• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jingle Bell Jingle Bam HS 8pm closing

LucyBC80

Donald Duck #1
We have a Fantasmic dining package for December 10th with the show scheduled for 8:30pm on a day that HS is supposed to close at 8pm. Considering last year JBJB was always scheduled right at park closing time, would it be possible to watch both Fantasmic and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam in one day? I really don't want to spend two days at DHS but the shows are must see for my family.

Last edited:
DHS is currently scheduled to close at 8pm and JBJB is scheduled to be performed at 8pm this year as well.
How long is the show? Could I find a good spot at the front of the Chinese Theather and still make it to Fantasmic at 8:30pm?

They are supposedly adding two other holiday shows to DHS, so you might want to plan two different days/nights there anyway. I'm waiting to see details on those before I finalize our plans.

You probably could, but Fantasmic usually fills up pretty quick. They usually advise arriving 30-45 min before show time, so by the time JBJB is over, Fantasmic may be standing room only or full.

Edit- I must have skipped over the part where you said you have a dinner package. You should be good then, but do you have to check in early for the dinner package? Or will they still let you in regardless.

They are supposedly adding two other holiday shows to DHS, so you might want to plan two different days/nights there anyway. I'm waiting to see details on those before I finalize our plans.
Two other as in a total of three holiday shows or as in two different from last year holiday shows?

You probably could, but Fantasmic usually fills up pretty quick. They usually advise arriving 30-45 min before show time, so by the time JBJB is over, Fantasmic may be standing room only or full.

Edit- I must have skipped over the part where you said you have a dinner package. You should be good then, but do you have to check in early for the dinner package? Or will they still let you in regardless.

The dining package does NOT guarantee a seat. They will open the dining package seating to everyone at some point, and definitely before OP could get over to the theater after JBJB.

@LucyBC80 If you truly want to try to do both, I would not pay for a F! dining package. Your seats will be long gone, and may be standing/sitting at the back of the theater.

The dining package does NOT guarantee a seat. They will open the dining package seating to everyone at some point, and definitely before OP could get over to the theater after JBJB.

@LucyBC80 If you truly want to try to do both, I would not pay for a F! dining package. Your seats will be long gone, and may be standing/sitting at the back of the theater.

Ahhh I never knew that you are not guaranteed a seat. I always saw the CM blocking the section but I didn't know that they will open it up once it gets crowded.

I never knew that you are not guaranteed a seat. .
It appears from the quotes below on MDE that the dining package does give guests guaranteed seating. However, as with some other venues, there is an arrival window and once that passes, all bets are off.

"Enjoy a mouthwatering meal at one of 3 magnificent restaurants, then experience Fantasmic! with guaranteed seating!"
"Reserve your spot at this dazzling nighttime spectacular"
"One voucher for guaranteed seating at Fantasmic! in a reserved area"
"reserved seating is available for the first show only."
"Plan to arrive for Fantasmic! seating at Hollywood Hills Amphitheater 20 to 30 minutes prior to showtime."

Two other as in a total of three holiday shows or as in two different from last year holiday shows?

Was reportedly announced at recent media event. This is from www.wdwinfo.com:

"Tom Vazzana, a Show Director for Walt Disney World, hinted at the fact that Disney’s Hollywood Studios would be adding two new holiday shows! He wouldn’t give any details, but many are already speculating on what each show might be! When more details on these shows are released we will be sure to report them to you! Epcot will also be adding some new entertainment. Again, while we don’t know the details we do know that there will be new Las Posadas-themed entertainment for Holidays Around the World!"

Here's the link to the who story if you want to read it:

5 Reasons to Be Excited for the Holiday Season at Disney World

Was reportedly announced at recent media event. This is from www.wdwinfo.com:

"Tom Vazzana, a Show Director for Walt Disney World, hinted at the fact that Disney’s Hollywood Studios would be adding two new holiday shows! He wouldn’t give any details, but many are already speculating on what each show might be! When more details on these shows are released we will be sure to report them to you! Epcot will also be adding some new entertainment. Again, while we don’t know the details we do know that there will be new Las Posadas-themed entertainment for Holidays Around the World!"

Here's the link to the who story if you want to read it:

5 Reasons to Be Excited for the Holiday Season at Disney World
Thanks for the link. I have no idea how I missed that before!

I'm truly disappointed. Really was hoping that since fantasmic was at 8:30 that jingle bam would be around 6:45 like most nights last year allowing us to see both. But they want you to visit DHS more than once which is a great strategic move by Disney and unfortunately i can only do 1 day there. There's no way I'd miss fantasmic as this is now my favorite night time show since Wishes is gone.

Yes, I changed my plans a bit and added a second half day after reading about new holiday offerings. So now we just need to wait and see if I can fit all shows within those two half days arriving at 4pm.

Eeeek! This Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! thing sounds fun! I'm going the first week of December but haven't really done much research on the special holiday shows. I LOVE CHRISTMAS! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter