Jennifer & Charley's 9/15/11 SBP/The Attic 12/9 Feat DisneyWeddingPodcast!

jlocmac

DIS Veteran
Hello all!!! :goodvibes I've decided to starting a PJ. It's really difficult for me to find info on Escape weddings, so I thought I would help out others if I could. Hopefully someone will care to read along!! :)

Wedding:
September 15, 2011 (95 days to go!! :yay: )
Sea Breeze Point 10:00 am
Brunch:
Boardwalk The Attic

A little about the couple!

SANY2602.jpg

Charley and I have been together 10.5 yrs. He's 32. I'm 29. We're from South Georgia, about 3.5-4 hrs from the World!! We met through my step-brother Erick. There's really not a romantic story in our meeting. They are best friends and have been since they were in elementary school. Charley had just moved back from Tampa, FL and was staying with his mom again. She was a foster parent the whole time he was growing up and stopped doing that when her health started declining. Anyway, he was tired of all of the kids around!! :rotfl: She had like 5 kids under the age of 5 in the house at the same time. :scared1: So, he moved in with us. 1 thing leads to another and here we are 10.5 yrs later, still going strong!!

DSCN0364.jpg

100_7927.jpg

We just got engaged Dec 19th, 2010 in Orlando FL. We have annual passes for Universal/IOA. We went down for Christmas break, because we were off work for 2 weeks. We stayed down for 4 or 5 nights. I can't remember. :confused3 Anyway. We walked down International Dr and played putt putt. On the way back by the hotel, he had to stop and get "chapstick" out of the car. We walked across the street and went to the little shops and ate at Johnny Rockets. On the way back to the hotel, he stopped under the trees with all of the X-Mas lights, and pulled out the ring. He asked me to marry him and of course I said yes!! :yay: BTW I knew the ring already existed. We went a few months prior to look at rings. I picked like 6 or 7 that I liked, and he just went from there.

151.jpg

152.jpg

I wouldn't say it took us very long to decide on a Disney wedding. We def knew we didn't want to have a wedding anywhere near our hometown. We looked at locations in the mountains, the islands, quite a few places. We had previously talked about a Disney wedding but really didn't think it was in our budget. I decided to check out the website though. We decided from there that we could def manage an Escape wedding. :thumbsup2 We love Disney!! We haven't been as many times as we would like. (that will DEF change once we start using the annual passes!!) I never went as a child.. way too many siblings!!:laughing:

So cue the planning!!!:

So, our planner is Tanis Armstrong. She's been great!! Of course, sometimes it takes a few days to a week to get a reply on things.. which can be very stressful.. but I understand she's WAY busy with other wedding besides mine. Not that mine isn't just as important!:lmao:

We decided on Sea Breeze Point as our ceremony venue. We love the gazebo by the water. Don't get me wrong, we're worried about rain for sure. But we've been to FL enough to know that when it rains, it normally does so in the afternoons. That's why we went with the 10:00 am ceremony. So... here's hoping there isn't any rain *fingers crossed*!!

Here's a few of the things we already have booked for the wedding day!

Hair/Make-up: Beaute Speciale 4-6 am :scared1: (good thing we're used to getting up at 4:30 am for work!)

Magic Kingdom/Epcot: 9/15/11 6:15 am (So far we haven't received the "you've been cancelled" call, like some of you ladies have. :grouphug: :flower3: )

Photographer: Randy Chapman!! (thanks to all of you ladies that posted your fantastic pics!)

I think that's about it as far as things like that go. On to the ceremony decor!

Our colors are black, white, and yellow. We're not going with a lot of decor for the site. It looks great all on it's on. We'll have white cotton chair covers with black satin sashes. Yellow petals down the aisle and on the cake table. Also yellow petals in a basket for the exit ceremony. We've also decided to have Mickey & Minnie!!! :woohoo: :yay:

As far as the cake goes, our guests think we're having the Mickey's Delight that's included as 1 of the choices for Escape weddings. We've decided to upgrade to the Mad Hatter Cake. It's going to be marble cake with white butter cream. We just told Tanis our colors and told them to have it with the decor itself. We want something to be a surprise to us also!

My bouquet will consist of white & yellow calla lilies wrapped with black satin ribbon with 5 black Mickey crystals. The DF's bout will be a yellow calla lily with 2 black Mickey crystals. The FOB's bout will be the same but with 1 black Mickey crystal.

So, we finally decided to add on a brunch reception. Why not?!?! We were right at hitting the minimums for doing so. Adding it on, should take us maybe $500 or so over the minimum... maybe!! We haven't decided on a menu yet. We're waiting to hear back from Tanis.. who's waiting to hear back from the Chef.. who I'm sure is waiting to hear from someone else!! :rotfl: I'm thinking it's going to lean more towards mostly breakfast foods though.

Anyway, we've booked Salon 3 at the BW. We've decided to go with the Roman table. It was too difficult to figure out who was going to sit where. I DO NOT envy you ladies and gents that have HUGE weddings to plan. I would freak out for sure. We're going with the included white table linens and adding white chair covers and black sashes here also. We were thinking about something like this for centerpieces, but with yellow calla lilies instead.

calla-lily-centerpiece-LED-light.jpg

Just the flower part, not that shot glasses!! :laughing: Maybe 3 of those down the table. Also, Mickey confetti. That's about it.

Here's the projects me and the DF have been working on. Nothing as fancy as some of yall have made. That's for sure!!

Here's the invites. Originally, we were not going to make these.. But after seeing all of the posts here (which DF says has been my downfall :rotfl: ) I had to try. We're going to buy some more supplies this weekend. This is just a prototype. I have other ideas in mind now. :lmao:

146.jpg

Here's the the countdown calender I made last weekend while the DF was playing in a softball tournament. It took FOREVER!!

158.jpg

Here's the door hanger we made. It was the 1st project.

155.jpg

We ordered STD magnets from VistaPrint.

I've bought my dress already. Actually, 2 of them. :scared1: The first 1 I bought, I really liked. Then we decided to do the MK pics, and I just wanted something a little.. more I guess. lol

Here's the 1st dress

DSCN0530.jpg

Here's the 2nd dress It's the AA Cinderella!!

138.jpg

135.jpg

Please excuse the huge pics. Got to figure out how to fix those!!

And the shoes. I think they're super cute.. and with the heel I don't have to have the length of the dress altered any! :woohoo:

BRIE.jpg

Here's a few of the looks I've been trying to decide from

weddinghairbraid.jpg

weddinghair.jpg

uphair.jpg

updo2.jpg

The updos are all similar. I think that's what I'm leaning towards the most. The DF wants me to wear my hair up. Right now I don't have a veil to wear with the new dress. I bought a headband and a veil for the 1st dress, but they really don't seem to mesh well with the new dress to me. I found the perfect veil to go with the Cinderella dress when I went the last time. It has a sparkly glitter trim all of the way around it that goes great with the sparkle in the dress. They had just got it in. Maybe they'll still have it when I go back for the 1st fitting with alterations!! I wasn't going to get a veil with the dress, but it looked really good with it to me.

I forgot to mention where we're staying! We're going to be there for 10 days total. We check in at BWV on 9-14-11. The wedding is 9-15. We will transfer to AKV-Jambo on 9-18. Then we check out on 9-24. We rented DVC points for the entire stay...and it saved a lot of money! We went with the basic dining plan. (1QS, 1TS, 1 snack)

So I received an email from Tanis about the brunch menu prices. Def didn't like what we saw. They're estimated price per person is $60, and we're not looking to spend that much money on it. The DF was ready to just cancel the whole brunch. :lmao: I told him that's the way things work. You just have to go back and forth until you work something out.

I sent her 2 more different options. Hopefully 1 of those will be more in our price range.. which is very low!!! :laughing:

Love the plans so far! The ring is beautiful! I love your dresses!!! The look great on you!!
Can't wait to hear all of your plans!!! :goodvibes

Love the plans so far! The ring is beautiful! I love your dresses!!! The look great on you!!
Can't wait to hear all of your plans!!! :goodvibes

Thanks!! :) I'm trying to sell the 1st dress, along with the veil and headband I bought with it. At least try to get some of the money back. My sister is hoping to be proposed to soon, and she wants a beach wedding. She wants to buy it if that happens.

Back to the reception menu. We've decided to just take the plunge and go with the $60 pp. We really wanted everything that we selected, even though it's just breakfast items. Hey, you only get married once!! Hopefully!! :rotfl:

Anyway here's the menu we selected:

Mickey Waffle Bar with seasonal berries, warm fruit compote, warm maple syrup, and whipped cream

Chocolate crepes, with cream cheese, and fresh berries

Cinnamon rolls, danish pastries, croissants, and hard rolls, whipped butter, jams, and preserves

Hardwood Smoked Bacon

Fluffy Scrambled eggs

Maple-glazed pork sausage links

Breakfast Potatoes

Assorted juices, coffee, sweet iced tea

Am I crazy, or does $60 pp sound like a lot for this?? I tend to be quite cheap when it comes to things like that. :laughing: Oh well, we're going for it anyway!! Thanks for reading along.. even if there's just 1 of you!! :lmao:

Oh that dress would be perfect for a beach wedding! It's just so pretty!

$60 does seem like quite alot. But I'm trying to be as cheap as possible with my wedding, so my opinion may be different :laughing:
But the menu sounds DELICIOUS!

Yes I think the dress is perfectly suited for a beach wedding. That's why I like it for SBP. Then we decided to do the bridal shoots, and I just wanted something more princessy, I guess? :confused3 Since it wasn't THE dress anymore, I decided to show the DF. Of course he says he really likes it! :headache: then it's like... I should've saved the money and stuck with that 1. I just didn't feel like it was the 1. I bought it because my mom and sisters really liked it.

Hiya, subbing in to your PJ!

Sea breeze point looks absolutely stunning, if I hadn't already have my heart set on the WP I'd deff consider getting married here. It's so beautiful.

I love your ring, so pretty, great choice. We have Tanis too, so she's deff busy lol I like her she's very friendly and patient. We're also using Beaute Speciale, have you got anyone in mind from them? I've heard/seen good things about Ana and Laine.

You've done a great job on your countdown calender, it's exciting being able to see how long you've got left.

Both your wedding dresses a lovely, but my fave is the cinderella one. I'd love to have 2 dresses :rotfl: you look beautiful in both btw

Your menu sounds great - I too think $60 is a bit expensive, but then I'm also being as cheap as possible so it could just be me. Like you said though you only do it the once.

Looking forward to reading more x

Good afternoon all!!

As far as the hair, I don't really have anyone in particular in mind. I'm sure whoever it is will do a much better job than I do. (which is wash & dry) :laughing:

The 2 dresses were really not supposed to happen, but I'm sure everyone who buys 2 says that!! :rotfl: I really wish someone on 1 of the sites I have the 1st 1 listed on would take it off my hands. It doesn't seem to be happening though. I told the DF we could always do a vow renewal in a few years on the beach! :lmao: Needless to say, that 1 earned me a major eye roll. :confused3 :rotfl: You can get the wedding for free at most all-inclusive beach resorts with the purchase of a 7 night stay! A vacation with a free wedding.. why would he complain about that?!?! :rolleyes1

Working on making the door hanger for our room now. We think we have the newsletter done. We went to Michael's yesterday to buy the stuff for the invites. We decided we would just go back next weekend with a half off coupon and buy a boxed set! Much easier!! :laughing: 30 to a pack and we only need like 10 or so.. that leaves quite a bit to practice on!!

Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

Just joining in. :) Is your first dress from David's bridal? If so, I think we have very similar tastes--- I LOVED that dress, but bought Cindy instead!!! :)

Can't wait to read more!

Your ring is absolutely stunning! Congrats!

Thanks!! I think he did an awesome job. I just pointed out the Verragio rings, because I really like all the detail on the band. I also showed him others that I liked that had the halo around the center stone. He just went from there and put the 2 together! :love:

Hi! Just following along...and your my engagement twin!

Thanks for reading along! Yay! I told the DF the other day that we now have multiply anniversaries to celebrate. The "we've been together this long" anniversary, the engagement anniversary, then the wedding anniversary. :laughing: He wasn't really feeling all of those.

Just joining in! I am also a SBP bride, about a month after you! Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

I think the location is beautiful.. my only fear is rain! :scared1: But I really must get that one out of my head. Whether it rains or not, everything will still happen just the same.. only indoors!! :lmao:

Just joining in. :) Is your first dress from David's bridal? If so, I think we have very similar tastes--- I LOVED that dress, but bought Cindy instead!!! :)
Can't wait to read more!

Yes the 1st dress was from DB. I tried it on and really liked it. It suited the venue and everything. That's what I kept thinking about. My mom and sister cried, but I didn't. They gushed about how gorgeous it was.. so I got it. Probably wasn't the best decision. :laughing: We decided to go ahead and do the MK/Epcot pics.. that was a main reason for wanting a different dress. Keep in mind that I really did like the DB dress, but I felt like I would look like the hand-me-down princess that's shoved off to the side to take her castle pics!! :lmao: :rotfl2: Not to say that I want to look like a princess.. but not a knock-off version either! Def not trying to offend anyone who has a similar dress, because I do really like it still. (read earlier post on suggested vow renewal in 5 yrs wearing said dress!) Anyway!! :) I've got it posted on a few different sites, but no takers yet. I've dropped the price A LOT!! I bought it along with a veil and headband.. which I'm also selling. Neither one looks good with the Cinderella dress to me. I found another veil that I'm trying to talk the DF into letting me get! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter