• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jawa in DHS still around? UPDATE: July 29th - Last Day for Jawas in Launch Bay

DAAAAMN...How hard are they trying to get me to skip DHS?
They are down to like four rides once Great Movie Ride closes. The other day Star Tours, Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania all went down at the same time. I see Muppet 3D is down for an emergency rehab. They closed two of the three quick service restaurants I liked and changed the menu at the third one. I know they are doing B-I-G things for the future of this park, but we only get to go to WDW every three years or so. Coming up on our next trip in FEB2018, about the only thing keep DHS in our plans is the threat that Star Tours may be going permanently away. **SIGH**

Alert:
Today, July 29th, is the last day for Jawas at Launch Bay!
(source: CM friends of Jawas)

Jawas will return when Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opens in DHS.

Well that sucks ! Was going to get some stuff for my son to try to trade with them on trip next month.

Not as "Nothing to do in DHS" as some, we went several evenings last year for the Star Wars stuff... but it does seem Disney is in take away mode right now, which is disappointing.

It seems everything I was looking forward to is going away by the time I get there in September. I'm getting disappointed.

We traded with them in May during daytime hours and they were also there for the SW Dessert Party - I wonder if they will still be there for that. In May, they were not that selective with what they were trading. My kids absolutely loved trading with them (we did it several times) and we were all laughing because they traded us back something we had traded hours earlier. If they really won't be back for 2 years, I'm glad we had such a great interaction with them. I would check to see if they will still be there for the Dessert Party.

At this point they should just totally shut down DHS until they get the new stuff open. I just did my FP+ for my upcoming solo trip & I managed to squeeze in a morning at the studios but with all the closures I may end up skipping it until my F & W trip in November. But who knows, by then they may shut down even more stuff there.

Wait.....What?!?!

How did I miss this!? That's my favorite ride in DHS!

It's not confirmed but strongly rumored and only makes sense. Star Tours will be too far away from the new SW Land, they will have another simulator, and will have a huge ATAT within the new land. So signs are pointing that Star Tours will close once SW Land is ready

That is really sad. I am not a Star Wars fan. I have never watched any of the movies. But when we were there last summer, this and the storm troopers were the greatest character interaction we have ever had. My 17 year old son had a ball with them. The Jawas stole his goofy hat and the storm troopers 'interrogated' him when the jawa pointed him out. It was a lot of fun. We went back an extra afternoon just to hang out in Launch Bay. Seems Disney sometimes misses the impact some things have on guests when making financial decisions.

Alert:
Today, July 29th, is the last day for Jawas at Launch Bay!
(source: CM friends of Jawas)

Jawas will return when Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opens in DHS.

And just today I had collected and packed a couple items that I thought could make good Jawa trades. So sad!

It's not confirmed but strongly rumored and only makes sense. Star Tours will be too far away from the new SW Land, they will have another simulator, and will have a huge ATAT within the new land. So signs are pointing that Star Tours will close once SW Land is ready
The AT-AT will not be within the land but in the battle ride itself.

Yes, but they don't always trade (or maybe they've stopped altogether?). DD7 was disappointed when the Jawa wouldn't trade with her - I don't remember what she had though

They didn't trade with my daughter either. Like your daughter, she was disappointed.

That is really a bummer. The Jawas were awsome when we were there in June- thanks to reading this board, I had brought some bouncey balls with LED lights in them. My kids were dressed as R2D2 and C3PO so the Jawas came right over and asked me (through their interpreter) if I made them, then asked if I would make one for them. They were adorable. I whipped out my bouncy ball, and they traded us for some kind light up stick thing (a plastic tube with LED lights). My little one was absolutely delighted and keeps talking about the "Jaguars" at Disney. I hadn't told the kids that they might do trades, since it seems to have been hit or miss for a while now.

The stormtroopers were also awesome, but my LO was scared of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter