Is it better to book an ADR for too many people or for too few?

MinMou

DIS Veteran
I am hoping to have a nice dinner one night with just my husband, and leave my son at one of the children's activity centers. But I am worried that he may decide he doesn't want to stay there.
I am debating whether to make the reservation for 3, in case he comes with us, or to be optimistic, and make for 2, and increase it to 3 if I have to.

I am hoping to have a nice dinner one night with just my husband, and leave my son at one of the children's activity centers. But I am worried that he may decide he doesn't want to stay there.
I am debating whether to make the reservation for 3, in case he comes with us, or to be optimistic, and make for 2, and increase it to 3 if I have to.
Reserve it for 3.

Always make the ADR for the maximum number of people who may be there. You can always show up to an ADR for three with just two people, but depending on the restaurant it could be difficult or impossible to add an extra person to the reservation.

If your party is smaller than the one booked, will they charge you a no show fee for the missing people? I have a similar issue ...not sure if 3 or 4 people, so I did 3 thinking that a table for three would be able to accommodate 4 and not wanting to be charged if the 4th was not able to make it. :confused3

If your party is smaller than the one booked, will they charge you a no show fee for the missing people? I have a similar issue ...not sure if 3 or 4 people, so I did 3 thinking that a table for three would be able to accommodate 4 and not wanting to be charged if the 4th was not able to make it. :confused3

Some of the restaurants have tables that seat 3 but not 4. They can't always add one more when you check in, if the restaurant is at capacity.

Try and see if you can change them to 4. It's based on how many people are in the restaurant due to fire laws. There are also tables for 3, so there is a chance you will only have room for 3.

I want to confirm that the only time you see the no show fee is if no one shows up. Book your ADR for the maximum number of people who may join you.

I woudl call to make your change as soon as possible. If you show uo with 4 and only have an ADR for 3 you may be faced with an unpleasant decision. DIsney CM's will do what they can to accommodate you and they are very often successful, but their ability to add people is not a certainty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter