Is this Grand Floridian DVC Villas??!!

Personally, I don't think that they should add any more DVC villas to the MK area, especially not the GF. Isn't the GF supposed to be a place of elegance and luxury? I don't think it's meant to be a place where even more little kids and their families should be running around ruining the whole ambience of the resort.

PLUS, there are already BLT and the WLV. That's two in the MK area. Add in these and you've got three. Epcot has two, DTD has two, and AK has 2 (well, maybe 1 1/2). GF villas would also be sooooooooooo expensive.

IMO I hope it doesn't go through. I really don't want any GF villas. It'd ruin the GF for me.

I dont know about you, but I have been to the GF plenty of times and I see lots of Kids and Families.....doesn't bother me in the least.

I think thats a pretty slanted view IMHO.....

Is it just me, or does there seem to be many more instances where older threads are being surfaced by posters with very little post counts?

Laura

Is it just me, or does there seem to be many more instances where older threads are being surfaced by posters with very little post counts?

Laura

Perhaps it means they are using the search function? I frequently see complaints of people _not_ using the search function and I frequently see complaints of people resurrecting old threads. Can't have it both ways though. Choose your pet peeve. :thumbsup2

........ - why not build some DVC rooms right in World Showcase. Imagine waking up in Canada and skipping right over to Soarin or perhaps Mexico to Test Track.........Sounds crazy but with some Figment Imagination anything is possible.:)

I agree that many would find appealing being on the immediate edge of park or just within its boundaries if resulting direct access turns out to be significantly less distance to walk than present walk from BCV or BWV or BLT; but if the distance is equivalent to what these DVC resorts offer then it wouldn't make sense because they are already quite close and reasonable walk to park(s).

:)

Laura

Everyone on these boards has to start somewhere, right? :confused3: I like when the older threads are revisited and a set of new eyes are always good to have..they are and should always be welcomed! :thumbsup2

Laura

I would expect this to be a popular place for those looking for DVC information to come. I would also expect that GF-DVC is a popular topic in DVC land. So, i would believe that to make this a popular threadnthat anyone using the search function would fine.

And, hopefully someone will have some tidbits here and there for us.

Personally, I don't think that they should add any more DVC villas to the MK area, especially not the GF. Isn't the GF supposed to be a place of elegance and luxury? I don't think it's meant to be a place where even more little kids and their families should be running around ruining the whole ambience of the resort.

PLUS, there are already BLT and the WLV. That's two in the MK area. Add in these and you've got three. Epcot has two, DTD has two, and AK has 2 (well, maybe 1 1/2). GF villas would also be sooooooooooo expensive.

IMO I hope it doesn't go through. I really don't want any GF villas. It'd ruin the GF for me.

Um... maybe it's just me, but you're at *Disney World*, in the vicinity of arguably the most kid-friendly of the four parks. Of course the GF has a more upscale ambiance than the POP resorts or All-Stars, but it's not like it's an adults-only resort.

As to GFV, I think as long as they don't detract from the overall "feel" of the GF (think 10 story building), you probably won't even notice they're there. Why would that ruin the GF for you? Similarly, is the Beach Club resort ruined?

Personally, I'd rather own Polynesian DVC than GF but to each their own. Poly just has a special place in my heart since I've been staying there since my parents paid $37 a night! :eek:

Seriously? If Walt Disney were alive an read this I'd guarantee he'd disagree with your sentiments. As the other post said, this is WDW. If you want luxury and elegance without kids there's always Vegas.

You're kidding right?

I personally am not a fan of the DVC resorts added on after the fact. And yes I do think they affect the resort in a negative way.

For one thing, due to being an after thought, instead of a preplanned idea like BW villas was, the after thought DVC resorts never have the ideal location, they overcrowd the facilities, lobby, restaurants, etc. Because when those resorts were built WL, BC, Contemporary, and now GF they were built to accommidate a certain number of people.

I think if DVC is going to add on to exisiting resorts, they should have their own lobby and check in, additional counter service and full service restaurant just like adding an additional pool.

To me it's not about additional kids, as many DVCers travel without kids, but simply more people in general.

It's funny that I saw this post after talking to a friend that is down in Disney and just spoke to a DVC representative about becoming a member at SSR. The rep told them that if they wait a couple months a new DVC property is going to be announced. They couldn't say anymore just that there will be some type of notification in the next couple of months.

It's funny that I saw this post after talking to a friend that is down in Disney and just spoke to a DVC representative about becoming a member at SSR. The rep told them that if they wait a couple months a new DVC property is going to be announced. They couldn't say anymore just that there will be some type of notification in the next couple of months.

Oh goodness. I was hoping they would announce around bonus time. Guess I'll have to wait and see. We definitely plan on buying just not in a couple of months. I wonder when the best incentives will be offered?

I personally am not a fan of the DVC resorts added on after the fact. And yes I do think they affect the resort in a negative way.

For one thing, due to being an after thought, instead of a preplanned idea like BW villas was, the after thought DVC resorts never have the ideal location, they overcrowd the facilities, lobby, restaurants, etc. Because when those resorts were built WL, BC, Contemporary, and now GF they were built to accommidate a certain number of people.

I think if DVC is going to add on to exisiting resorts, they should have their own lobby and check in, additional counter service and full service restaurant just like adding an additional pool.

To me it's not about additional kids, as many DVCers travel without kids, but simply more people in general.
Can you really say the Contemporary has been a lot more busy with guests coming from Bay Lake Tower? I was surprised to find out that they actually have less rooms then what the old North Garden Wing building had. Plus even before it opened the Contemporary was always busy with guests going there just to eat at their restaurants or waiting for the Resort Monorail. Personally during my stays at the Contemporary since Bay Lake Tower opened I haven't noticed it being more crowded and etc.

I hope that's true :banana: We will be at the Beach Club in 5 days and plan on taking a trip over to The Grand Floridian to visit the future site of our next add on!:cool1:

Can you really say the Contemporary has been a lot more busy with guests coming from Bay Lake Tower? I was surprised to find out that they actually have less rooms then what the old North Garden Wing building had. Plus even before it opened the Contemporary was always busy with guests going there just to eat at their restaurants or waiting for the Resort Monorail. Personally during my stays at the Contemporary since Bay Lake Tower opened I haven't noticed it being more crowded and etc.

True except the villas hold more people than the North Tower did. I would agree that the Contemporary has probably been the least affective as they did remove a building instead of just adding on.

I agree with Sammie for the most part, BCV's I did not like because they were all separate from the main resort....to the point you had to go outside to get to the resort marketplaces, front desk and restaurants. Now, this was not a major issue to me, I like SSR and have to go outside all the time, but it was surprising to me when I stayed there and DVC rooms were definitely second class to the hotel rooms IMO.

The bigger issue is when an existing resort suddenly gets a "DVC" addition, they have a very difficult time adapting and there are lots of complaints because the employees know everything about CRO and nothing of DVC.

more evidence DVC is coming to the Grand Floridian?:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2678363&page=3

from Orlando Sentinel Aug 5, 2011
Disney to close Grand Floridian spa for 18 months
Walt Disney World is closing the spa at its most-expensive resort for 18 months as the company embarks on an expansion project at the hotel.

The spa the Grand Floridian hotel — one of only two full-service spas in Disney World — will shut down Sept. 19.

"We are in the early stages of an expansion project at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa," Disney spokesman Bryan Malenius said Friday. The spa will "temporarily close this fall as part of a planned renovation."

The Grand Floridian is considered one of the top spots to stay on Disney property. With nearly 900 rooms, the Victorian-themed hotel has standard room rates that begin at $440 a night.

Disney would not share details about the expansion project Friday, but there has been speculation the building to be constructed next to the spa will contain units to be sold by Disney Vacation Club, the company's time-share operation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter