January 2014 Rental Car Deal Watch

DON'T GIVE UP!!! I just scored a Fullsize with Alamo for 1/10 at 11:00 p.m. thru 1/16 at 11:00 a.m. for $156. This was down from our previous rate of $206.98. Every penny helps!

Still more than we have paid in the past but it's still less than I thought I was stuck with paying!

DON'T GIVE UP!!! I just scored a Fullsize with Alamo for 1/10 at 11:00 p.m. thru 1/16 at 11:00 a.m. for $156. This was down from our previous rate of $206.98. Every penny helps!

Still more than we have paid in the past but it's still less than I thought I was stuck with paying!

Yes, exactly, don't ever give up! I thought I was pretty good at $210 for 8 days for a full size, but just checked again and am now down to $180 and I just booked the $210 this morning. Guess you just have to keep checking. So I'm down almost $100 since I originally booked on 1/1. I had been checking once a day, but I guess I'll have to change that to twice a day!

Just modified my Dollar rental Jan 11-Jan 25 to $288. Full-size car with auto add promo code 765. That might be as good as it gets for me.

Wow Dollar/Thrifty have several working codes. Still about $40 over where I am, but I am not giving up the fight till Friday night :)

Where are you guys getting the codes. I'm pricing out at over 400.00 for 12 days out of MCO. I can rent a car at DDD for 254.00 using code 5c11m Dollar. My dates are Jan 15-27. Now I'm considering spending the first night a POP to save money on my rental. I hadn't planned on going to Disney this trip. I could book a BB if I did this.:idea:

Where are you guys getting the codes. I'm pricing out at over 400.00 for 12 days out of MCO. I can rent a car at DDD for 254.00 using code 5c11m Dollar. My dates are Jan 15-27. Now I'm considering spending the first night a POP to save money on my rental. I hadn't planned on going to Disney this trip. I could book a BB if I did this.:idea:

I google search. Once EVERY DAMN ALAMO CODE FAILED, I started searching. No lie I've tried everything I could and the best I could get was $145 for 01/11-01/18 (8 day rental) for $145. It's about $30 more than I spent last June.

I google search. Once EVERY DAMN ALAMO CODE FAILED, I started searching. No lie I've tried everything I could and the best I could get was $145 for 01/11-01/18 (8 day rental) for $145. It's about $30 more than I spent last June.

I usually just go to the Costco site and get a rate of about 100.00 a week either through Alamo or Budget. It's always been easy. No work involved. No coupon hunting. We were in Orlando in September and May and I paid 102.00 for a week for a full size car. I have no idea why it's so difficult right now. 145 is not so bad.

I usually just go to the Costco site and get a rate of about 100.00 a week either through Alamo or Budget. It's always been easy. No work involved. No coupon hunting. We were in Orlando in September and May and I paid 102.00 for a week for a full size car. I have no idea why it's so difficult right now. 145 is not so bad.

I'm not a Costco member :(

Just through the costco site?

Just through the costco site?

Yeah. Costco applies coupons automatically and they will price out different car rentals at one time. I have always found them to be comparable with the coupons that people use on these boards.

I'm finding decent rates picking up at the various hotels around disney vs mco and dropping off at mco. We already have an okay rate with Alamo for airport pick up, but an option for someone else to consider checking.

Every Alamo code I've tried in the past 4 months hasn't worked. I was emailed one yesterday. Within 2 min's of it arriving in my inbox I tried to make a reservation and again. Couldn't use the coupon!!

Every Alamo code I've tried in the past 4 months hasn't worked. I was emailed one yesterday. Within 2 min's of it arriving in my inbox I tried to make a reservation and again. Couldn't use the coupon!!

Same here. I am pretty disgusted with Alamo after this.....I am with Thrifty this time. NOBODY came close to their prices...

Same here. I am pretty disgusted with Alamo after this.....I am with Thrifty this time. NOBODY came close to their prices...

If it wasn't for their $35 on way rental surcharge their rates would have been great for us.

I've been using HotWire quite a bit for rental cars. Not been able to find deals that can beat it elsewhere. I do not care which rental car company I go with. Usually get National or Alamo but sometimes Budget or Hertz.

For our upcoming trip I am flying into Panama City on business, then driving the rental car and dropping it off at MCO and riding Magic Express to our resort. Normally one ways would cost a premium but through Hotwire my daily rate is only $24 for a compact.

Earlier in the year I rented a compact at Milwaukee for $15/day and in Detroit $18/day.

I've been using HotWire quite a bit for rental cars. Not been able to find deals that can beat it elsewhere. I do not care which rental car company I go with. Usually get National or Alamo but sometimes Budget or Hertz.

For our upcoming trip I am flying into Panama City on business, then driving the rental car and dropping it off at MCO and riding Magic Express to our resort. Normally one ways would cost a premium but through Hotwire my daily rate is only $24 for a compact.

Earlier in the year I rented a compact at Milwaukee for $15/day and in Detroit $18/day.

I've been watching Hotwire for the past few months. Once you factor their taxes/surcharges to their base rates they have been higher then I've been able to book with the companies themselves.

I currently have 2 One way reservations with Budget for a intermediate car.

MCO-PC $77.69 total (3 days) with Budget
Cheapest rate with Hotwire
Dollar Rent a Car - Economy
Car rental
Car daily rate: CAD34.92
Rental days: 3
Estimated taxes and fees: CAD63.64
Estimated subtotal: CAD168.40
Rental car company will bill you when you return the car.
Estimated Trip Total CAD168.40

and PC-MCO $66.40 total (3 Days) with Budget
Cheapest rate on Hotwire
Dollar Rent a Car - Special car
Car rental
Car daily rate: CAD27.12
Rental days: 3
Estimated taxes and fees: CAD60.40
Estimated subtotal: CAD141.77
Rental car company will bill you when you return the car.
Estimated Trip Total CAD141.77

My rates booking with Budget are less then half of what Hotwire rates are. Sometimes it pays to keep checking prices with the Actual companies if you can't find a great rate on other sites such as Hotwire.

I am renting out of Ft. Myers this trip and only for 3 days at the end of the month. The best rate I am getting is $209(total rate for the 3 days) for a compact car. Does this seem really high or is this an ok price? It is through Thrifty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter