It's offical: New rules for WDW - DTD Pin Trading - Long read

i dont trade with other people, ever...*** often i get a no (not something i like hearing, so i avoid the disappointment, immature whatever i know, but its me lol)

i think one of the first experiences i had was with the tattooed man....and its what really turned me off to trading with non CMs

oh and jen, HM pin is just Haunted Mansion pin, abbreviated :)

i think one of the first experiences i had was with the tattooed man....and its what really turned me off to trading with non CMs

The tattooed man IS the man in the muscle shirt and sandals who has been mentioned many times in this thread.

And there are lots of us who like to give away pins for nothing in exchange..I like to think of it as spreading random acts of Disney magic in the parks. Little kids are most of the recipients, but I've also done it to CMs and random adults who just seem to need a sprinkle of pixie dust.

The tattooed man IS the man in the muscle shirt and sandals who has been mentioned many times in this thread.

And there are lots of us who like to give away pins for nothing in exchange..I like to think of it as spreading random acts of Disney magic in the parks. Little kids are most of the recipients, but I've also done it to CMs and random adults who just seem to need a sprinkle of pixie dust.

We do this too, the neatest thing was on our last weekend in DL we had CMs giving our girls free pins. :) They would trade with a CM and then the CM would say "do you like xxxx?" and the girls would say yes or no and then they would pull a pin out of their pocket and pass it on. Just rack pins but it was still a very nice surprise! :)

Isn't it funny how we all know him but Disney turns a blind eye to the one person who is ruining pin trading for alot of people... :confused3 and making a fortune off of other's good nature or nativity...and don't forget his Chinese scrappers which he continues to have his children trade around the parks....is anyone listening????

The next pin trading night is May 22nd I think (going from memory as it will be 2 days before we get there..boo hoo) someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I also wanted to share a magical experience I created @ WDW 2 years ago..
We went to the World of Disney store @ DTD for their daily 1:00pm book trade (for those who don't know what it is, pm me). While waiting with our cards I was talking to this young man and we were discussing our "faves". My son told him that he had been endlessly searching for the completer to his HM set (before rampant scrappers mind you). This guy pulled the pin my son was looking for out of his pocket and say's "I have it, you want to trade?"

Well needless to say my son went crazy with excitement, however, we only had our "trading" lanyards on, not our bags. So the guy looked over it and asked if any of us had Chip n Dale pins, as those were what he was collecting. Specifically one CND pin that was the completer to a HM set 2 years earlier. I told him I thought I had it at the resort but not on me. BTW, Chip n Dale pins in general are very highly sought after (from what I've noticed over the years). None of us had any CND pins, but he STILL just gave my DS the pin. This man was very distinct looking (very big with bright blue eyes) and we thanked him over and over, he smiled and just said, "no problem".

Well, the VERY next day, I had re-upped my lanyard and saw that Chip n Dale pin he was looking for. I thought it would be good to keep on my lanyard in case I came across someone else who might want to trade it (it wasn't one of my favorites anyway).

Well, we were walking up to the Indiana Jones show @ DHS and there was the same guy from the day before, standing there, giving instructions to everyone who was going into the show-he was a Cast Member!! I quickly turned around and got out of line, pulled the pin off my lanyard and put it in my hand. In the mass of people he was directing into the show, and all the chaos, I walked up to him, handed him the pin, and while walking away said.."have a magical day". I will NEVER forget the complete look of shock on his face as I turned around to look at his reaction (I don't think he remembered me at all). It is one of those little "magical memories" I will never forget, I suspect he won't either :flower3:

I have a magical "pin memory" to share also. We visited DLR in November celebrating my 14 birthday. I have been colecting pins for almost 3 years now i believe and i was trying to complete my christmas set. The only one i needed was the mickey in front of the presents, the silohette. I had been looking for it for three days and i couldnt find it anywhere. My last day there we saw a lady standing with her 5 kids with about 5-6 books and i always look but i get very intimidated and to scared to trade with the Bigger pin traders, allthough half the time i have more pins then they do, it still scares me. But i looked through her book and saw the pin i needed. I began to get really exited. (Let me also tell you i talked to the lady she had only been trading for a month. Something seemed fishy about the pins she had.) But i asked her what she would trade me and she wanted another completer i had. I traded her and walked away. As i looked at the pin i realized it was fake. The paint was all funky colors and the metal went up past the paint on the sides. I went up to my mom and explained to her and she agreed the pin seemed fake. My mom told me to be nice about it and politely ask for my pin back. So i did and the response i got back i was astounded by. She screamed at me that i had no idea what i was talking about. We then went to woodys round up ranch and i was almost in tears telling my mom how much i wanted that pin and a cast member in a black coat and a Disney Dreams black pull over bag looked at me and asked me what happend. I then noticed he was a Dream team member. I started kicking my mom under the table, to show her who she was and we both were getting so exited. After i told him what had happened, we talked for about 45 min and he then looked at me and asked me to explain the pin i needed and i told him and he put out his hand and he said liek this. And my mouth dropped to the floor, it was the pin i had looked for my whole trip. He truly made my day better and then took us to the rides and spent a bunch of time with us. It truly was a magical trip and a magical moment that i will never forget. :]]]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter