It's a Small World with a Magical Kingdom -We are Home

Moving on from our plans we are now thinking about what we will do whilst in the parks. This update is about MK.

So we are thinking we’ll take it easy this day and not do commando just yet ;) We have our ADR at CRT for 8:10am so we’ll be in earlish to the park. CRT shouldn’t take too long from what I remember of last visit. DD1 will just love this hoping that DD2 likes it too but she is still a little small to take it all in.

Having probably been in the land of awake from around 5:00am (jet lag) we will be spritely in the morning :cheer2: but by the afternoon we will likely start to feel the effects of the journey :faint: Let’s look at our list of things we will definitely do, things we will maybe do and things we definitely won’t do.

Def Do’s
The Three Mountains, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Winnie The Pooh, Snow White, Philhar Magic, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Cinderella Golden Carousel, It’s a Small World, The Barnstomer, Donald’s Boat, Mickey & Minnie’s House, Toontown Hall of Fame, Buzz Lightyear, Main Street Electrical Parade (parade coming back from California first time since 2001), Summer Nights Spectacular Fireworks (last year in California Dumbo flew over the castle wonder if they will do this at WDW this year).

Maybe's
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Mad Tea Party, Aerial’s Grotto, The Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, Pixie Hollow, Monster’s Ink Laugh Floor, Astro Orbiter, Speedway, Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade.

Def Won’ts
Swiss Family Treehouse, Enchanted Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Tom Sawyer Island, Liberty Square Riverboat, Carousel of Progress, Stich’s Great Escape, Tomorrowland Transit Authority.

You’ll be thinking wow how are we going to managed all this today :confused3well this is all the MK things for all the times we visit MK, which will be spread out across our trip.

Our favourites in MK would be Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and Philhar Magic :thumbsup2Would be really interesting to hear abo ut people’s fav parts in MK. That’s all for now folks until next time ...........

Hoping that I do have some followers out there :sad1: and that I'm keeping your interested :surfweb:

Not had much time over the past few days to update PTR. We've been getting rather excited the past week or so checking our vacation films from the past. Had a blast from the past when we watched 1997, how young we we :banana::banana: Kids were not too chuffed as they couldn't understand why they were not in it. DD1 was getting rather upset when we tried to explain that she hadn't been born yet.

Will get back on the programme tomorrow :thumbsup2

How fun to watch old video's. My kids get so excited whenever we watch previous videos of Disney.

Let's see, are we only doing top 3 in the Magic Kingdom.

1.Splash mountain
2.Space Mountain
3. Peterpan

Top 3 out of all the parks

1. RNRC
2. EE
3. Soarin(all though I did get a little motion sick the last time)

and just for fun, here are my top 3 character meals.

1. Garden Grill
2. Crystal Palace
3. Chef Mickey

How fun to watch old video's. My kids get so excited whenever we watch previous videos of Disney.

Let's see, are we only doing top 3 in the Magic Kingdom.

1.Splash mountain
2.Space Mountain
3. Peterpan

Top 3 out of all the parks

1. RNRC
2. EE
3. Soarin(all though I did get a little motion sick the last time)

and just for fun, here are my top 3 character meals.

1. Garden Grill
2. Crystal Palace
3. Chef Mickey

Top 3 is a tough one :confused3 for us it would be more like top 33 :rotfl2:
for starts it would be
1. RNRC
2. EE, TOT, Soarin
3. Spash Mountain

Dare I say :eek: we do love the Hulk ride at IOA and Sheikra Busch Gardens.

Have to agree with your top three character meals. CRT is up there to but not for the food for the location and the experience. Chef Mickey was great for the kids and Crystal Palace at lunchtime fab:cool1:

So I’ve been neglecting our PTR so let’s get back with the programme. Last time we spoke about MK and our thoughts are now moving onto Epcot, AK and DHS. We have seen lots on the boards discussing Tour Guide Mike, haven’t read or seen this :confused3 so can only go on our experience of the Unofficial Guide to WDW.

First up is DHS. We have an ADR for 9:05am at Cafe May, Goofy’s Beachclub Bash so our day at DHS won’t be a rope drop or early entry. Haven’t done this before so as newbie’s we look forward to that. If anyone has done this before it would be good to hear your thoughts.

Def Do’s
TSM, RNRC, TOT, Playhouse Disney Live, Voyage of Little Mermaid, Star Tours, Muppets 3D, Great Movie Ride, Fantasmic, Light/Motors/Action Stuntshow.

Maybe’s
Beauty and the Beast, Magic of Disney Animation.

Def Won’ts
American Idol Attraction, Journey into Narnia, One Man’s Dream, Sounds Dangerous.

Fav’s have to be TSM, RNRC, TOT. We took DS on TSM last trip and he loved it. Only managed one ride so plenty to do this trip.

We’ve also got an ADR at Hollywood n Vine for the fantasmic dinner package, hoping that it does not rain :scared1: We have done this restaurant before and DS enjoyed it. He is a little older now and not really into Jo, Jo or Little Einsteins. He still watches Little Einsteins with DD1. DD1 and DD2 will probably enjoy this more.

Oh and we are planning a trip to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ. Not really sure how this will go as we have read both good and bad reviews on this. No photos this update but there will be more photos to come. Real reason is they are on the computer and I’m doing this on the laptop so need to transfer them. It’s just came to me that I have not mentioned we have an overnight stay in London prior to our flight to Orlando :yay: This came about due to the length of flight and having to get up at an unsightly hour. It is not really fair to them dragging them out of their beds at 4:00am to catch a 6:00am shuttle to London when we can fly down the night before and all be fresh for the long flight the next day :thumbsup2 I’m quite excited about reading all the PTR’s and TR’s where the kids have been surprised with flight packs to keep them entertained during the flight. The difficulty we have is that food cannot be taken on board unless bought in the departure lounge. So that would rule out nice treats being themed and put into the surprise packs for the kids but we will buy some treats before we board. This is where DSIL will have some great ideas :cheer2:

Next time photos, some more on dining and AK.............................................

Had a recap and missed out this section :drive:. Well we definatley be hiring one as we have our :beach:section for recharging in between our hotel change over. The plan is we are taking ME from the airport to POR. You'll have seen on day one we are going to MK early start :coffee: jet lag stuff and are collecting our car from swan & dolphin. We do not really have experience of the disney resport transport, would be great to hear your thoughts if you have used this? So have no idea whether we will actually get much use of a car during out POR stay :confused3.

We do know that during our DTD hilton stay we will be using the car to do some shopping :cheer2: This is a real fav with me. Not really a cool thing for the rest of the clan though :sad2: These do tend to be evening trips and mum dashes in whilst kids nap in car. This time though Gran and Grandad are on hand to do some pool visits whilst mum dashes to a mall :thumbsup2

So it's alamo collection at S&D return to MCO on 31st July. We are going for a 7 seater to help with the luggage back to the airport. Yes really will need that after my shopping trips :rolleyes1

Should be able to get some pics uploaded today and get these on later. Thought you would enjoy some pics of DHS last trip ...........................

Can't wait to see the pics. I am so glad you told me about Goofy's beachclub bash. I am definitely going to give it a try next time. I wish your trip would get here already so I could see some more pictures!!

So last time I promised some pictures so here goes. It's been a busy busy week and DIS time has been limited. Goodness when I go back to work in April I will need to be majorly organised :laundy: can't miss out on DIS time.

A mixture and not just DHS thought you would like these though.

DD1 meeting Donald Duck

2008_1023florida0293.jpg

We liked seeing the carriage in MK during MNSSHP

2008_1023florida0257.jpg

DS getting ready to do Mission Space with DH

2008_1023florida0300.jpg

That's all for now I'm afraid just a quick post ..............................

So last time we looked at DHS. Now it’s AK turn. We haven’t been to AK for a few years so looking forward to this visit. To be honest AK is not our fav park we always find it really hot and humid so hoping that the day we go dare I say it has some rain during the day :scared1:. However there is lots to see and kids really want to see the animals.

A wee snip from one of our previous trips. Maybe I mentioned this earlier on this ptr :confused3 :confused3Won’t do any harm to mention again :) We went on its tough to be a bug at 6:55pm just as the park was closing and we got to sit in the theatre on our own :cool1: What a strange experience being in Disney with all those people walking around and nobody wanted to go into the theatre on the way out :lmao:

Def Do’s
EE, It’s tough to be a bug, Dino Rama, Dinosaur, Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo The Musical, Safari, Jungle trek.

Maybe’s

Kali River Rapids, Tricertop Spin.

Def Won’ts
Boneyard.

Probably missed out some things here :eek:

This night me and DH have an ADR for California grill :woohoo: We have booked for 9:00pm with wishes being at 10:00pm so hopefully we will get a window seat. Never been to this restaurant before looking forward to this will be strange walking around the resort on our own without the children. They’ll be having lots of fun back at the hotel with Gran and Grandad, they are going to see Yee Ha Bob. We are doing a few firsts this trip – staying at POR, doing Mickey’s Backyard BBQ, eating in Plaza, Cafe May, California Grill, Akershus and Le Cellier all for the first time. Our stay at POR will be over the day after we have been to AK. I’ll hopefully be able to do a TR on our return so here’s hoping all our firsts have great things to report :surfweb:

Started on the kids flight packs today :banana: Bought some cute colouring books that are handy wee bag size for storing during journey to airport.

That’s all for this section, next time let's do some blethering on epcot :woohoo:

I can't believe your kids were not scared during it's tough to be a bug. Mine were terrified, and refuse to go back. I thought it was cute though. How lucky you are that you and your DH can have some alone time. Your plans sound great!

I can't believe your kids were not scared during it's tough to be a bug. Mine were terrified, and refuse to go back. I thought it was cute though. How lucky you are that you and your DH can have some alone time. Your plans sound great!

Truthfully only DS has been on it. DD1 was only little last time we visited AK. We did plan on going last trip however we needed a rest as we had jammed lots in to our trip and the kids were tired so a water park won. This time I doubt v much that DD1 will last the whole time in the theatre she def be :scared1:

It is nice to plan for your last few days of your vacation at this stage but it’s not so nice when you are actually on your vacation and it is your last few days :sad1: Epcot is during our last week but it’s a jam packed day. Don’t want to bore you again with our ADR’s, we are looking forward to sharing our kitchen sink in beaches n cream though :banana: Le Cellier is somewhere we have wanted to eat at before but haven’t managed to get an ADR but this time we did. DD2 won’t be joining us this day she’ll be staying with Gran and Grandad back at the hotel and meeting up with us for ice cream late in the day. Figured she might like some time out of the parks.

Def Do’s
TT, Soarin, Wonders of Life, Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Innovations

Maybe’s
The Land, Imagination.

Def Won’ts
Universe of Energy.

Then we’ll move onto the World Showcase where we are going to do kim possible with DS and DD1. We’ll prob not stay for illuminations as DD1 does not really like the noise of fireworks, depends on whether wishes went well for her or not :confused3

Been promising dining for a while so here goes :woohoo: Don’t you just love when your ADR window opens, all that planning ahead looking at where your want to dine, when you want to dine and how many ADRs you want to make and then the suspense of whether you are going to get an ADR or not. Got lots of ticks on that front this time. Only thing we had to alter was Mickey’s Backyard BBQ hadn’t realised this was restricted to certain days.

We never really experienced much of the disney dining experience our first few visits to WDW as we were too busy with getting to know the theme parks and navigating our way around Orlando. Now we feel we still have sooooo many options still to experience with disney dining as well as outside the parks. Here's a few wee snips from our last visit.

We ate at T Rex and thought it was okay food wise but didn't care too much about the noise. Very similar theme to Rainforest cafe. Sharing platters were on the menu this visit.

2008_1023florida0354.jpg

2008_1023florida0352.jpg

DH is a big fan of desserts. Since we have got the dining plan covered in our first 7 days this will be a big :thumbsup2

Key Lime Pie in TGI's

2008_1023florida0100.jpg

Dessert at CRT, can't remember what it was :confused3

2008_1023florida0225.jpg

Here's a pic of DS at test track last visit

2008_1023florida0302.jpg

That’s pretty much it for planning at the moment oh we’ve still to look at park strategies need to get some reading done for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter