JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic: hey all just a quick drive by posting before I head out the door to go strawberry picking with a friend. I will have to do a more detailed posting later. I wanted to share some news that we just found out we are getting a puppy. We are heading to Wisconsin next week to pick him up. He is 10 weeks old. Here is a pic of him:
blackmale2.jpg

kimmar067 said:
....First of all,buenvenidos, boricua! :teeth: I think a pool view would do very nicely. Since you are on a tight budget, spend your $$ splurging on other things - like at the Zawadi Marketplace :rolleyes:. If you DO choose the pool view, who knows :confused3 , you MAY be upgraded! You are going to LOVE AKL.....

Gracias! kimmara067! I'll do that....and pray for a "miracle" update to savanah view!!!! Thanks

Oh how cute :goodvibes

scoutsmom99 said:
:offtopic: hey all just a quick drive by posting before I head out the door to go strawberry picking with a friend. I will have to do a more detailed posting later. I wanted to share some news that we just found out we are getting a puppy. We are heading to Wisconsin next week to pick him up. He is 10 weeks old. Here is a pic of him:

Lisa, The puppy is adorable!

Well we are looking forward to our upcoming stay at AKL, we've actually decided to book a week in February instead of just a couple of days and we're booking a savannah view instead of standard. :yay: We are very excited!!

In the mean time we decided to cancell our trip in September at CBR and go to the beach instead. Let's just hope there are NO hurricanes. After all the resort drama and all it just wore us out and it just took the fun out of it. The kids actually asked to go to the beach and that was DH's original plan.

But DH and I are looking very forward to our first trip to AKL. Dumb question: is it warm enough to swim in early February?

tx for the slide show link kimmar, the more pictures the better, and 2 months is a terribly long time to wait, i dont wanna wait lol

dm220 said:
tx for the slide show link kimmar, the more pictures the better, and 2 months is a terribly long time to wait, i dont wanna wait lol

I'm around the 2 month time too! Not too much longer now. :banana: I loved those pics! Did you just find them randomly on the internet or do you know the folks in them?
And that puppy looks so adorable! Almost makes me want a puppy, but then our horribly spoiled cat :cat: would have a big problem with that! :sad2:

I have decided, based on responses, and based on pictures, AND my prior experience, not to request a certain savannah. I would really rather have a "low" floor for a closer view, and there is something I like about each savannah. So, I've decided to leave that to chance, and to focus on getting a "low" floor.

Thank you to everyone who has said prayers or positive thoughts for my Mom. She is doing much better this week. Still in ICU but looking better each day.

Can anyone tell me where to find those cool keychain mister fans? I would love to surprise my niece and nephew with them for our August trip. Thanks for any info!

shyjade, sorry about the loss of your fil, hope your WDW trip planning gives you some rest! I found these boards after my sister died suddenly 6 years ago and it has helped me through my nephew's illness, father's heart surgery and now Mom's.

scoutsmom99, your new puppy is adorable.

tinknme, where is that photo of your boys taken?

Just wanted to share my excitement, as we leave today for a split stay between VWL and AKL. I've been lurking for quite a while, and have gotten lots of useful info on AKL from all of you guys! We stayed at AKL once before, but I'm now armed with lots more inside info, which I'm sure will make the trip for me, DH and 2 DDs MUCH more enjoyable! Thanks a bunch to the Wild Bunch!!!

What a cute puppy Scoutsmom! Where in WI will you be picking him up? I live half way between Milwaukee and Sheboygan.

I have a question: what are the pool hours at AKL? I've read "open 24 hours" and also "10am to 10pm". Anyone know which is correct?

Okay, make that 2 questions...anyone ever do the Cultural Safari? I've seen it mentioned several times but never found any details on what exactly it is...

wendypooh said:
Hi Everyone!!! Just checking in to say "Jambo"!!! ...

Exactly!!!! That's why those of us who post here keep coming back!! It's so nice to talk about anything from the lodge to zebra domes to our lives. We can be serious or silly and I for one love that!!! This is a terrific support group, it feels like a "best girlfriend" that you can talk too. It also certainly doesn't hurt that we all have the same affinity for our FAVORITE place!!! It's wonderful and I'd hate for this thread to change in any way!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:
cheer2: I went to the Disney Store yesterday and got DS a Captain Jack costume...... he just had to have it, and it's too cute!!! Now when we get to DTD and he "builds" his pirate hat, he'll be all set, so if you see a little swashbuckler around the lodge don't be afraid......... he's a good pirate!!! pirate: Yo Ho

** They had tons of things on sale!!! Just an FYI for you guys!!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week and has a wonderful weekend!!!

Wendy-here, here! :goodvibes :grouphug: I didn't see a Captain Jack Sparrow Costume at our store... pirate: hum...I'm going to have to go back there...sometimes I feel that they put things out at different times when they're having these sales... (Does any one know if the Disney Store online is the same at the stores...?)

Kimmar-great photos and that looks like the most recent activity list??? (can't wait-but I have to... :confused3 and while we're at it...isn't today Friday? Doesn't that mean it will soon be time to put out those Zebra Domes?...Since I missed out last week...I plan to hang close by today... :smooth:

And here's to a very happy 4th of July extended weekend to everyone in the U.S. and as Tiny Tim said "God bless us, everyone...(ok-different holiday-same sentiment)..... :woohoo: :cheer2: !!!

Glad to hear your mother is doing better :goodvibes

The picture was taken at the Contemporary :)

Maybe Walmart carries the misterfan keychains :confused3

LAWalz23 said:
Thank you to everyone who has said prayers or positive thoughts for my Mom. She is doing much better this week. Still in ICU but looking better each day.

Can anyone tell me where to find those cool keychain mister fans? I would love to surprise my niece and nephew with them for our August trip. Thanks for any info!

tinknme, where is that photo of your boys taken?

Have a wonderful time :Pinkbounc

wintergreen said:
Just wanted to share my excitement, as we leave today for a split stay between VWL and AKL. I've been lurking for quite a while, and have gotten lots of useful info on AKL from all of you guys! We stayed at AKL once before, but I'm now armed with lots more inside info, which I'm sure will make the trip for me, DH and 2 DDs MUCH more enjoyable! Thanks a bunch to the Wild Bunch!!!

Well they are my 2 children :rotfl: Thank you for the compliment on the photo :goodvibes

PracPerfPatricia said:
tinknme,

I've been meaning to ask-where was that photo taken-are they your three children? :mickeyjum -it's a great photo! :sunny:

PracPerfPatricia said:
Wendy-here, here! :goodvibes :grouphug: I didn't see a Captain Jack Sparrow Costume at our store... pirate: hum...I'm going to have to go back there...sometimes I feel that they put things out at different times when they're having these sales... (Does any one know if the Disney Store online is the same at the stores...?)

Kimmar-great photos and that looks like the most recent activity list??? (can't wait-but I have to... :confused3 and while we're at it...isn't today Friday? Doesn't that mean it will soon be time to put out those Zebra Domes?...Since I missed out last week...I plan to hang close by today... :smooth:

And here's to a very happy 4th of July extended weekend to everyone in the U.S. and as Tiny Tim said "God bless us, everyone...(ok-different holiday-same sentiment)..... :woohoo: :cheer2: !!!

Hey Patricia ~~

Our Disney Store had half the store set up with Pirates stuff......... it was loaded with it!!! They actually had 2 different costumes, we opted for the one withOUT the hat, as DS wants to go "build" one at DTD when we get there. I was actually amazed at all the pirate's stuff they had though. I'm getting me domes today......... I missed them last week too!!! ;) Happy 4th......... going to get fireworks today!!!! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter