its nearly Christmas -a thread dedicated to the angst, the drama, & the joy!

I have begun my hunt for Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark - last year both DJ's and Target stocked it.

So far this year - nothing! Has anyone seen anyone stocking it?

Ironically, I saw it at Costco today. I've never seen of heard of it before so this is a weird coincidence. I nearly bought some but didn't. Is it good?

Ironically, I saw it at Costco today. I've never seen of heard of it before so this is a weird coincidence. I nearly bought some but didn't. Is it good?
:yay::yay::yay: Sending you the biggest virtual high-5 :yay::yay::yay::yay:
I just went to the Costco site to see if they had it listed as a special.

I love it - it has a dark chocolate base, then a layer of white chocolate with peppermint bits (similar to a crushed up candy cane) crushed through it.

Can I ask ow 'bulk' were they selling it?

Not to try and add Costco to my weekend plans.....

:yay::yay::yay: Sending you the biggest virtual high-5 :yay::yay::yay::yay:
I just went to the Costco site to see if they had it listed as a special.

I love it - it has a dark chocolate base, then a layer of white chocolate with peppermint bits (similar to a crushed up candy cane) crushed through it.

Can I ask ow 'bulk' were they selling it?

Not to try and add Costco to my weekend plans.....

Again, it's weird that I sort of know that answer to that :rotfl2:.

I think it was 590g and around $15 or so dollars. Although I was looking at Hilliers chocs after that so I may have confused myself.

I'll have to get myself some now, I had them in my hand and then just wasn't sure lol.

I think it was 590g and around $15 or so dollars. Although I was looking at Hilliers chocs after that so I may have confused myself.

I'll have to get myself some now, I had them in my hand and then just wasn't sure lol.

Thank you, I am sure you will find it when you are there at Christmas. I asked in April at the store in Downtown Disney (and searched Walmart and Target) just in case there was some left over Christmas stock - but no it is a seasonal product for them.
Ironically the Target in the city must have found a stash in June, as they had it on the clearance shelves, so we had some for Christmas in July.

I just bought some new Xmas tree lights from Myer-love the cliplock box they come in to keep them packed in. Our poor tree looked so undressed last year as I discovered a wee bit too late our old lights were broken. Could I find any for sale in a 20 mile radius? Everywhere had sold out except for some very long strands of external lights in battered boxes-and that was I think still 3 weeks or so before Xmas. Must have been all you November Xmas-tree putter-uppers hogging everything!!

I'm superstitious-I grew up with the tree and decorations having to go up 12 days before Xmas and coming down 12 days after to bring you good luck in the new year and so I now have the same obsession.

Are you sure you're not talking about me???? That's so me! I've even started decorating it again because I can't wait :) I even managed to sneak up some fairy lights this week on the window over my egg bunting; they're cute little angels that I got from Myer.

:rotfl:

My friend bought some pink flamingo's a couple of years ago for her daughter's 18th-she had an Alice in Wonderland theme. Think she got them from Bargain Plus or similar discount store..but it was when Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland was still the rage. Just thinking maybe others did the same and you'll find a few floating around now on Gumtree or Ebay or garage sales????

A friend of mine bought some pink flamingo's recently. I think they have them at KMart. I also have another friend who is a florist and she sells them in her store, outside her shop the garden is filled with them. I love them, want some.

I beg you to please take a picture and share it. As much as I love Christmas, I can't wait to get rid of all of the decorations once it's over. I need to see how you make a year round tree work.

Oh trust me, it doesn't work, :rotfl2: It just looks like an undecorated Christmas Tree! My tree is a 'real life" style tree though, the bristles are light and dark shades like a real tree would be, however it is clearly a fake tree! I have just called it a fake indoor plant, but everyone who comes in asks why I have the Christmas tree up. :rotfl2:

STOP! My mouth is watering big time! Oh being on a diet sucks, :rotfl:

$15.59 for 600g - you have a great memory! 50 squares in a bag, DJ's sells the small bags for about $12, so I am an a very happy shopper. Thanks again for posting back last night :grouphug:Christmas Bark is my new favourite Christmas treat (I would like to make it a 'tradition' but too worried I won't be able to buy it one year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter