Jennifer & Charley's 9/15/11 SBP/The Attic 12/9 Feat DisneyWeddingPodcast!

Sorry to hear about your health worries!!!! I, too, have had gall-bladder problems in the past and it is no fun at all!!!
I must say I am glad we do not have to worry about insurance etc here in the UK. As you know we have a National Health Service and all (well, most) treatments, including surgery is free at the point of delivery. Our system has it's critics, but when the chips are down, and you need something done quicky, it is nice to know it can be done without any financial worries!! Good luck sweetie!!

Sorry to hear about your health worries!!!! I, too, have had gall-bladder problems in the past and it is no fun at all!!!
I must say I am glad we do not have to worry about insurance etc here in the UK. As you know we have a National Health Service and all (well, most) treatments, including surgery is free at the point of delivery. Our system has it's critics, but when the chips are down, and you need something done quicky, it is nice to know it can be done without any financial worries!! Good luck sweetie!!

I so wish we had something like that in the US... but we don't! :headache: I'm going to call around tomorrow. I've got some leads on some surgeons that will setup payments. I don't want this to interfere with wedding payments. Ya know?!

BTW my mom called David's Bridal today to cancel my alterations appt on the 1st dress I bought. Of course they said they don't accept returns on their bridal gowns. Why can't they just buy it back at a discounted price from me and use it as a sample gown? :confused3 The 1 they had in the store was ripped in the back anyway. I'm trying to help them out!! :laughing: I guess on a good note they did say call back tomorrow about bringing the veil and headband back.. but all I'll probably be able to get is a store credit. I'll probably use it to get my bustier... and maybe some of those gel ****ie things!! :rotfl2::rotfl2: After losing weight (which I found out can cause gallstones or be caused by them) I don't have any ****ies left to go in my dress!!!!:rotfl:

I so wish we had something like that in the US... but we don't! :headache: I'm going to call around tomorrow. I've got some leads on some surgeons that will setup payments. I don't want this to interfere with wedding payments. Ya know?!

BTW my mom called David's Bridal today to cancel my alterations appt on the 1st dress I bought. Of course they said they don't accept returns on their bridal gowns. Why can't they just buy it back at a discounted price from me and use it as a sample gown? :confused3 The 1 they had in the store was ripped in the back anyway. I'm trying to help them out!! :laughing: I guess on a good note they did say call back tomorrow about bringing the veil and headband back.. but all I'll probably be able to get is a store credit. I'll probably use it to get my bustier... and maybe some of those gel ****ie things!! :rotfl2::rotfl2: After losing weight (which I found out can cause gallstones or be caused by them) I don't have any ****ies left to go in my dress!!!!:rotfl:

:rotfl2: Your problem is the exact opposite of mine, I have way too much to go into mine :rotfl2:

That sucks about them not being able to take it back though. You can maybe try to sell yours? Preownedweddingdresses.com was recommended to me by Mindy and it looks great to use!

:rotfl2: Your problem is the exact opposite of mine, I have way too much to go into mine :rotfl2:

That sucks about them not being able to take it back though. You can maybe try to sell yours? Preownedweddingdresses.com was recommended to me by Mindy and it looks great to use!

:rotfl2: maybe you could loan me some of yours!

I really would like to sell the other dress. I did check out that site. It's seems pretty straight up, but I don't really want to pay to list it. I guess we'll see. Thanks for the suggestion!

So I got the bill in from the ER...$2600! That's ridiculous. I'm waiting on the bill from the other test they had to run the next day. Luckily they do have assistance you can file for.

On to wedding stuff!! I've been thinking about our reception venue. I really didn't want to have it in the ballroom. I love all of the pics I've seen of The Attic. It's beautiful! I sent Tanis an email yesterday and asked her if it was available for our time... and what do you know?! It's available!! Yay! That's a good thing! But she said it only seats 16 inside and 20 outside. We have 20 guests including us. Would they put a sweetheart table somewhere inside for us? Then the 2 kids (11 & 14) can sit outside. Of course we will all mingle back and forth. Do you guys think this would work? Or will they tell us they can't put the SH table in there? If not, I guess we could all sit outside? We think it will be too hot for everyone to sit outside. Hopefully they will agree to putting the table in there.

If they do, we are taking away the chair covers and sashes. We want to use the white table linens though. Then we want the calla lily centerpiece and black Mickey confetti on each table inside. I don't want to do any decor on the outside. Probably just get something to occupy the kids.

What do y'all think?

Another god thing... we're off for the entire holiday week!! :woohoo: maybe the dress shop will have my crinolines in, and I can go for my first fitting.

Sorry if the spelling if off...or if things don't make any sense. I'm typing all of this on the phone!

I'm having my reception at The Attic! They can DEFINITELY bring in a sweetheart table for you. I'm not sure if they put it inside or outside, but I assume they'll put it wherever you want it. (There is definitely room for it inside, regardless.) The Attic is an AMAZING venue! It's adorable, and it has a beautiful view of Spaceship Earth and the Boardwalk. :thumbsup2

I'm having my reception at The Attic! They can DEFINITELY bring in a sweetheart table for you. I'm not sure if they put it inside or outside, but I assume they'll put it wherever you want it. (There is definitely room for it inside, regardless.) The Attic is an AMAZING venue! It's adorable, and it has a beautiful view of Spaceship Earth and the Boardwalk. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Thanks!! I thought they would do it. I've seen pictures of the SH table inside. But the ones I've seen have been Wishes weddings. I didn't know if they would do the same for us, since it's an Escape wedding. You never know how they work.

Hmmm that is a good point--- we are a Wishes wedding, but I am SURE they will still bring in a SH table for you! Either way, the Attic is such a great choice :D

Ok ladies.. and maybe some gents? :goodvibes I thought I'd run it by this panel before I said anything to DFTW.

I've seriously been thinking about upgrading to a Wishes wedding! :banana: As of right now (without any kind of BEO), we're around $8500, give or take a few. That's not very far from the minimum. I know that the minimum doesn't include taxes and service charges. I've put in some loose figures in the Passporter's Wishes budget figure thingy! :rotfl: Even with taxes and service charges, it's only right over $11000.

The upgrade will allow us to add a DP and more characters... plus my mom's bf will be able to go. :thumbsup2 This on top of our brunch reception, the characters we were already having, the MK/Epcot pics.

I don't know. What do you guys think??? :confused3 I'm so confused right now. I know I can get more for our money by upgrading, since we're so close to the minimums anyway. It would be WAY helpful if I could get a BEO with where we're at with the Escape package. I asked about it around a month ago. My planner said she should be able to get it to me sometime in June or July. When I emailed her the other day about the usage of the limo, she said they normally discuss that after she's gone thru the planning kit (which I sent back about 2.5 months ago.) How would I go about getting an estimate for the things we want if we were to upgrade to a Wishes wedding?? Do I ask my planner? Or email Bill?? :confused3:confused3

PLEASE HELP ME!!! :crazy2:

We upgraded from an Escape to a Wishes and it's the best thing we've ever done! Seriously!!!! You get so much flexibility and a longer reception too!!!

I'm not sure how you would get estimates--- I just kind of estimated on my own using Carrie's book. I think as long as you think you'll be okay with the room block--- go for it!!! :D

We upgraded from an Escape to a Wishes and it's the best thing we've ever done! Seriously!!!! You get so much flexibility and a longer reception too!!!

I'm not sure how you would get estimates--- I just kind of estimated on my own using Carrie's book. I think as long as you think you'll be okay with the room block--- go for it!!! :D

The longer reception isn't really a big selling point for us. That's a lot more time we have to actually spend in an enclosed area with our immediate families!! :rotfl2: But if we upgrade, we'll have some extra money with the swapping of packages and trying to push up to the $10000 mark. We were already discussing what we would do. I'm thinking maybe a caricature artist. But we're not sure yet. I sent my planner an email about wanting to def change to The Attic, and the floral changes that go along with the move. Then I asked for an estimate on the total day. Hopefully she will get back to me soon.

On the estimate thing, I thought I saw a post somewhere that Wishes couples could ask for a rough estimate after the signing of their contract or something like that. I'm not sure. Anyway. I guess we'll know more after I get her email. The upgrade decision will be based on what our total is now and how everything goes the next couple of weeks at home. I have an appt with the surgeon on the 13th about my gallbladder. That's going to be $200. I received both of my bills from the 2 different visits to the hospital for the tests. Those combined are $4000. :scared1: I'm going to file for help on those though. Def must do that before the wedding, so I can only use my income, instead of both of ours. The last time I filed they completely paid of my hospital bills, and they were higher than these are. So maybe they will this time too. Plus my sisters are throwing us a shower in 2 weeks. Against all rules and regulations, we're having a money tree shower (my sister's idea). We just don't need any STUFF!! We have plenty of that. We're not registered anywhere. So we'll see how that goes. :rotfl: I know how people feel about coming out and asking for money as a gift. But I feel like throwing a shower is asking for gifts anyway.. so what's the big deal if it's money or not?? They have to spend the money to get the gift anyway. I know there's the thought that goes into the gift and all of that. If that's the case, get us a really nice sentimental card to go with that money. :rotfl2: JK

Hello all!! :goodvibes Hope everyone had a great 4th!! Me and the DF went with my sis, her bf, and my 2 nieces to Dave & Busters yesterday. We had a blast. None of them had ever been, so it was really fun. I'll have to post some pics of that later. BTW for those of you who like Dave & Busters, they're adding a location to Orlando!

Also I just ordered me and the DF 2 new pairs of Toms! :woohoo: I can't wait til they come in.

Nothing really new to update on the wedding. I'm still waiting to hear from my planner. I emailed her Monday, so hopefully I'll hear something back from her before the end of the week. We're still not 100 % sure, but we think we're just going to stay with the Escape package. I guess we'll see over the next couple of weeks. But we did definitely change the reception venue to The Attic!! :yay: This I am very happy about.

Yay! I'm glad you switched to The Attic, regardless. And I meant to comment--- I know what you mean about the longer reception just meaning more time you have to spend with your family! That's the one part I'm NOT looking forward to. :lmao:

And! Question. So, I've never bought TOMS, but I've really wanted some for awhile. Are they super-comfy? Like, could-I-walk-in-WDW-with-them comfy? I REALLY want the sparkly blue ones!

Yay! That's awesome! It's so funny, I was just talking to one of my friends about the blue sparkly toms today. I'm going to look at them this weekend and possibly get them for the big day! I love them and have heard they are way comfy!

Okay girls, excuse an ignorant Brit, but what are Toms? I assume they are shoes/sandals!!

Yay! I'm glad you switched to The Attic, regardless. And I meant to comment--- I know what you mean about the longer reception just meaning more time you have to spend with your family! That's the one part I'm NOT looking forward to. :lmao:

And! Question. So, I've never bought TOMS, but I've really wanted some for awhile. Are they super-comfy? Like, could-I-walk-in-WDW-with-them comfy? I REALLY want the sparkly blue ones!

This will be my 1st pair of Toms too!! I can't wait. I've seen them all over but never bought any. They have great reviews on the website though. I will definitely try them out and let you know how they feel. I did see on the site that some said the glitter ones are a little stiff at first.

Yay! That's awesome! It's so funny, I was just talking to one of my friends about the blue sparkly toms today. I'm going to look at them this weekend and possibly get them for the big day! I love them and have heard they are way comfy!

I love the glitter ones. I didn't get any of those though. I would be too tempted to get the blue ones and I already have shoes for the ceremony. And with those I don't have to get the length of my dress altered. But I did see a lot of reviews on there where the whole bridal party wore Toms. The girls the glitter ones, and the guys just a natural color.

Okay girls, excuse an ignorant Brit, but what are Toms? I assume they are shoes/sandals!!

Lol never ignorant. Yes, Toms are shoes/sandals. It's a great place to order products from. For every pair of shoes sold, they give a pair of shoes to someone in need!! http://www.toms.com/

I love the glitter ones. I didn't get any of those though. I would be too tempted to get the blue ones and I already have shoes for the ceremony. And with those I don't have to get the length of my dress altered. But I did see a lot of reviews on there where the whole bridal party wore Toms. The girls the glitter ones, and the guys just a natural color.

I think that's what we are going to do as well. Brian was going to do converses, but now he wants toms :)

This will be my 1st pair of Toms too!! I can't wait. I've seen them all over but never bought any. They have great reviews on the website though. I will definitely try them out and let you know how they feel. I did see on the site that some said the glitter ones are a little stiff at first.

Lol never ignorant. Yes, Toms are shoes/sandals. It's a great place to order products from. For every pair of shoes sold, they give a pair of shoes to someone in need!! http://www.toms.com/

What a wonderful idea!!! I must look in to it!!

Oohhh I am very eager for your review of the Toms. I REALLY want those blue glittery ones now! Or maybe the pink ones! Or... both?

I think that's what we are going to do as well. Brian was going to do converses, but now he wants toms :)

:thumbsup2 That sounds like a great idea! I think all of the Toms would look pretty snazzy!! :laughing:

What a wonderful idea!!! I must look in to it!!

I think it's an awesome cause. For the cost of 1 you give 1. I told the DF we helped 4 people get shoes who otherwise probably might not ever own a pair! :goodvibes It's a great feeling.. even though it's only a pair of shoes!!

Oohhh I am very eager for your review of the Toms. I REALLY want those blue glittery ones now! Or maybe the pink ones! Or... both?

I will def give a review as soon as I get them. I'lll wear them all over and walk and walk and walk.. just to try them out for the parks!! The DF is going to love this. :laughing: But I will tell him.. "I must try these out for Jackie!! She has to know if they will work for Disney!!" :rotfl:

I got the email that they've already shipped!! :woohoo: They should be here sometime within the next week. If you order today, and spend $95 or more, the shipping is free. We ordered 4 pairs, with free shipping, and our total with tax was like $217. Not too bad, I don't think.

On the wedding planning side.. still no email from planner!! Hopefully it's because she's trying to get my BEO together. I hope so anyway. I told her we really needed it. If we don't upgrade, our balance is due in about a month. It would be nice to know what that amount is before we have to pay it. The DF said to email and tell her we're thinking of upgrading, so we need to know how close we are to that amount. (Even though I already have a good idea what it is, it's nice to know a def amount) I just don't want her to get pissed because she's been doing all of this figuring, and then I'll just jump to a new planner if we upgrade. (which is still undecided) But I guess that's their job!!

And with the upgrading... we just don't know. We're trying to discuss the pros and cons of each. We are def doing 2 characters, MK/Epcot shoot, and brunch at The Attic for 20. That's our main costs right now. We want to add the DP, and if we do that, we might as well upgrade. We will be on the verge of 10000, if not right over. With the upgrade, we could add the DP, some kind of entertainment for reception since there's no dancing (maybe caricature artist) We just don't know if we really want to spend that much money. But when you look at it, it's not that much more money.. and we'd get many more additions. :scared1: I just don't know. I have about a million different cost figuring papers floating around the house. The DF just runs from me when he sees my notebook come out!! :lmao:

Well, let me enjoy my lazy day. The DF is playing in a softball tournament today. I can't go out there cause I don't want the tan lines with my dress!! :rotfl2:

haha yes!!! I am already excited to harass my DF about disboards stuff too--- like I'm going to do a dining review in August and I'm going to have to take pictures of everything we eat. And it's going to be:

Chris: I'm HUNGRY!

Me: BUT THE DISBOARDS NEEDS TO SEE THE CUPCAKE, CHRIS!!!!

We're a rather odd couple anyway...

ANYWAY, I think if you are super-close to the minimum, you should upgrade. Yup. Mostly because I said so? :rotfl2: I really just think you get more *attention* as a Wishes bride, you know? Which I think is a little ridic. Did you decide on your reception menu for the attic, btw?

Enjoy your relaxing day! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter