January 2012 Car Rentals

294.xx for jan. 23-30th from sanford international for a fullsized....

wowza!

Try Budget using BCD x474200 (travelocity public code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total for a full size at SFB inc taxes is $263.39 after $30 coupon is applied when return vehicle. By the way a minivan is $5.00 more.

Check your Alamo rate for January. I was pleasantly surprised.:thumbsup2

When are you going in January?

I'm going Jan 12-26 and my dates haven't budged by so much as a cent up or down in well over a week and a half. I think they're just stuck there! :)

When are you going in January?

I'm going Jan 12-26 and my dates haven't budged by so much as a cent up or down in well over a week and a half. I think they're just stuck there! :)

Same here. Our dates our Jan 14-23 and they haven't moved in well over a week.

Just a heads up - check your Alamo rates again today!! Mine was the same this morning but within the last half hour or so has dropped from $75 for a standard to $61!!

They share the same exact cars. When they come back from the prep area they are assigned where needed.

Sorry I wasn't clear... In my experience, National has a better selection on Emerald Isle than Alamo has on their midsize isle. Also, when I've specifically asked about car models or lower mileage models at Alamo, I've gotten comments like "they have some over on the National side" but, they wouldn't bring them over for me...

What type of code is AD4027JDO? Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, it is an Insider's Member $40 off code.

Yes, it's an Insider's Member code. Signing up for "Insider's Club" is free and you get free extra drivers - last time I put two extra drivers on and didn't get charged - so, it's worth it if you are traveling with several adults who may all drive at some point.

WOW -- I guess it was possible -- my rate that was at $170 yesterday just dropped to $135!! that is the total after taxes and fees for an 11 (ELEVEN) day rental -- executive aisle with National! I think my weekly base rate was $88 before discounts. My dates re Jan. 18 @ noon to Jan. 28 @ 2:00PM.

Would you mind sharing the codes you used to get there?

Just a heads up - check your Alamo rates again today!! Mine was the same this morning but within the last half hour or so has dropped from $75 for a standard to $61!!

Mine hasn't dropped, but it is so low, I can't complain. (But I will keep checking.):rotfl2:

yep mine's down again! :cool1::banana:

I'm down to $57.95 for 1/29 to 2/4 for a midsize. I used my insiders number and coupon code AD4027JDO for $40 off.

Would you mind sharing the codes you used to get there?

I can get my rate of a total of $135 for an 11 day rental, using code 5760339 and the e-coupon ND8598AAP.

In case you didn't see my earlier message (2 pages back), there is some real issues with what time you put in for your pick up. I put in 12:00/noon pickup and drop off 2:00PM. If I change my times to the half hours (11:30 & 1:30) then my rate goes up by $50 even though it's the same rental timeframe. So I keep suggesting folks try to stay on the hour when putting in for an estimate. Good luck....no recent change for me, but I don't expect any. My rate can't possibly go any lower.

I looked at the carrentalsavers dot com website and it had a $35/week coupon for Alamo that is valid through 11/30/12. (I am going on 1/1 so I can't use the $40/week coupon that Alamo has).

By using this and my Insiders number, I was able to get our 8 day/7 night reservation for a Standard size (automatically upgrade to full size) for $105 (including all taxes). :cool1:

I originally started at $182 when I started booking right after Thanksgiving, so a savings of $77 so far.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Are you going on 1/1/2012 or 1/1/2013? If it is 2012 that coupon should be fine as it is 11/30/2012.

I just got a killer deal from Budget I think. Jan 18-31 (a 13 day, 22 hour rental) I got:

Full size car
GPS
Booster Seat
Child Seat

$308 after tax. If I didn't need the child seats it would have taken $130 off that for a total of $178 after tax.

I can get my rate of a total of $135 for an 11 day rental, using code 5760339 and the e-coupon ND8598AAP.

In case you didn't see my earlier message (2 pages back), there is some real issues with what time you put in for your pick up. I put in 12:00/noon pickup and drop off 2:00PM. If I change my times to the half hours (11:30 & 1:30) then my rate goes up by $50 even though it's the same rental timeframe. So I keep suggesting folks try to stay on the hour when putting in for an estimate. Good luck....no recent change for me, but I don't expect any. My rate can't possibly go any lower.

THANKS! That brings me down to $120... which is normally a GREAT price for Emerald Isle (IMHO).

I booked it, but I'll have to decide if gambling on Emerald Isle is better than a guaranteed full size at Alamo (for only $90)... tough decision.

What would everyone else do?

yep mine's down again! :cool1::banana:

I'm down to $57.95 for 1/29 to 2/4 for a midsize. I used my insiders number and coupon code AD4027JDO for $40 off.

Mine is down as well..though not as far as yours!! :)

Just FYI everyone - my reservation is for the 21st, and the rates have finally dropped! Was at $204 for a standard, now at $113...here's hoping for a bit more! That's booking with my insiders # and AD4027JDO.

Mine is down as well..though not as far as yours!! :)

Just FYI everyone - my reservation is for the 21st, and the rates have finally dropped! Was at $204 for a standard, now at $113...here's hoping for a bit more! That's booking with my insiders # and AD4027JDO.

I can't believe I'll have a car for the week for that low of a price! :thumbsup2

Are you going on 1/1/2012 or 1/1/2013? If it is 2012 that coupon should be fine as it is 11/30/2012.

I am going 1/1/12 so I was able to use the coupon that was good for 11/30 which is $35 off per week.

There is also a $40 off per week coupon code floating around, but it starts 1/5/12, so it doesn't work for me.

I am going 1/1/12 so I was able to use the coupon that was good for 11/30 which is $35 off per week.

There is also a $40 off per week coupon code floating around, but it starts 1/5/12, so it doesn't work for me.

Oops, misread your first post. Have a great trip.

WOOHOOOO!!! Booked my full size rental throught Carrentalsavers.com for a full size from Jan 27th to Feb 4th from Alamo for $158.54... them went on Alamo site signed up for Alamo insiders and put confirmation number in from Car rental savers and added coupon code AD4027JDO and knocked rental down to $112.00 for those dates!!!! SO EXCITED LOVE A BARGAIN!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter