Is it me, or does Space 220 look a little underwhelming?

I agree that I would like to see folks here review the restaurant. I am VERY much a foodie, but my take on foods rarely seems to align with the Disney food bloggers POV. Most of what they find great ... I find to be too sugary or too just anything but delicious. I consider myself a fine dining enthusiast and pretty decent home cook so it's always a disappointment to read the concepts for the menus and have them fall so flat when push comes to shove. The photos of the food at Space 220 were underwhelming but perhaps they taste better than the preview food looked?

However, the newly released menu for the 50th at California Grill looks great.

Yeah, their 1st photos were awful...the 2nd were a little better, but in those, for the tuna app and chocolate cheesecake, all I could think was "yep, they can use a ring mold and they can temper and break chocolate, so they've watched Top Chef once":)...

We will wait for some real life feedback before making a decision on this. The menu does look rather uninspired, but if they execute it well it could still be great. And for that price it really needs to be great. For me, the real drawback is the location. There are so many wonderful options in Epcot that there really is no need pay that kind of money for a great meal. But then Space 220 was never going to be about the food. It's basically the space version of BOG or Cindy's. You're going for the experience, not the food.

Our plan for now is to try and hit up the lounge just to see inside. I imagine that will be tough to do initially, but hopefully once all the initial hoop-la runs its course we can try to get in that way. Though I showed the beer menu to my 23 year old beer snob son last night and his only comment was, "someone needs to be fired" :rotfl2: . Hey, he has his priorities!!
I know very little about craft brews but how boring …
Patina Group owns this right , based in California ?

DFB tweeted out a short video of the lobster roll from the lounge menu. It's, well, disappointing for $34 :sad2: .

Lobster Roll at Space 220

Somewhere people in Maine and Nova Scotia are falling down laughing.
Wow. You get more fries than lobster. I can get a lobster tail at a great steakhouse here in Atlanta for less. I know food prices are up everywhere but that’s just not worth it. Go enjoy food and wine booths instead!

DFB tweeted out a short video of the lobster roll from the lounge menu. It's, well, disappointing for $34 :sad2: .

Lobster Roll at Space 220

Somewhere people in Maine and Nova Scotia are falling down laughing.

I love how they fill the bottom of the lobster roll with chopped lettuce and then add a little lobster on top. 😏

apparently I need to “get with the system because that is the way Disney chooses to go” and need to self check myself in on MDE .

Unless they updated the app I could not self check-in to a single meal across my 10 dinners back in January. It would error out every single time and was frustrating to say the least because honestly I didn't want to talk to the hostess I just wanted to check-in, sit off away from people, and then have my name called to sit down.

I am bit late to the game here but I am not that impressed with the space windows. They look very animated and cheap CGI. Couldn't they have hired SpaceX or done one of those high altitude balloons to take some real videos of earth. The windows do not look convincing to me.

Just watched Deni's review and it looks amazing.
The food sounds good as well, but the video she had did not disappoint.
Still miffed that they opened the ADR's early and I missed out , so far. I still have a month, so maybe my luck will change.

I mean, it’s a restaurant, not a ride. I thought it’s good for what it is- a themed restaurant.

For the price it should be a ride to the actual moon.

True, so the food should be great in that case. People pay a ton of money to eat at some other restaurants, where they deem the food is just so good. If they want to charge a lot I feel like their food should reflect that.

Personally I have no interest in it, as I neither pay a super high food prices, don’t usually go to signatures, or eat at the highest priced restaurants, nor actually have an interest in it. I’m not even sure I could find anything I like.
Watching the video was good enough for me. I know what it is now.

I do plan to pay however for the almost just as high priced breakfast at Topolinos since that interests me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter