Is it possible to ask for a mini-fridge at the Pop? NOT a beverage cooler like what's in the room.

i was expecting to use the fridge to keep meds cold. The sign above says 41 degrees and above. Last year, I didn't think that the fridge was cold enough and the front desk kept my meds for me. Will they still do this? I only use the meds on Friday. If not, will the first aid center in the park keep it for me?
Thanks
Judy

OP, have you asked your question on the DISabilities board? Someone over there might have an answer or a direct contact for you.

Last edited:
Bring a couple gallon size zip lock bags and fill them with ice from the ice machine. Place them in the beverage cooler and replace the ice daily. This will keep your milk and medicines cold enough.

The refrigerator kept my daughter’s medicine cold the last time we stayed at the Pop Century. We’ve never had any problems with milk spoiling. In my experience, the Pop refrigerator is cooler than a “beverage cooler,” but it doesn’t get cold enough for ice to form on anything.

I don't know if there is any way to have it verified before your arrival, but you'll want to monitor to be sure the fridge actually gets cool. We had two rooms at CSR a little over a year ago. When we arrived neither fridge seemed particularly cool, but we loaded each hoping it might be because they were empty. The fridge in one room worked and chilled our drinks okay, the other did not work and they had to replace it, but it took some time to figure that out.

I would speak to the housekeepers when you get there. Tell them nicely you really need to have one of the other types of refrigerators for the shelves on the sides and show them why. Bring pictures to demonstrate if you must. I bet they will work hard to find one for you. It may take a day or two. OR they might move the beverage cooler if you ask them to. Remember to give them a good tip. I’ve found many of them to be really friendly and accommodating and they like to be able to help if they can. (Not all, but many.) Good luck, and enjoy your trip!

Just bring a soft cooler, fill it with ice and put it in the sink. Refill the ice every day by dumping in the shower or sink, and it will be colder than a fridge. If it leaks, it’s in the sink already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter