is going. I just have that itch to have a “wild move” that hasn’t been scratched yet. Now, if Disney Parks or Disney Cruise corporate decide they want to hire me in my field then I’m pretty sure I’d be leaving before the acceptance phone call would be hung up. :) Anyways, back to the report!

20150526_073501.jpg

I was beginning to notice how decked out Disneyland was for the 60th celebration - who could blame them? 60 years of the happiest place on earth is cause for a massive celebration. I'm so happy to take a part of it, if only for a day.

It was about 7:30 am,and right before we went through back check something caught my eye …

Teacups?

WAT?

20150526_073001.jpg

So apparently during the celebration there is a “word of the day” that you can text and be entered to win a sweepstakes for the day! Obviously, we both brought out our smartphones (my friend an iphone 5 and mine a Samsung Galaxy Note 4) and entered the contest. Would either of us end up winning? Stay tuned!

SPOILER ALERT: Neither of us won :( But that's OK! :grouphug: :)

Anyways, so we stopped by the ticket booth to get our park tickets for the day. I was really hoping the line would not be long and it wasn’t (I may or may not have had "nightmares" of getting here in the morning and the line taking 3 hours to get a ticket :scared1:)! We got right in line to get our one day, one park passes (Unfortunately no California Adventure for us today). My friend bought his ticket first and his ticket had Mater on it. I then bought my ticket and I had …

20150526_073643.jpg

I was ready to be Dazzled (and to Bedazzle, but that's another story for another day ... :))

Gotta love the classics especially on your ticket that will, more than likely, be scrap booked!

By this time the lines were moving and before we know it we were inside the park!

20150526_073739.jpg
i

20150526_073755.jpg

20150526_073814.jpg

20150526_074128.jpg

20150526_075607.jpg

Unfortunately, the park still had about 15 minutes to open so we queued up.

UP NEXT: Can anyone guess what we did first??

Thanks again for reading and please comment and say hello if you'd like!

See ya real soon!

Hi John!!! :wave2: Sorry it's taken me so long to get over here. :sad2: There are just not enough hours in the day sometimes :rolleyes:

How did the work certification test go?

The following takes place between 6 AM and 8 AM. (apparently I'll just throw in random TV/movie references into this report as well :)).
24!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh. I'm inexplicably obsessed with this show. I say inexplicably because it's SO not my type of show - I hate anything "scary" and if this show isn't scary and suspenseful, I don't know what is! :laughing: But I love it all the same.

I can absolutely relate to your itch for a "wild move" - I just talked myself out of one not too long ago. Turns out the need for stability and a fear of change won out over my desire to do something wild and crazy. :rotfl:

Looking forward to more! Hmm... did you go to Big Thunder?!

I'm loving your TR! I've never read a DL TR. The pics are fascinating, since I've never been there.
I laughed out loud when you described your chatty seatmate on the flight. Very sweet of you to let her go on an on :mic:
Nice In-N-Out tradition:thumbsup2

Looking forward to more.

CHAPTER 3: This here's the wildest selfie stick in the wilderness!

When we last left our heroes, they were queued up before 8 AM about to head into Frontierland…

So, after waiting for what seemed like an eternity, the ropes finally dropped and we were off!

Where were we headed?!?!?!?

20150526_080924.jpg

omg how did i get here i dont speak california

20150526_080956.jpg

Go see Jurassic World

If you guessed Big Thunder Mountain, you’d technically be wrong :rotfl2:

We had to pass Big Thunder Mountain to get to our somewhat #1 priority, a Fantasmic fastpass!

And this where my plans for the day already fall apart :). I wanted to get a fastpass for the second show, because my plans were to watch Disneyland Forever around 9ish (you’ll have to forgive me for not exactly remembering the times), then watch the Paint the Night Parade, and then go to the Fantasmic second show (I think it was around 10:45). So, we grabbed fast passes for the first Fantasmic of the evening and I went to the nearest Cast Member to see if I could exchange for the second show … but unfortunately that was not an option like I thought it was. :(

20150526_085332.jpg

look, it's PAPER!!

After chatting with the CM for a few minutes, he said the best thing for us to do was watch Fantasmic for the first show, then stay in that area since the (spoiler) projections would show on the Fantasmic stage and “would basically be the same”. I was inherently skeptical that it would be the same from that area (as opposed to Main Street facing Sleeping Beauty's Caste), but I trusted him - it’s not like I had a choice! Also, I would still be able to check out the Paint the Night Parade. You’ll have to stay tuned to see how that went … :)

Since we were next to BTMRR it had to be the first ride of the day! The queue took about 10 minutes, and I ran into this sign which gives me the opportunity to foreshadow more!

20150526_081236.jpg

Introducing ... Greg (my friend)'s arm and phone

I promise to actually write about things that happened in that time eventually :rotfl2:.

BTMRR in Disneyland is much like the WDW counterpart, so it’s obviously incredible. There is a really cool mine explosion effect in one of the caves that WDW doesn’t have, so it was cool to see!

After this ride, we decided to make our way over to Indiana Jones while the wait was still minimal.

20150526_082353.jpg

We choose … wisely.

20150526_083429.jpg

For comparison, Indiana Jones uses the same ride system as Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. But, in my opinion, that’s where the similarities end. the queue, theme, and ride quality are all superior to Dinosaur. But that’s not knocking Dinosaur - Indiana Jones is just one of my favorite rides at Disneyland, if not all of the Disney parks (that I’ve been to, anyways)!

At this point I’m pretty sure we were on a mission to zig-zag all across the park while wait times were low, so we high tailed it over to Tomorrowland for one of these.

abb19457-1230-43cc-b925-e63b78ba4a22.jpg

also, i apologize for the feet

20150526_091337.jpg

I finally saw this movie this past week, and I liked it! It was no Jurassic World (aka Andy Dwyer: Dinosaur Whisperer), but that’s neither here nor there …

We then decided to hop in the Space Mountain queue, and in about 10 minutes we were blasting off!

Funny story: As we were walking through the queue, Greg (my friend) said, "I can't believe they took away the floating chocolate chip cookie!" and I got a big laugh out of that. I LOVED watching the chocolate chip cookie float through space in WDW.

I love both WDW’s and DL’s Space Mountain’s so much. WDW is not as smooth as DL’s, but I love that WDW's is rougher. Being beaten around in that ride at WDW is a great big slice of nostalgia for me :) But smooth is good too, and the seats in Disneyland are next to each other as opposed to the bobsled style at WDW. Luckily while flying around in space I remembered where the picture OP is, so ….

20150526_091316.jpg

I was able to cheese it up for the camera - my friend Greg next to me, not so much. Also, props to the little girl behind with a first class mean mug. :cool:

Most of the pictures of me are going to be very unflattering, so I will apologize in advance and try not to post as many.

NEXT UP: Wall-E in a galaxy far far away???

Thanks so much again for reading!!

BONUS COMMENT: I just accidentally closed out this tab before I hit reply. I may or may not have cursed. Loudly. BUT, either Google Chrome or disboards had my draft saved! Thanks, technology! :thumbsup2

Hi John!!! :wave2: Sorry it's taken me so long to get over here. :sad2: There are just not enough hours in the day sometimes :rolleyes:

How did the work certification test go?

Hi Tracy! :wave2: I need about 20 more hours in the day as well - I need to get over to your report and comment! Those are coming in a few minutes!

The work certification went well, at least I think it did! It's really odd - it's an IT related certification BUT it's still done on scantron and number two pencils. I felt like I was taking the ACT again :laughing: I'll know my results in five weeks ... this is 2015, right ? :furious:
24!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh. I'm inexplicably obsessed with this show. I say inexplicably because it's SO not my type of show - I hate anything "scary" and if this show isn't scary and suspenseful, I don't know what is! :laughing: But I love it all the same.

It's one of my favorite shows ever - I miss my Jack Bauer Power Hour terribly. What shows do you like to watch?

I can absolutely relate to your itch for a "wild move" - I just talked myself out of one not too long ago. Turns out the need for stability and a fear of change won out over my desire to do something wild and crazy. :rotfl:
I hear that. While I'd most likely be fine with the field I am in (especially if I pass the certification), I have really good things that keep me in Nashville. Of course, if I didn't like the move, all those things would still be here.

Looking forward to more! Hmm... did you go to Big Thunder?!
I technically did Big Thunder as my first attraction :)

I'm loving your TR! I've never read a DL TR. The pics are fascinating, since I've never been there.
Thanks so much johnsonet, and welcome! I now wish I had taken more pictures! But I have some surprises in store for later so I hope you'll continue to find them fascinating! Thanks for reading!
I laughed out loud when you described your chatty seatmate on the flight. Very sweet of you to let her go on an on :mic:
Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I was glad to help out. :goodvibes
Nice In-N-Out tradition:thumbsup2
Always :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

That is pretty cool how you can just be dropped off and walk to the parks like that... definitely would be a long walk to Magic Kingdom if you just got dropped off at the edge of the WDW property ;)

Cool that you got a Mickey ticket! Were they all modified for the 60th anniversary or only the Mickey ones?

Bummer about the Fantasmic! fastpass and not being able to exchange it ... hope things worked out ok, especially since this was your only day

Indy is one of the rides I am most looking forward to riding.

haven't seen Jurassic World yet but did see Tomorrowland and enjoyed it quite a bit (finishing up the prequel book right now - probably would have been good to finish it before seeing the movie, but oh well)

Definitely love the look on the face of the little girl behind you on Space Mountain! I am looking forward to seeing the holiday overlay to that ride when we go in October.

I think it is the new form of the DIS boards that saved your draft ... I found I've been saved by that a couple of times as well! :thumbsup2

Ahhhhh paper FPs!!! :lovestruc

I had to laugh though when I saw your "Fantasmic" one - something about seeing that word right alongside "Enter through Frontierland" is just SO strange to me!!! :rotfl2:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Indy!!! I think I went on that like 18 million times when I was at DL 5 years ago :thumbsup2

I remember being so shocked when I first rode Space Mountain... and the seats were next to each other. :laughing:

No, please continue to share your pictures! Love the enthusiasm! I didn't really do anything this trip because it's just not as much fun to be silly when you're solo... :rolleyes2

Oh my goodness on the scantron test! I didn't even know they still made those things! :faint: HAHA!

Awww, I miss Jack Bauer too. My typical television shows are comedies, though I haven't had cable in eons so my tv watching consists of mostly Hulu and Netflix if at all. My favorite is probably Modern Family. What about you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter