Jan 2010 Code Watch

This is really crappy, I have to work 12 hours tomorrow and they will be closed before I go to work and after I get home :sad1:. Good luck to everyone if they come out tomorrow!

this afternoon with the hopes that AP rates would be available for January. For what it's worth, DH was told today by the CM that we should keep checking as they expect AP rates within the next few weeks. We were told this a few weeks ago as well. Here's hoping that we hear something soon, it can't be much longer .... :confused3

The AP rate you got is exactly the same as the room portion of the AP with dining codes people have been getting. I was hoping for a little lower rate to come out for room only as the rates released for 09 were $89 + tx. Did you buy a dining package and are you rooms standard?

The AP rate you got is exactly the same as the room portion of the AP with dining codes people have been getting. I was hoping for a little lower rate to come out for room only as the rates released for 09 were $89 + tx. Did you buy a dining package and are you rooms standard?

I didn't buy a package or have a dining plan- room only. The rooms are standard. I figured my price was the $89 with the tax added on, but I have no idea how much tax is so I'm not sure.

I asked and she said it was an AP rate.

I just got the confirmation - here is the price per night...

Sat. 9th - $103.35
Sun. & Mon. - $96.85

Those were the rates I was given as well when I called to switch from Disney Visa to AP. However, Disney Visa rates were better--$50 less for my 6 nights at POR. When I called last night to add dining, I was told the AP rates weren't out yet--despite having been quoted AP rates a few weeks ago (w/o a PIN)

I didn't buy a package or have a dining plan- room only. The rooms are standard. I figured my price was the $89 with the tax added on, but I have no idea how much tax is so I'm not sure.

So, does your paperwork show grand total each night, or before tax is 96.85? Tax on rooms is 12%-12.5% depending on where they are located. Also, you showed prices for different resorts, which one did you go with?

Those prices were after tax, so I guess I did get the $89/night rate for the last two nights.

Oh, and I went with POR.

So, does your paperwork show grand total each night, or before tax is 96.85? Tax on rooms is 12%-12.5% depending on where they are located. Also, you showed prices for different resorts, which one did you go with?
tax is actually 12.5% or 13%.

Those prices were after tax, so I guess I did get the $89/night rate for the last two nights.

Oh, and I went with POR.
Are you sure? Those rates are exactly 35% off without tax.

tax is actually 12.5% or 13%.

Are you sure? Those rates are exactly 35% off without tax.

Yep - you're right. I just went and looked at my confirmation and did the math - those were the prices before tax. So I guess I got the 35% off. Wither way I am happy!!

Anyone else still checking religiously for a room only discount for Jan?? January is coming up so soon that I was hoping there would be a discount out there already but, no, not yet. :confused3 I was hoping for something good before I had to pay off my trip so I'm hoping they come out with something soon!!!!! I'm not a Visa card holder or an AP holder-just regular old guest who is hoping for some savings!! Oh yea, and an extension of that military deal! :thumbsup2

Anyone else still checking religiously for a room only discount for Jan?? January is coming up so soon that I was hoping there would be a discount out there already but, no, not yet. :confused3 I was hoping for something good before I had to pay off my trip so I'm hoping they come out with something soon!!!!! I'm not a Visa card holder or an AP holder-just regular old guest who is hoping for some savings!! Oh yea, and an extension of that military deal! :thumbsup2

Do you have AAA? That room only rate is pretty decent for Mods ($127 or so)...that's what I booked so I'm not sure about Values or Deluxes....

Do you have AAA? That room only rate is pretty decent for Mods ($127 or so)...that's what I booked so I'm not sure about Values or Deluxes....
my value rate is 73.80 wdy and 82.80 w/e jan 20-26 so value rate

I received a code offer in the mail. Its the same one that was attached to my name when I called a couple of weeks back. 30% off values, 35% off mods and 40% off Deluxe. I booked AKL weekend rate for $144.00.

For those of you waiting for a pin do not give up. I called last week and asked if there were any pins attached to my name. The cm said yes and quoted me a rate that saved me $20 off a $1300 vacation. I asked if it was the 40% pin and she said no just a special offer. Knowing Disney pricing, I knew that this was no deal. I did not take the offer and called back yesterday. The cm told me that there was a pin attached to my name. I of course was skeptical until he told me it was the 40% off one. Maybe this is not typical, but keep calling and asking. It worked for me!

I know there are lots of us out there: people who go to Disney every year --(me past 15yrs) and pay full rack rate. Well I booked CBR- full rack rate and I don't see a code in site and no hope for one :confused3 I was hopin to upgrade to maybe AK or CR with a code but I don't think it will happen. So i guess I have to suck it up and PAY again.. Good Luck to everybody waiting on a code.

Ok my vent is over ;)

I know there are lots of us out there: people who go to Disney every year --(me past 15yrs) and pay full rack rate. Well I booked CBR- full rack rate and I don't see a code in site and no hope for one :confused3 I was hopin to upgrade to maybe AK or CR with a code but I don't think it will happen. So i guess I have to suck it up and PAY again.. Good Luck to everybody waiting on a code.

Ok my vent is over ;)

Why would you ever pay full rack rates? The very least you could do is get the AAA rate. It is not a huge discount, but it more than covers the cost of AAA membership. Or, why don't you get the Disney Visa? These are two easy ways to save a lot of money? Why would someone pay full rack rate for 15 years?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter