Jan 2010 Code Watch

Why would you ever pay full rack rates? The very least you could do is get the AAA rate. It is not a huge discount, but it more than covers the cost of AAA membership. Or, why don't you get the Disney Visa? These are two easy ways to save a lot of money? Why would someone pay full rack rate for 15 years?

Yes I do have AAA its only good for room only. and we like havin the dining plan, and I don't have a disney visa. AAA quoted me the same price as CR as did a few of the TA's.

Just called....no AP rates yet, altho she did say it was the right time to call and left me on hold for awhile while she checked. When nothting came back up she pushed the dining plan...room discount with a dining plan, altho then you change overr to a package. I plan to call back again in a few days...

I called today and got a AP rate of $417 for 5 nights at Pop Century Jan 14 - 19. Preferred view!

Yes I do have AAA its only good for room only. and we like havin the dining plan, and I don't have a disney visa. AAA quoted me the same price as CR as did a few of the TA's.

As long as it isn't free dining, you are able to get a AAA, Disney Visa, AP rate and add dining that you pay for. With the AAA rate, however, once you add the package you need to go through a AAA TA.

In Aug I booked my 6 night POR trip for Jan. at rack rate of about $1041. I called a few days later when I fouund out the AAA rates were out. With the AAA rate applied, my total went down to $832. When the Disney Visa rate came out, I had that applied and my total went down to $623. I recently added dining (and a one day base ticket) which brought my total up to $900
(1 person, QSDP). So, with Disney Visa, I am still lower than rack, and I have dining and a park ticket as well. I could have had a AAA TA do the same if I still had the AAA rate, and would have paid $1109 for a package with AAA rate, as opposed to $1318 rack with my package.

Nothing on the passholder website. It looks likes Disney is beating us down. It's almost 8:00AM and I'm the first one to post. Do you think the emails and pin codes are the way the discounts will be released for 2010?

Nothing on the passholder website. It looks likes Disney is beating us down. It's almost 8:00AM and I'm the first one to post. Do you think the emails and pin codes are the way the discounts will be released for 2010?

I checked at 7am this morning and was too annoyed to come here and post! :(

I am getting so fed up waiting, was it this late last year?

Nope...I check back to 2006 on the Mousesavers Historical Discounts page and the latest that AP rates have been released was 11/3. They were released between 10/29 and 11/3 for the past 4 years...so, we are running a bit late this year.

We are going for a quick trip in January and I have a pin code...but, all they have available at the value resorts is a Preferred Room at Pop that will cost me about $79 per night. I'm considering staying offsite unless something a little better comes along....so, we'll see.

Speed

Nope...I check back to 2006 on the Mousesavers Historical Discounts page and the latest that AP rates have been released was 11/3. They were released between 10/29 and 11/3 for the past 4 years...so, we are running a bit late this year.

We are going for a quick trip in January and I have a pin code...but, all they have available at the value resorts is a Preferred Room at Pop that will cost me about $79 per night. I'm considering staying offsite unless something a little better comes along....so, we'll see.

Speed

I do hope you get a deal. I thought it was late this year lets hope some discounts come out this weekend :thumbsup2

I just got a Disney Visa card...and the website says the discount is only for Moderates and above... I thought I heard someone say they got the discount for a value. Can someone confirm that? :)

Count me in as another frustrated AP holder. I live near Orlando, and I've never received a PIN (probably never will). I already have three credit cards, so getting a fourth is just not a smart move, so no Disney VISA. Why they are treating not only AP holders but the Florida Residents who helped keep them going over the past year, so poorly is totally beyond me. I've got a AAA discount for January, but I'd really like to knock the price down a few hundred more. I had hoped to use the savings to take my parents over for a weekend either last week or this week - that didn't happen (and for various reasons, can't happen now for the rest of the year - so they lost out on that cash). I just feel like those of us who have been EXTREMELY loyal this past year (I have made 5 trips, including the AP trip I'm making in December) are really being left out in the cold. After making us wait this long, the discounts had better be good! :rolleyes1

Count me in as another frustrated AP holder. I live near Orlando, and I've never received a PIN (probably never will). I already have three credit cards, so getting a fourth is just not a smart move, so no Disney VISA. Why they are treating not only AP holders but the Florida Residents who helped keep them going over the past year, so poorly is totally beyond me. I've got a AAA discount for January, but I'd really like to knock the price down a few hundred more. I had hoped to use the savings to take my parents over for a weekend either last week or this week - that didn't happen (and for various reasons, can't happen now for the rest of the year - so they lost out on that cash). I just feel like those of us who have been EXTREMELY loyal this past year (I have made 5 trips, including the AP trip I'm making in December) are really being left out in the cold. After making us wait this long, the discounts had better be good! :rolleyes1

I agree we have made a few trips this year too, it would be nice to be rewarded with a big discount LOL :)

Just made my final payment...a week early. Asked if there were any military rates for 2010 and so far not any.....

I agree we have made a few trips this year too, it would be nice to be rewarded with a big discount LOL :)
I have gone several times also and never expected a pin code but called yesterday to book my june trip and was amazed to find out I HAD A PIN CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know details of it but I booked a mod in jun and modified my jan trip at a value with it and saved 118.00 over my AAA rate.

Do you have AAA? That room only rate is pretty decent for Mods ($127 or so)...that's what I booked so I'm not sure about Values or Deluxes....

I may have to go this way if they don't release some room only rates. I like the AAA discount but I HATE to turn my rese over to TA. Hate that thought. I will wait until last minute to decide about AAA b/c if that is the ONLY way to get a discount I will have to do it but I won't like it. :rotfl:

I may have to go this way if they don't release some room only rates. I like the AAA discount but I HATE to turn my rese over to TA. Hate that thought. I will wait until last minute to decide about AAA b/c if that is the ONLY way to get a discount I will have to do it but I won't like it. :rotfl:
If you only want/need a room at the Inn you can book direct through Disney by calling, it's what I normally do. When you get a CM just ask for a AAA room at whatever INN your looking at, you may have to choose another INN but they usually have rooms. And if a better rate come along ylou just call and modify you ressie to whatever rate you like better.

If you only want/need a room at the Inn you can book direct through Disney by calling, it's what I normally do. When you get a CM just ask for a AAA room at whatever INN your looking at, you may have to choose another INN but they usually have rooms. And if a better rate come along ylou just call and modify you ressie to whatever rate you like better.

Yep, I never us a TA, just call myself. You may be asked for your AAA # and expiration date, and you will need it when you check in. I actually find it to be pretty easy, and then I still have control of all my dining, etc.

Maria :upsidedow

Yep, I never us a TA, just call myself. You may be asked for your AAA # and expiration date, and you will need it when you check in. I actually find it to be pretty easy, and then I still have control of all my dining, etc.

Maria :upsidedow
Over the last 2 yrs this has been 1 consistant thing I've had is asking for my AAA number and Exp date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter