its nearly Christmas -a thread dedicated to the angst, the drama, & the joy!

haven't seen them here in oz, but I would love to see your photos of trying to bring 2 (cant have them single) back on a flight.....so there is your new cunning plan for 2013....
or you could sponsor them thru immigration as 2 cuban refugees called flam and ingo...
here to help....:thumbsup2

australiankaren said:
haven't seen them here in oz, but I would love to see your photos of trying to bring 2 (cant have them single) back on a flight.....so there is your new cunning plan for 2013....
or you could sponsor them thru immigration as 2 cuban refugees called flam and ingo...
here to help....:thumbsup2

Hmm, ideas... It'll probably wind up becoming a future episode of border security or something :). I can always blame Jimmy Buffet for my moment of madness :). I really can picture myself I. The hammock on Christmas Day under the trees, surrounded by Santa-hat-wearing flamingos and drinking Captain Morgan spiced rum with lime and lemon squash. I'll be mentally preparing myself for Cozumel the following year :)

One of mine stays up all year and I pretend it's an indoor plant :)

I've already started decorating but it's unobtrusive so far...

I'm chasing some plastic flamingo lawn ornaments, does anyone know where I can buy some in Australia?

There is always ebay..... You can also get them sent from the US(get flocked) but of course the postage is very expensive about $50 but should you want to get together with half a dozen of your friends and family it will bring the postage cost down considerably :rotfl:

I don't really want to do eBay but I did some searching and found an Australian site called retro flamingo (I think) and might go with them. Then I looked on eBay and saw they have a shop front there. They're not exactly what I want but close enough. I'll give them a call tomorrow with my questions and decide from there :)

I don't really want to do eBay but I did some searching and found an Australian site called retro flamingo (I think) and might go with them. Then I looked on eBay and saw they have a shop front there. They're not exactly what I want but close enough. I'll give them a call tomorrow with my questions and decide from there :)

Not sure if you have seen this site:

http://www.vintageandretro.com.au/pink-lawn-flamingo-pair/

I would love a set of flamingos:)

so the first nasty emails from my Darling mother have arrived over the last week...followed by an angry email this morning from DH to DM calling her vial etc, you really can only poke the bear so many times before he turns.....I think I can smell christmas approaching...good god people....stick a fork in, i think i'm done:headache:

Hugs, Karen.

Here's to family. Not.

My DH always reminds me that it's the family that you make yourself is what matters most, not necessarily the one you're given.

australiankaren said:
so the first nasty emails from my Darling mother have arrived over the last week...followed by an angry email this morning from DH to DM calling her vial etc, you really can only poke the bear so many times before he turns.....I think I can smell christmas approaching...good god people....stick a fork in, i think i'm done:headache:

Sometimes I am thankful for my boring family!

Our air con at the office hasn't worked all week, I don't really mind, but it really reminds me of Christmas :lmao:

Balmy days with pedestal fans trying to move the air around :rotfl2:

Our air con at the office hasn't worked all week, I don't really mind, but it really reminds me of Christmas :lmao:

Balmy days with pedestal fans trying to move the air around :rotfl2:

nothing says christmas like a room full of BO :crowded:......yup! I think i read that on a hallmark card somewhere.....

i suggest you all toddle outside for a little breathe of fresh air..

She really must be a charmer!! :scared1: Now if you could work out how to bottle your flu bug and send it to her just before Christmas...:rolleyes:

nothing says christmas like a room full of BO :crowded:......yup! I think i read that on a hallmark card somewhere.....

i suggest you all toddle outside for a little breathe of fresh air..

DS had invited a mate home this afternoon...and it was sport day today...they are in the family room playing XBOx and I can't go in there without a gas mask. How can you stand working with crowds of teenage boys Karen! Permanent peg on the nose maybe?? :rotfl2:
Andona

She really must be a charmer!! :scared1: Now if you could work out how to bottle your flu bug and send it to her just before Christmas...:rolleyes:

DS had invited a mate home this afternoon...and it was sport day today...they are in the family room playing XBOx and I can't go in there without a gas mask. How can you stand working with crowds of teenage boys Karen! Permanent peg on the nose maybe?? :rotfl2:
Andona

true re mother...to know her is to love her:confused3 she got the looks, I got the "playing nicely with others" gene

as for little boy/big boy smell....I just glen 20 a lot and make comments on road kill and has something died in here, subtle I am not..the problem is yr 7 havent discovered deodorant yet, and yr 12 think you need to bathe in it......no middle ground:upsidedow

australiankaren said:
as for little boy/big boy smell....I just glen 20 a lot and make comments on road kill and has something died in here, subtle I am not..the problem is yr 7 havent discovered deodorant yet, and yr 12 think you need to bathe in it......no middle ground:upsidedow

Year 9? :roflol

I have a confession to make :rolleyes1

My Christmas Tree is still up.... from last year :duck:

It isn't decorated, I took those down in January, so technically it's a fake indoor plant :lmao: At Easter it was decorated with Easter decorations, so was an Easter tree, but at the moment, it's a fake indoor plant. :santa:

aussietravellers said:

It isn't decorated, I took those down in January, so technically it's a fake indoor plant :lmao: At Easter it was decorated with Easter decorations, so was an Easter tree, but at the moment, it's a fake indoor plant. :santa:

Are you sure you're not talking about me???? That's so me! I've even started decorating it again because I can't wait :) I even managed to sneak up some fairy lights this week on the window over my egg bunting; they're cute little angels that I got from Myer.

Oh family, can't live with them, can't kill them...

You win this one ;)

One of mine stays up all year and I pretend it's an indoor plant :)

I've already started decorating but it's unobtrusive so far...

I'm chasing some plastic flamingo lawn ornaments, does anyone know where I can buy some in Australia?

My friend bought some pink flamingo's a couple of years ago for her daughter's 18th-she had an Alice in Wonderland theme. Think she got them from Bargain Plus or similar discount store..but it was when Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland was still the rage. Just thinking maybe others did the same and you'll find a few floating around now on Gumtree or Ebay or garage sales????

Arrrgggghhhhhh, the joys of families. Sorry to hear the rot is already setting in Karen. But hey, you could do what I do and not talk to your family ;).

Nice that your DH gets in amongst it and sticks up for you. :)

Hugs, Karen.

Here's to family. Not.

My DH always reminds me that it's the family that you make yourself is what matters most, not necessarily the one you're given.

Amen to that.

Sometimes I am thankful for my boring family!

Yes you are very lucky Battymum

I beg you to please take a picture and share it. As much as I love Christmas, I can't wait to get rid of all of the decorations once it's over. I need to see how you make a year round tree work.

Are you sure you're not talking about me???? That's so me! I've even started decorating it again because I can't wait :) I even managed to sneak up some fairy lights this week on the window over my egg bunting; they're cute little angels that I got from Myer.

Same to you Marlea, please take a picture for me.

Oh family, can't live with them, can't kill them...

You win this one ;)

Well you could kill them, but that likely wouldn't end well either. Oh well, Christmas is approaching so fast, I'm sure it will all be over in the blink of an eye.

I have begun my hunt for Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark - last year both DJ's and Target stocked it.

So far this year - nothing! Has anyone seen anyone stocking it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter