Is this Grand Floridian DVC Villas??!!

Do the expiration dates in the documents on the OCC indicate a timeline for completion?

One shows June 30, 2013 the other shows December 31, 2013.

Thanks! I have added the latest Notice to the timeline.

By the way, did you notice that the Notice of Commencement filed yesterday uses an address of 4401 Floridian Way, Bay Lake, while the Notice filed on 8/02/2011 uses an address of 4501 Floridian Way, Bay Lake?

I did notice that.

It's interesting that the two different contractors have different addresses on their permits.

If it's accurate, Google Maps plots 4501 out near the Convention Center - staging area for Whiting-Turner maybe? - and 4401 as the main building at GF - possibly for room conversions by Buena Vista Construction? (Note: that's total speculation on my part - and maybe some wishful thinking! ;)).

A minimum we now know it will be a five story building based on the wedding planner info.

If it's accurate, Google Maps plots 4501 out near the Convention Center - staging area for Whiting-Turner maybe? - and 4401 as the main building at GF - possibly for room conversions by Buena Vista Construction? (Note: that's total speculation on my part - and maybe some wishful thinking! ;)).

Of course, it could be that Disney is just stringing new light bulbs on the roof of the Grand Floridian. Last time we were there we noticed several lights were burned out.

A minimum we now know it will be a five story building based on the wedding planner info.

In the last few weeks I've become a regular lurker on the disboard's Wedding & Honeymoon board. Count on the Disney brides to find out all sorts of useful information about the GF project.

By the way, today (8/11/2011) Disney filed a Notice of Commencement for room renovations at the All-Star Music Resort. The Notice actually states it is for "Room Renovation." I wish Disney was as direct on the Notices for the GF.

Of course, it could be that Disney is just stringing new light bulbs on the roof of the Grand Floridian. Last time we were there we noticed several lights were burned out.

In the last few weeks I've become a regular lurker on the disboard's Wedding & Honeymoon board. Count on the Disney brides to find out all sorts of useful information about the GF project.

By the way, today (8/11/2011) Disney filed a Notice of Commencement for room renovations at the All-Star Music Resort. The Notice actually states it is for "Room Renovation." I wish Disney was as direct on the Notices for the GF.

Actually by not saying what it is, pretty much tells you it is DVC.

Yesterday, 8/11/11, the South Florida Water Management District granted a Modification to an Environmental Resource Permit for Project 2011-1 which authorizes construction to begin. The documents and exhibits mention the deletion of a dry detention pond from the original plans.

Interestingly, the exhibit showing the parking area has calculations noting there will be 147 "keys" and that 1.3 parking spaces are required for each "key". it shows a total of 192 parking spaces for the project with 6 of those being handicap spaces. (The previously permitted 124 spaces for the wedding pavilion are also retained).

I am guessing that 147 keys means with all units locked off there would 147 total rooms? Does anyone know the definition of "keys" in this context and how many rooms, locked off or not, this would equate to?

Also, the expiration date for the completion of the construction phase for this permit is August 11, 2016.

Yesterday, 8/11/11, the South Florida Water Management District granted a Modification to an Environmental Resource Permit for Project 2011-1 which authorizes construction to begin. The documents and exhibits mention the deletion of a dry detention pond from the original plans.

Interestingly, the exhibit showing the parking area has calculations noting there will be 147 "keys" and that 1.3 parking spaces are required for each "key". it shows a total of 192 parking spaces for the project with 6 of those being handicap spaces. (The previously permitted 124 spaces for the wedding pavilion are also retained).

I am guessing that 147 keys means with all units locked off there would 147 total rooms? Does anyone know the definition of "keys" in this context and how many rooms, locked off or not, this would equate to?

Also, the expiration date for the completion of the construction phase for this permit is August 11, 2016.
I don't know the answer as asked. Generally Disney does not file info for lockoff's for the smaller components so my GUESS is that represents the number of whole villas permitted. One might go back and pull out the BLT info to compared.

I don't know the answer as asked. Generally Disney does not file info for lockoff's for the smaller components so my GUESS is that represents the number of whole villas permitted. One might go back and pull out the BLT info to compared.

I vaguely remembered some mention of keys for DVC and after some searching I found the reference. It is on the Park Info 2 Go site.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

There, it is used to represent the maximum number of rooms. In the case of BCV, the site mentions it has 282 keys - this is with all villas locked off.

However, this is not necessarily the definition DVC/DVD uses.

I'm inclined to agree with your guess Dean that Disney is referencing the whole units. It seems in almost all other instances, when they mention numbers of villas/rooms for DVC resorts when they are announced, they refer to them in terms of 2 bedroom equivalents which connotes whole units and not the separate locked off components.

Time will tell.;)

I am SOOO excited about this! I have no intention of buying points, as I'm sure it'll be double what I paid for those I already own, but I sure would like to use my lowly AKV points to stay for a romantic weekend with the hubby! Did a quickie blog post with the little info we have, so check it out in my siggie. I would be willing to guess that the 147 is 2-bedroom equivalents, so if you separated some of those that are lock-offs into studios and 1-br, the number would be higher.

Any word on when points will go on sale?

I don't think that we will buy any at GFV's, but before we add on, I would just like as much knowledge as possible.

Well,, it turns out the "147" that TSMIII noted on the SFWMD exhibit matches the number of Vacation Homes Disney announced for the Villas at Grand Floridian: 147!

When we looked at buying DVC in April 2009...I was so so so close to saying yes but, felt like I'd never be able to stay at the GF, due to the HUGE number of points it would take just to stay in a regular room for a couple of nights...so we didn't buy, then. At that time, I also said "if there was ever DVC at the GF...I'd be the first in line!" SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited it's now a reality! :cloud9: Where do we sign up???:surfweb:

I am so excited too! I'm just sitting here trying to guess how much it's going to be per point, how many points a 1 bedroom in Aug will cost, how many points will it be for Xmas, what the dues will be. I need to do something to pass the time until we can add on there! ;)

Neighborhood News

Welcome Home Brower Family,

Here are just a few of the stories waiting for you at DVCMember.com. Simply click the headline below to access the expanded information online.

Villas in the works for Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Disney Vacation Club has announced plans to build an estimated 147 villas as part of the previously announced expansion of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Estimated to open in late 2013 near Disney's Wedding Pavilion, the resort's slated to become the 12th Disney Vacation Club property.
You were right!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter