Is Slinky Dog Dash similar to Barnstormer?

Queue was 1 hr 20 for SDD much better than Barnstormer more theming and has two mildish launches and a fun longer track. Ridden Seven dwarfs not worth the wait at all in my opinion as was up to 2 hours whilst I was there and wouldn’t queue for more than 30 mins for it.

We have a 14 and 17 year old and trying to decide if it's "worth it" to get a FP for Slinky Dog rather than a Toy Story. Kids love Toy Story ride. DD likes Mine Train, but DS doesn't and neither would do Barnstormer unless there was no line and sort of like a joke. Any thoughts? Not worried that we'd "miss" it bc it's new--we are more into slower rides if they're themed well (why they like Toy Story). Thanks!
It's longer and better than Barnstormer.

I watched the SDD POV online. Looks like a low key coaster for those that do not like coasters. In other words, it looks pretty tame. Certainly not on the level of Everest, RnR or even Space Mountain or even close. I didn't bother getting an FP for SDD. Got them for TSM, ToT and RnR instead. I can see SDD being fun for tweens or as said, those that want tamer coasters.

Slinky Dog is tame compared to Expedition Everest and Aerosmith RNRC. However, it isn’t anything like Barnstormer. It’s more intense, much longer, and more fun. I think your teens will really enjoy it. My suggestion? Grab FPs for Slinky Dog and then rope drop Midway Mania to get the best of both worlds. Or, grab a FP for Slinky and then you could more than likely snag a 4th FP for Midway Mania if you book your top 3 early enough in the day. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter