January 2022 Trip Reports

Ed, Welcome back to COLD Florida. Good idea on a head count for a Wednesday get together. We didn't bring a lot of food with us, but once we get an idea on the number of people, I'll get something together.

Today was our 2nd MK day. Ian hit rope drop. Donna and I followed about 0930. We didn't have any specific plans or things we "had" to do. Good thing. It was a day without much pixie dust.

The day started off well. We did Buzz and CoP. Then we got in line for Jungle Cruise. It initially showed a 45 minute wait. We get on line and within minutes, it goes to 85. Nope! Pirates was showing 45, so we headed next door. We were making good time in line. After about 30 minutes, we were pretty close to boarding a boat and the ride goes down. It was down most of the day.
We then headed toward IASW. That was ok except It's a Small World. :blush: It's not a favorite, but Donna likes it. Mickey's Philharmagic was next. I like it and they have updated the show to include Coco. The riverboat was in dock so we jumped on for a nice cruise abound the pond.

It was now around 3 and BTM was showing a 50 minute wait, the lowest of the day. We decide to hike over and get in line. The 50 minutes was optimistic, but we stuck it out. We were in the last cutback before the ramp down to the load platforms and we see 2 of the trains stopped on the track. Then comes the announcement of the down, with no prediction of if/when it will be back.

Donna is really tired of standing and walking by now. It is also 5pm and we have a 6pm ADR at Tony's. After hitting a few stores on the way to Main St., we get to Tony's about 5:40, check in on the app and wait. At 10 after 6, I ask how far behind they are and she says they were just seating 5:35 reservations, so 30 minutes +/-. Right on time (30 minutes late) we get the text our table is ready. We walk right past several tables inside and are seated out on the patio. It is in the mid-60s outside. We ask to sit inside and she said we could, but would have to go back to the lobby and wait. There was an empty table just inside the window from our table. We thought it wasn't being assigned due to low staffing. Nope! Within a few minutes, they sit a family of 4 there. We still haven't been greeted or had our drink order taken. We watch the table through the window get drinks and we are still waiting for anyone to come by. It is now 10 minutes after we were seated. I went up to the front and asked if/when we would have a server and explained about the table through the window and our ask to sit inside. At that point, I just wanted to order some food. The girl said she "would look into it."

I get back to the table and a server walks past our table to check on the one next to us. Donna stops him and asks if he is our server and could we order some drinks. "Zach" said he would be right with us and started to walk off. Donna said here is our drink order and we have been waiting 15 minutes. He did stop and get us drinks. While waiting for him to come back and get the food order, we watch him drop off an appetizer at the table across from us. They looked at him funny, but didn't say anything and he walks off. A few minutes later, he comes back out, grabs the appetizers off table 1 and drops it to the table 2 down while laughing. Oops. Donna used to run restaurants and says, you can't really do that. We did get to order food and it came fairly quick. It was typical Tony's, which is to say fair. Certainly not great Italian food, but if you know the bar is low, it is easy to fall over it.

By now it is getting cold with a breeze. It is 7:45, but we didn't stick around for Enchantment. We never would have done that for HEA. Back at the camper now. Ian took off to DS to meet up with one of his coworkers who is down this week and we are planning out what tomorrow will bring. We were originally going to have an off day due to the holiday weekend and hit AK on Sunday. Sunday is forecast to be rainy, so we swapped AK to tomorrow and off day on Sunday. I think we may rope drop AK to do FoP and then see if FotLK is running since both shows on Tuesday were cancelled. After that, we'll probably head out and do a little grocery shopping. We have a dinner reservation at the new Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary. This is the old Wave and I've read good reviews since it was reopened.

j

Last edited:
I just look and see if there is additional availability….I click on the appropriate buttons, set it all up, and show hubby the last green button that says “confirm your purchase”……and make him do it……go ahead…..do it…..all you need to do is hit that green button and you know what happens……

That’s right!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaadd A DAY!

And just like that, today is no longer our last day!

The Disney balloons fill up the screen, a noisemaker goes off, confetti is digitally tossed all over the screen and your reservations have been extended.

And the theme song on the sitcom from the 70s Sandford and Sons start to play…..

Yeeeeeeeeees!

PS - hey @Teamubr, we need to get a headcount/signup list going for the pot-luck lunch on Wednesday next week. You said location was TBD and I get that but I over-stress on what to bring. But first comes "who" and "how many", right?

PPS - I see a hint of REALLY cold temps on Monday night here. 39F is the low Monday night (and of course I'm going to MK on Tuesday morning :rolleyes:). :cold:

1. The wife and I planning upon attending the FW-Meet.
2. We won't make any fancy food for this Meet.
. . . truly pot luck
. . . probably stop at KFC for a bag-and-go
. . . when you live nearby, grabbing food is easy

3. Sunday/Mon/Tue will be COLD.
4. Wednesday is supposed to be warmer.
5. Forecast (as of Sat, 10:30am):
. . . Sun: -- 63º/48º
. . . Mon: -- 63º/38º
. . . Tue: -- 62º/39º
. . . Wed: -- 72º/48º
. . . Thu: -- 78º/55º
. . . could be worse if caught in IZZY

6. See A'll Y'all Wednesday at The Fort.

Congrats Melissa I had a suspicion you would be staying a little longer

Thanks Joe (Scupper)

Wednesday definitely looks better than earlier in the week.

Still waiting to see who else will be joining

j

We are starting to firm things up for the DIS Meet on Wednesday.

It looks like 1pm will be the time. I'll be happy to host on my site (1624) and I'll be cooking hamburgers, hot dogs and maybe even some BBQ chicken breasts with special St Louis Maulls BBQ sauce.

I also have onions, pickles, catsup and mustard. A bunch of paper plates. I don't have much disposable silverware, but plenty of real silverware.

Looks like
Scupper will be bringing some KFC ( good stuff)
Stratman- BBQ beans
Ed- leaning towards snacks, potato salad, or may surprise us

Anyone else in with any suggestions?

Bring a chair!

j

I arrived today to Central Florida and saw several grimy cars on the road like @Teamubr's all with far-away license plates. But once they are cleaned, they "belong" in the Sunshine State. :rolleyes:

So we arrived at Lake Louisa State Park about 315pm today. Left out at 5am-ish and little traffic along the way. Got set up, went to Wal-Mart for some cheap gas and groceries, and came back to catch up on the world and the DIS.

Here is my site at LLSP. Power and water, no sewer at this site (some do, not all).

After getting back from WM and stashing groceries, returned a few calls home while the sun set. Got one late last picture but hope to get more tomorrow.

It's a clear crisp night in Central Florida.

After we all had a meal, time for me to sit outside and "do some DIS".

This is my 7th stay at LLSP and the first time I've ever unhitched the camper (since we were here for one-night stays). But we're retired now and can go at a slower, more leisurely pace.

Bama Ed

PS - hey @Teamubr, we need to get a headcount/signup list going for the pot-luck lunch on Wednesday next week. You said location was TBD and I get that but I over-stress on what to bring. But first comes "who" and "how many", right?

PPS - I see a hint of REALLY cold temps on Monday night here. 39F is the low Monday night (and of course I'm going to MK on Tuesday morning :rolleyes:). :cold:
It looks so nice there…. And it is so cold here in CT 🥶

It looks like 1pm will be the time. I'll be happy to host on my site (1624) and I'll be cooking hamburgers, hot dogs and maybe even some BBQ chicken breasts with special St Louis Maulls BBQ sauce.

I also have onions, pickles, catsup and mustard. A bunch of paper plates. I don't have much disposable silverware, but plenty of real silverware.

Looks like
Stratman- BBQ beans

Bring a chair!

j
Ugh… I want to be there! (Having my winter/no camping blues) The Fort and good company sounds terrific… and we could ALL use some of that about now. Have a great time all who are there!! Glad we can at least spectate popcorn::

3. Sunday/Mon/Tue will be COLD.
4. Wednesday is supposed to be warmer.
5. Forecast (as of Sat, 10:30am):
. . . Sun: -- 63º/48º
. . . Mon: -- 63º/38º
. . . Tue: -- 62º/39º
. . . Wed: -- 72º/48º
. . . Thu: -- 78º/55º
. . . could be worse if caught in IZZY

Rusty,

Following the daily Orlando weather forecast in January gives me whiplash! :faint:

Tonight's (Saturday's) low is supposed to only be 63/64F. But the rain will come through over night and behind it these Izzy cooler temps. (no snow flurries forecasted for Central Florida). And the rain will run through Sunday till mid-afternoon.

It still beats the weather at home, though, so I ain't complainin'! :sad2:

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Looks like
Stratman- BBQ beans

Bring a chair!

j

I heard from a bus driver that Ed's surprise is scrapple for all.

We wont make it to the Wed meet up as we will not be rolling in till Sunday 23rd .
Spent the very cold PA day prepping the Rig . Checking tire pressure, wheel bearings , adding some pink antifreeze to the holding tank (so we can at least flush the head on the way down) . Too cold for a wash . Went over the Burb , and found a slight weep/leak in one of the transmission cooler lines .......had to fix that , (washed the Burb last week when it was warm) Otherwise we are ready to leave this cold forsaken frozen tundra we call PA . Now we just wait to see what Izzy has in store for us . At least it should all be gone for our travel day of Saturday the 22nd. Will overnight somewhere in SC , prob Cracker Barrel . We should roll in about 2-3 on Sunday the 23rd . Kenny is meeting us around 5-6 for a golf cart for our 2 week stay . I finally remembered to reserve early enough to grab a Tee Time cart , so we don't have to spend twice as much on a FW cart ! We could prob get along just fine without a cart, but the dog would be pouting all week if he isn't able to go for golf cart rides .
The final prepping has begun ! Down to single digits now !
Hope the RV doesn't get frozen to the ground this week . Calling for -1 , with a wind chill of -20 tonight ! 🥶 .

I heard from a bus driver that Ed's surprise is scrapple for all.

giphy.gif

We wont make it to the Wed meet up as we will not be rolling in till Sunday 23rd .
Spent the very cold PA day prepping the Rig . Checking tire pressure, wheel bearings , adding some pink antifreeze to the holding tank (so we can at least flush the head on the way down) . Too cold for a wash . Went over the Burb , and found a slight weep/leak in one of the transmission cooler lines .......had to fix that , (washed the Burb last week when it was warm) Otherwise we are ready to leave this cold forsaken frozen tundra we call PA . Now we just wait to see what Izzy has in store for us . At least it should all be gone for our travel day of Saturday the 22nd. Will overnight somewhere in SC , prob Cracker Barrel . We should roll in about 2-3 on Sunday the 23rd . Kenny is meeting us around 5-6 for a golf cart for our 2 week stay . I finally remembered to reserve early enough to grab a Tee Time cart , so we don't have to spend twice as much on a FW cart ! We could prob get along just fine without a cart, but the dog would be pouting all week if he isn't able to go for golf cart rides .
The final prepping has begun ! Down to single digits now !
Hope the RV doesn't get frozen to the ground this week . Calling for -1 , with a wind chill of -20 tonight ! 🥶 .

Prepping in this weather in PA right now I feel for you. I know I wouldn't want to. Have before, actually when we were in the pocono's the one trip had heaters running in trailer until we left.
Izzy is gonna be a mess, just seems like another big or bust scenario. The band of snow we were in keeps getting smaller on models. So we will wait and see what we get.

Prepping in this weather in PA right now I feel for you. I know I wouldn't want to. Have before, actually when we were in the pocono's the one trip had heaters running in trailer until we left.
Izzy is gonna be a mess, just seems like another big or bust scenario. The band of snow we were in keeps getting smaller on models. So we will wait and see what we get.

Yea, its not been fun . Cant wash, fingers are numb doing anything . Ears are red . Sliding around on solid ice from last weekend's ice storm (that never thawed) . Was going to try to get up on the roof and clean off the Solar panels (175w x2) ............nope . not worth it. 1st time I have ever seen the pink antifreeze freeze to a VERY hard slush in the toilet . Wouldnt even flush at first . Now we have to worry if we are going to get snowed in before we leave. Gotta love PA !
The Poconos is a whole other level of PA weather right there ! We are more central PA .
FW cant come fast enough !

Yesterday was a nice relaxing day around Clermont and Lake Louisa SP.

It was a little foggy in the morning (the mist feeds/waters the spanish moss).

But it turned out to be a gorgeous day (looking in same direction as previous picture).

Took some pix on the big lake again behind Loop A where we are and also the small lake on the other side of the loop.

Big lake:

Small lake:

My new shelf is working out.

Ten linked pix so let's roll to the next post.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
We ran some errands and I got to know the area better. The Lowe's down by Hwy 192, WalMart again for stuff the girls forgot to tell me about, and FedexKinkos.

This pic shows the big blue sky.

And this one with our vehicles all lined up.

having trouble linking posting pix so will give it a rest and come back to it in a few hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter