January 2009 PI Applicants

I just got offered the Biotechnology PI at Epcot today!! Has anyone out there heard anything back yet? I was just wondering if the other science positions have been filled yet?

The scient internships sound like the only PIs that are being filled right now. Everybody else I talk to is on hold.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to wait until the end of this week and then call casting if I don't hear anything. I am not sure what they would be able to tell me, but I feel like they should at least let us know if they put everything on hold. I'm trying to tell myself that I shouldn't feel bad calling and bugging them when the department specifically told us we would find out by now...

Hey did you by chance call casting last week. I think im gunna call this week but i dont want them to think im being impatient its just that they told us we would hear a while ago. Any suggestions on if i should call or not?

Hey did you by chance call casting last week. I think im gunna call this week but i dont want them to think im being impatient its just that they told us we would hear a while ago. Any suggestions on if i should call or not?

I'd say go for it considering the odd circumstances at hand with the budget cuts/lay-offs.

Have you told a bunch of people or are you keeping it close to the vest until you get an answer?

I was so excited about my 2nd interview that I told LOTS of people and now they keep asking me about it! It's fun how excited some near-complete strangers are for me, it's like they're living vicariously. That, and my Toastmasters group is trying to figure out if I have enough time between now and January to get my CTM award so they can apply it to our club.:rolleyes1 I'll have to give 4 speeches between now and 12/17...:scared1:

I just got offered the Biotechnology PI at Epcot today!! Has anyone out there heard anything back yet? I was just wondering if the other science positions have been filled yet?
Congratulations on the biotechnology position! That one looks like a lot of fun. When I visited last August I was so curious what goes on behind that window. How did your interview go?

Apparently all the Epcot science positions are going to be filled this week, according to one of the recently accepted entomology interns on facebook. I'm still waiting to hear anything for Plant-Science, but I'm trying to keep patient. I can't imagine how the other non-science applicants must feel with all the rumours going about.

I've been keeping my cell phone on and charged. I'm in this weird combination of optimism and worrying all at once. Hopefully I hear something soon!

Hey Guys,

After my second interview was cancelled, I emailed Disney and got this reply.

Dear Ashley,
Thank you for applying for the Travel Industry Marketing Measurements Professional Internship. The leaders have redefined the focus of the internship, and regretfully, will not be filling the position in the spring.

You are still in consideration for the other internships that you've applied for, and we wish you the best of luck as you pursue them!

Have a Magical Day!
The Professional Internship Recruitment Team

so i just called casting and all they would tell me was that i would hear by Nov 28th. I told her that the person that the person that I interviewed with told me I would know by Halloween and she said nope Nov. 28th. So i dont know if this info will help anyone but thought id let ya know.

I have just accepted a management internship at the Wide World of Sports Complex, so offers are starting to go out. Good Luck to everybody.
-Mike

I have just accepted a management internship at the Wide World of Sports Complex, so offers are starting to go out. Good Luck to everybody.
-Mike

CONGRATS!!! That gives many of us hope!!! When did you have your last interview?!?!?!?

Congratulations on the biotechnology position! That one looks like a lot of fun. When I visited last August I was so curious what goes on behind that window. How did your interview go?

Apparently all the Epcot science positions are going to be filled this week, according to one of the recently accepted entomology interns on facebook. I'm still waiting to hear anything for Plant-Science, but I'm trying to keep patient. I can't imagine how the other non-science applicants must feel with all the rumours going about.

I've been keeping my cell phone on and charged. I'm in this weird combination of optimism and worrying all at once. Hopefully I hear something soon!

Thanks!! Yea I hear they should all be filled this week also. I hope you hear something soon!

I interviewed for this particular position about two weeks ago.
-Mike

Mike, I never got a call for that one unfortunately as it was my first choice, so I guess there's not much hope left for me on that one... do you know how many interns they are taking? I really hope that I still have a shot a that one!

Mike, I never got a call for that one unfortunately as it was my first choice, so I guess there's not much hope left for me on that one... do you know how many interns they are taking? I really hope that I still have a shot a that one!

I am not sure how many interns they will take, I was one of seven to interview with my interviewer. He said he was picking one candidate. I don't know whether or not they had other interviewers. Sorry I can't help more.
-Mike

thanks for the info! my next choice of management, recreation, I haven't had a 2nd interview with either... so hopefully one of the two will pan out... congrats again!

so i just called casting and all they would tell me was that i would hear by Nov 28th. I told her that the person that the person that I interviewed with told me I would know by Halloween and she said nope Nov. 28th. So i dont know if this info will help anyone but thought id let ya know.

I emailed a secretary in the weddings department directly. She replied almost immediately and said the people who gave the interviews didn't realize that the date they have to give their decisions to casting by is 10/31 but the date casting will contact the applicants by is 11/28.
So she definitely made it sound like the decisions for that department are already in to casting, now its just up to casting to contact us. Neither she nor I mentioned anything about internships being on "hold" or cut back.

I know contacting her did not make me look bad (especially if their decisions are already in), she was really nice and prompt with her response.
So maybe not every department had to go through changes for this semester and we will be contacted by 11/28 just like we were originally supposed to be...

I emailed a secretary in the weddings department directly. She replied almost immediately and said the people who gave the interviews didn't realize that the date they have to give their decisions to casting by is 10/31 but the date casting will contact the applicants by is 11/28.
So she definitely made it sound like the decisions for that department are already in to casting, now its just up to casting to contact us. Neither she nor I mentioned anything about internships being on "hold" or cut back.

I know contacting her did not make me look bad (especially if their decisions are already in), she was really nice and prompt with her response.
So maybe not every department had to go through changes for this semester and we will be contacted by 11/28 just like we were originally supposed to be...
Thank you so much for doing that and letting us know!! I didnt even think to email the secretary... casting didnt sound thrilled when i told them that my interviewer said we would hear by oct 31st. Now i dont feel so stressed out! Thank you again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter