It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times. updated 4/18. The end!

I m here Lorrie just don't always post. I can't believe how long your lunch took:confused3 I wanted to focus on the storytellers also but didn't due to the kids. I think Andy and I need to do a Disney trip alone but I know my grandson's won't like that.

I don't always post either but I start t worry that I'm boring.:rotfl2: I talk to 1 5 year old all day and they aren't always great conversationalists.

That lunch was horrible in terms of how long it took. They story tellers are fascinating but I can see how kids could find them boring. You should definitely try and do a trip alone. My grandson is 15 and still looks at me with a you aren't taking me sad face. He goes with me on some trip but I told him I like to do things alone too. He's due for another trip soon. Have to get one more in before he gets to old.

I have a 13 year old and a 5 year old. Sometimes just my daughter and I and the two boys go. They love it so much and I don't have the heart to leave them home. We are thinking of renting a house for a month next year so we would get a few days alone that year but who knows. I am enjoying our report and it was nice meeting you at the meet.

WOW 2 1/2 hours for lunch. With a 2 year old I am lucky if we can do a 30min meal. That is a very long time lol. Someday I would love to go there for that Sticky Toffee Pudding. It always looks so good when people post pictures.

I have a 13 year old and a 5 year old. Sometimes just my daughter and I and the two boys go. They love it so much and I don't have the heart to leave them home. We are thinking of renting a house for a month next year so we would get a few days alone that year but who knows. I am enjoying our report and it was nice meeting you at the meet.

My grandkids range in age from 5 to 15, I have 6 grandkids although next Monday I will have 7. My daughter is already planning the baby's 1st trip. I have trained her well. I do feel bad when I leave the kids behind. The youngest really wanted to come with us in December and I considered it but she has a brother and sister and that wouldn't be fair. They don't know I have something up my sleeve. I debated a lawyer for my ankle but now that I am facing a possible surgery I hired one. I plan on trying to take the whole family in a couple of years before Jay turns 18.

Thank you and I really enjoyed meeting you at the meet too. I wish we could have had more time to chat but it was a busy night.

WOW 2 1/2 hours for lunch. With a 2 year old I am lucky if we can do a 30min meal. That is a very long time lol. Someday I would love to go there for that Sticky Toffee Pudding. It always looks so good when people post pictures.

That was a long lunch and really threw my plans off. I understand the 2 year old. I have a nephew that age and he is a really good kid but no way he would last that long. I highly recommend the dessert. It really was very good.

Sorry I'm behind...a busy weekend (and we went to see a movie).

I can't believe by the light of day you saw the Carriage House. Isn't that always the way?

Wow...that was a lot of other park buses before your Epcot bus finally came. I would have told that woman she should have stayed at the Beach Club with us last summer and she would see how longgggggggggggggggggg she'd have to wait for a bus. :rotfl:

I don't like the new concept of Test Track either. You are brave doing Mission...I won't do it at all.

When we were at Epcot, the line for Maelstrom was 40 minutes...I guess that is why they put it in Tier 1? If rumors are correct, it will close soon enough to make way for the new ride.

2-1/2 hours for lunch? That is absolutely crazy. Mark LOVES that Scotch Egg and we are going back this year so he can get it again.

That whole line-up for the Candlelight Processional is ridiculous. They need to come up with a new way of doing it.

I think I know who your narrator is but I won't say anything. :)

Sorry I'm behind...a busy weekend (and we went to see a movie).

That's OK. I have no life and get paranoid that I have bored everyone to death. I need to go to the movies. I have seen nothing new in at least 6 months. I usually go alone. Jim snores loudly.

I can't believe by the light of day you saw the Carriage House. Isn't that always the way?

Scott and I were texting that night but I think I even had him confused. He kept telling me we were really close in the Grandstand section. We were.

Wow...that was a lot of other park buses before your Epcot bus finally came. I would have told that woman she should have stayed at the Beach Club with us last summer and she would see how longgggggggggggggggggg she'd have to wait for a bus. :rotfl:

I was amazed. I have had to wait on buses but usually because they are full. That woman did make the wait worth it.

I don't like the new concept of Test Track either. You are brave doing Mission...I won't do it at all.

I think my grandson will like TT. He likes computer games and this will be perfect for him. I am not doing Mission again. I honestly thought I was going to die. Green side isn't as bad but Jim will skip it. And I always worried about him with his high BP. He loves it.

When we were at Epcot, the line for Maelstrom was 40 minutes...I guess that is why they put it in Tier 1? If rumors are correct, it will close soon enough to make way for the new ride.

I have seen it long but the last couple of trips I had less than 15 minutes. What rumors? I didn't know they were thinking of a new ride. Not totally sure that I'll mind other than not getting the ride pics.

2-1/2 hours for lunch? That is absolutely crazy. Mark LOVES that Scotch Egg and we are going back this year so he can get it again.

Jim LOVED that Scotch Egg and has decided we must eat there again. Guess that means I'll get him to go back. I know that it's a TS restaurant and they did were completely booked because of the CP, but honestly they weren't really that crowded and that waiter as really beginning t annoy me. I was thirsty and wound up drinking Jim's Iced Tea. That the waiter came around and refilled immediately. Guess that's why Jim said he deserved a higher tip.

That whole line-up for the Candlelight Processional is ridiculous. They need to come up with a new way of doing it.

The lines were insane. I'm not sure many stand-by got in and I saw them lining up by 1. Crazy.

I think I know who your narrator is but I won't say anything. :)

You most likely do. :rotfl2: I figured I needed an enticement for people to keep reading.

I should have taken pictures while walking. I think we did all 18 holes on the golf course.
:rotfl2: that is funny and sad.

The food was good IMO anyway.
:thumbsup2

Thanks you know I like to take my pictures. Thankfully Jim doesn't care and neither does my other travel companion.
:thumbsup2 Jim seems so relaxed and to go with the flow.

That is terrible how long you waited. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus.
Nice pics on SE.
I dont blame you on not posting really blurry pics. I only post somewhat blurry pics. LOL
MMM, the Scotch Egg.
You are speeding through this. Isnt this the morning you came into the camera shop and we were there?
Great updates and pics.

:thumbsup2 Jim seems so relaxed and to go with the flow.

He does and it can be annoying at times.

That is terrible how long you waited. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus.

It was the only time we waited so it balanced out

Nice pics on SE.

Thanks I am working on my skills and I think I'm getting better.

I dont blame you on not posting really blurry pics. I only post somewhat blurry pics. LOL

:lmao:

MMM, the Scotch Egg.

:thumbsup2

You are speeding through this. Isnt this the morning you came into the camera shop and we were there?

I think I mentioned that but yes it is,
Great updates and pics.

Thanks you know that a trip to Disney me for me is all about the pics. And I love to share them.

This may be a picture heavy update. Just a warning.

We were in line and fairly far back to see the Candlelight Processional. That theater holds lot of people as we managed to get fairly close just a little to the side. I was so excited for this. I love Christmas and I love Christmas music. I was also a musician in a former life. OK technically I still am but many years ago I played cello and the violin and was in the choir and I still play guitar when I have time. I have also been in a bell choir so being so close to the musicians was a thrill for me too.

The trumpeters

percussion section

The choir

I loved the percussion section

Got a little artsy and a close up of the candles - it is a Candlelight show

And then our narrator - Neil Patrick Harris. I have loved him as an actor since he was Doogie Howser MD.

Music for two of the songs
Silent Night

and Joy to the World. I had to stop myself from singing as they are favorites

Some more NPH

more percussion and the choir

And with that the Christmas story was told in music and words. I found it to be a very moving experience. Neil Patrick Harris was wonderful and the 2 1/2 hour lunch was worth every second for this experience. Jim loved it too but I think he was secretly drumming along. He is a drummer and can't help himself.

Took this as we exited the theater and waited for the crowds to thin

I needed a bathroom break an knew that American Adventure had rest rooms. Took a pic of the tree there

Scott and party left but he gave us some FP's for Test Track. Jim and I were heading over there when we ran into Tracy and Bill. They were also at the
5 PM CP. We wound up chatting for awhile. Never did make it to TT but we didn't really mind.

What did we d0 next? Stay tuned.

I would have died to hear NPH at CP. I really hope that he is going to do it again this year and even more hope he is there when we are. There is just something so magical and wonderful about CP. Great picture of the ball and Christmas tree!

I would have died to hear NPH at CP. I really hope that he is going to do it again this year and even more hope he is there when we are. There is just something so magical and wonderful about CP. Great picture of the ball and Christmas tree!

He was really good and from what I heard one of the most popular narrators.

Thank you I have really been working on my photo taking skills and that is one of my favorites.

I may be busy for the next couple of days. I was blessed with my 7th grandchild - the 5th prince today. No name yet but a few pics

with his big brother

Congratulations! The new baby is adorable and so is the big brother. Enjoy them.

Thank you. They are both pretty handsome boys and the big brother was thrilled to have a baby brother. I am very blessed and do enjoy all 7 grandkids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter