January 2013 Discounts

Our dates are 1/16-1/22 and we got the discount so I think that you will be okay with 1/18-1/22. Good luck!!!

I know I shouldn't be annoyed about this as I am, but I feel like Disney's really screwed over those of us who were able to secure Little Mermaid rooms early on. We're coming in for the marathon 1/12-18 and I've tried every which way to apply some sort of discount to our stay (even switching the first couple nights around the race to POR) and no dice. I know our room type is sold out and I should be thankful we got it, since we'd been talking about staying there since they were announced, but it still burns a little to know that basically everyone else is getting a discount while we're stuck with the rack rate! :furious: And, /rant.

I hear ya~:flower3:
I just stayed in an LM room 2 weeks ago and they said they've been pretty much sold out since they've opened and will continue to be for quite some time. I guess they don't need to offer the discount, they know they will book up the LM rooms anyway. You can look at it that you are getting your wish by staying there, when others can't book, it being sold out, and that they are new and pristine. The rooms are adorable and very nice. I wouldn't mind paying extra for that. I hope you like them!

OK finally got through.

1/18-1/22
4 day hoppers
Standard dining plan
2 adults, 2 kids (11 & 7)
$3501.12 for Poly
or
$2833.76 for Art of Animation Finding Nemo Suite

Still seems like a lot more than we've paid for our past trips! I was hoping for a better discount I guess. I booked the A of A suite for now so we have something. My husband prefers deluxe though, so he probably won't like that choice. :confused3

Can someone tell me if this seems right? This is what the website is telling me.

Stay play dine
January 21-26 at the Poly
6 days basic park tickets
2 adults, 1 2-year-old
= $3066

Everything the same, but room only, plus park tickets (just no dining)
= $2159

That means the regular dining plan will cost us $907 for 2 adults for 5 days. That's $90 a day *each*. It doesn't even cost that much normally!

Can someone tell me if this seems right? This is what the website is telling me.

Stay play dine
January 21-26 at the Poly
6 days basic park tickets
2 adults, 1 2-year-old
= $3066

Everything the same, but room only, plus park tickets (just no dining)
= $2159

That means the regular dining plan will cost us $907 for 2 adults for 5 days. That's $90 a day *each*. It doesn't even cost that much normally!

Your quote of $2159 is NOT the normal room price--it includes the 35% off room only discount. If you add dining to it you get $2715 for room, tickets & dining, so for you the room only discount is clearly a better deal than s/p/d. That's because you're only getting a deal on the 2 adults in the room. For deluxe hotels the room only discount beats the s/p/d deal when there aren't as many adults/older kids in the room.

After a LONG time (almost 2 hours) between the 4 times I called this morning (twice got the system out answer, then was making the package changes and call was disconnected :confused3), then finally was able to sort it all out! :thumbsup2

I changed my 14-night at Pop with no DP for 11-night at Pop with same tickets and QSDP and it was just $7 more!!!:cool1:
I'll stay 3 more nights at the off-site hotel where I was staying for the first nights (we're arriving at 11:30pm! needed a place near the airport to crash!) which will add up about $200 more!

The total amount now is $3341.59 for 4 people (3 adults and 1 teen) at Pop century Standard Room with QSDP and 8-Day MYW with PH and WPF&M!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

My fabulous travel agent just emailed me.
We saved $583.90 with the s/p/d discount! :banana:

That's for 2 adults.
DxDDP
01/26/13 - 02/01/13
Beach Club
w/Park Hopper

I didn't have to do a thing! =) What a great surprise!

OK finally got through.

1/18-1/22
4 day hoppers
Standard dining plan
2 adults, 2 kids (11 & 7)
$3501.12 for Poly
or
$2833.76 for Art of Animation Finding Nemo Suite

Still seems like a lot more than we've paid for our past trips! I was hoping for a better discount I guess. I booked the A of A suite for now so we have something. My husband prefers deluxe though, so he probably won't like that choice. :confused3

That does seem like a lot for AOA. I guess because you have to upgrade to the regular DP and you have the park hopper option.

I would guess that you can get POFQ (or any moderate) on the p/s/d for about $400 less because they include regular dining whereas the value you have to pay to upgrade from the QS. Oor if you took off the park hopper option you could probably get AKL or WL for clost to $2,800 for one of the 35% off rooms as opposed to the p/s/d offer.

DISAPPOINTED!

Looks like the discount is not included on AKL savannah view rooms! We were really hoping to get some sort of discount :sad: Staying in the savannah view room has been something I've been looking forward to for years. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Disney will offer some type of discount on our room rates before January. sigh....

reking96 said:
My fabulous travel agent just emailed me.
We saved $583.90 with the s/p/d discount! :banana:

That's for 2 adults.
DxDDP
01/26/13 - 02/01/13
Beach Club
w/Park Hopper

I didn't have to do a thing! =) What a great surprise!

Not sure but you might want her to check the room only discount. You might get a better deal.

I got through almost right away this morning but the CM I got was insistant it was Oct 9th and that the discount wasn't avail until the 10th. Once I convinced her it was the 10th it was pretty quick except the reservation took forever but I was off the phone in abuot 45Min

SO I got....
2 adults
POP Standard room
9 - 19th January
10 Park Hoppers and Dining...not the quick service the regular dining.
$2506.00

Pretty happy with that.

Called this morning, for the first time ever! The reservation agent was amazing. Applied the code and saved me $50 total, not the best discount but wanted my hotel so still free money back!

I got through almost right away this morning but the CM I got was insistant it was Oct 9th and that the discount wasn't avail until the 10th. Once I convinced her it was the 10th it was pretty quick except the reservation took forever but I was off the phone in abuot 45Min

SO I got....
2 adults
POP Standard room
9 - 19th January
10 Park Hoppers and Dining...not the quick service the regular dining.
$2506.00

Pretty happy with that.

Kim, we have almost the same booking:

2 adults
Pop Standard
9-19th January
7 day base tickets with reg Dining

DISAPPOINTED!

Looks like the discount is not included on AKL savannah view rooms! We were really hoping to get some sort of discount :sad: Staying in the savannah view room has been something I've been looking forward to for years. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Disney will offer some type of discount on our room rates before January. sigh....

Did you call or look online? Both? I wouldn't give up hope . . . .

No, didn't try calling. I checked online and AKL specifically says "Standard View". I am working with a travel agent, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact her. I don't like being a pest, but I suppose she's used to that and if it can save my family some money for other things at WDW it's worth it. I'll post if I'm successful in getting a discount.

Saved $93 on each reservation w/ SPD.

Jan 13-17 @ Pop pref rooms
#1-2A DDP w/ 1 day ticket no PH
#2-1A DDP w/ 1 day ticket np PH

Total savings of $186 or a Disney Dooney! :rotfl:

I waited since everyone was having issues this Morning, and then had to go to parents Day with my son, so started calling about 10:15 (11:15 FL time). A few "all circuits are busy" messages, then finally it thru after waiting about 5 minutes or less. 3 adults, 2 kids (one is 10), preferred room at POR, 9day base tickets, DDP. Saved about $1600!!! So we're basically paying a little over $400 for the dining plan for 5 people for 8 nights. Woohoo!!!!!! So excited. And it was about $250 less than when I tried to figure it out at the kids prices, so I was thrilled!!!!

My CM was awesome, I wish I could remember her name. She said she had NO idea what type of discounts it was giving, they had no name for it. She said it comes up on her screen as regular room rate and discounted components. Weird! But I'll take it!!!

No, didn't try calling. I checked online and AKL specifically says "Standard View". I am working with a travel agent, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact her. I don't like being a pest, but I suppose she's used to that and if it can save my family some money for other things at WDW it's worth it. I'll post if I'm successful in getting a discount.

Holy cow! My travel agent got us a discount of $105.21 on a 5 night stay. Not a huge discount, but that will pay for our Jiko dinner!

Thanks fla4fun for the suggestion!!!! And good luck to everyone else on their discounts!

I was finally able to get back in touch with a person a little after 12:45 today and they applied the discount so we got a pretty good discount vs. rack package rates. We are paying about $500 more then we would if there was free dining but I will take it. :cheer2: Thanks for all the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter