Is it me, or does Space 220 look a little underwhelming?

I swear some of y’all are never happy. People complain they don’t build new stuff, then they immediately complain because they don’t like the carpet and ceiling. Impossible to please.

I have to say that putting carpet in a restaurant is a really, really bad idea. And I have worked in food for decades. Some kids spills some milk on that carpet and you will never get the smell out.

Looks awesome. I don’t know why there is a need to be so negative based on a 25 second video

I agree, unless you studied the video in super-slow motion, I have no idea where some of the negative comments are coming from. Since it is not yet open to the public, clearly the guy making this video was given access by Disney and was wearing the safety garb you would expect at someplace still under construction. Is this next door to Test Track, seems to be from the map I looked at. Can't recall what ride used to be there or if this is a new structure. Instead of focusing on the seating/floor coverings, I will be more interested to see the menu/price once released since many comments imply a fixed price arrangement.

I agree, unless you studied the video in super-slow motion, I have no idea where some of the negative comments are coming from. Since it is not yet open to the public, clearly the guy making this video was given access by Disney and was wearing the safety garb you would expect at someplace still under construction. Is this next door to Test Track, seems to be from the map I looked at. Can't recall what ride used to be there or if this is a new structure. Instead of focusing on the seating/floor coverings, I will be more interested to see the menu/price once released since many comments imply a fixed price arrangement.
This right next to Mission: Space. they kept the theming consistent.

I’m hoping the experience will be great and draw from more than just the physical environment. To me it seems like what a space station cafeteria would look like.

Hoping the menu has an “elevated” astronaut ice cream! I loved that as a kid.

Concept art isn't a blueprint. I sure hope none of you went into the Epcot Experience exhibit in the Odyssey building. You are in for a rude awakening if so.

Disappointed it’s prix fixe as the initial concept seemed like it was going to be a pretty good menu. Not a fan of prix fixe as I like more than a few choices.
Not surprised as I suspect this restaurant will be very popular, at least initially. They don't want people taking up a table to just order a drink or dessert to see the inside of the restaurant, when they could fill the table with some body that gets a full meal. It all goes back to the BoG issues.

It’s a big place that will probably have some themed sound effects. I think maybe the only way to keep it from echoing like a school cafeteria is the carpet.

My DH turns into a 9 year old whenever science fiction topics are covered. We hoped this would be open by 2019 when we were there last.

Not surprised as I suspect this restaurant will be very popular, at least initially. They don't want people taking up a table to just order a drink or dessert to see the inside of the restaurant, when they could fill the table with some body that gets a full meal. It all goes
Not surprised as I suspect this restaurant will be very popular, at least initially. They don't want people taking up a table to just order a drink or dessert to see the inside of the restaurant, when they could fill the table with some body that gets a full meal. It all goes back to the BoG issues.
BOG lunch was disgusting in my opinion. No wonder people didn’t want
BOG lunch was disgusting in my opinion. No wonder people didn’t want a full meal.

Hey, maybe we get the Shrimp Casserole leftovers from Ohana rebranded as Earth Crust Surprise. I am guessing the food will be relief tube pate
My granddaughter said she didn’t want to eat there if they are having space food like the astronauts eat 😂.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter