Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

My window opened Sept 3. FoP was gone at 64 days out, Navi available, we got FoP at 68 days.

Bill From PA

My window opened this morning. I got on my app at 6am central and got FoP for day 67. I didn't try another day though. We had purposefully scheduled an AK day for the last day since the FP+ were so hard to get even at 60 days.

I made sure when making my FOP FP that I did that one first and I booked it for the 6th day of our trip. I was able to get a good morning time for it this way. :)

We just got back last week and the ride is awesome! :flower1:

Thinking of going to AK day 3 afternoon of our trip and also day 6. I know we won't likely get FoP FP for day 3, but that's Saturday before thanksgiving. The week is just going to get more more busy the closer we get to thanksgiving. I hate to completely avoid AK until the very end of our trip for that reason. Thinking we can do NRJ and check out Pandora and do a nice dinner at Boma. If we can sneak an afternoon ride on FoP with around a 90 minute wait, we would do it. Thoughts?

60 days out today. began at the end of the trip working forward. was able to get four for each member in our party fp fop for the last day of our trip in the a.m. and the second to last day in the p.m. But not any sooner on our trip. I heard np hopping on it at the end of the day, line moves quick later at night.

Does anyone know if you can have two people booking FP for one account at the same time on different devices?

I got FOP at 61 days out with no issues. Could get any time of day I wanted. Got it again for the end of our trip as well. I was the only one doing the booking for a party of 7. (We'll be there Oct 11-22)

I got FOP at 61 days out with no issues. Could get any time of day I wanted. Got it again for the end of our trip as well. I was the only one doing the booking for a party of 7. (We'll be there Oct 11-22)

Did you book it as a party of 7, or smaller parties?

Slightly weird experience today - expected to book my round two of FP+s tomorrow (7th September) as we check back in to WDW post cruise on 6th November.
Just happened to be faffing about with my older reservations at about 1.30pm UK time (an hour and a half after the window opens) and noticed my window had already opened up today!

Was able to get FoP FPs for days 59(?)+4 and +5.

So if you're expecting to book tomorrow, might be worth a look now to see whether you also have this luck!!

From what I can currently see, 11th November is the first date that still has FoP availability - plenty of it from lunchtime onwards...

Last edited:
We have a party of 4. Should I try for all 4 of us? Or should I split our party up? We would ideally like to ride together, but I don't know if we would have better luck when booking as a smaller party.

We have a party of 4. Should I try for all 4 of us? Or should I split our party up? We would ideally like to ride together, but I don't know if we would have better luck when booking as a smaller party.

What day are you doing AK on your trip? Will you be booking 65 days out or more? I think you should be fine booking 4 people all together. I was able to book 11 people all at once For the 5th day of our trip.

What day are you doing AK on your trip? Will you be booking 65 days out or more? I think you should be fine booking 4 people all together. I was able to book 11 people all at once For the 5th day of our trip.

So we are going Feb 27-March 4, but aren't doing a park day on Feb 27 when we get there or March 4 when we leave. We are on a tight budget so our trip needed to be short. We have two different options for AK. It will either be 60+2 or 60+3. I doubt we will be able to get FPs for FOP, but we are going to try. We could do 60+4 for AK, but we don't want to because that is the only day we can eat at Royal Table in MK due to refurbishments.

Considering yourself very lucky. Have a great time.

FP Day for our Jersey week trip was the most frustrating ever........o_O Because we're going with family we had to account for different priorities, which is fine but tiers in Epcot/HS/AK really beats that up. FOP was gone before we even started. For my wife and I not the end of the world............we'll do it on our way home (last day) since we're AP. However our family it isn't gonna happen.........which makes me sad. What I thought was a good plan was pretty much destroyed by the expected (yes I expect it) crowds during our trip. Well not much you can do about it. We got about 90% of what we wanted..........in about 50% of the times we hoped for. Ah.....it is what it is.............I'm a believer in the fact that YOU can make your trip amazing and YOU can destroy your trip too..............so we won't be hanging on what we'll miss...........we'll enjoy what we've got! Right :-)

.........and I'll be stalking FP looking to modify our times to make things more efficient 8-)

Doug :goofy:

I'm planning for the second week in April 2018 - it's a 5-night trip and we're doing 3 park days. Was thinking to do AK on day 3, but could switch that to day 5 (our last full day). Do you think day 5 vs day 3 will make a big difference in terms of being able to get a FoP FP, or are we a goner in either scenario?:rotfl:We are a party of 3 staying on-site.

So we are going Feb 27-March 4, but aren't doing a park day on Feb 27 when we get there or March 4 when we leave. We are on a tight budget so our trip needed to be short. We have two different options for AK. It will either be 60+2 or 60+3. I doubt we will be able to get FPs for FOP, but we are going to try. We could do 60+4 for AK, but we don't want to because that is the only day we can eat at Royal Table in MK due to refurbishments.

I think you may be okay with your 60+3 day for 4 people - the options just may be later during the day and no morning ones available. I would definitely try for 4 people first and if nothing is available, you can always try 2 and 2. Good luck!!

I'm planning for the second week in April 2018 - it's a 5-night trip and we're doing 3 park days. Was thinking to do AK on day 3, but could switch that to day 5 (our last full day). Do you think day 5 vs day 3 will make a big difference in terms of being able to get a FoP FP, or are we a goner in either scenario?:rotfl:We are a party of 3 staying on-site.

I'd go for day 5 first. You shouldn't have a problem getting them.

I was shocked that not only did we get 4 FP+ for day 64 of our Jersey Week trip, but there was plenty of availability the rest of the day (for our day 64) and the next day (I kept checking to see if I could change our time).

I think you may be okay with your 60+3 day for 4 people - the options just may be later during the day and no morning ones available. I would definitely try for 4 people first and if nothing is available, you can always try 2 and 2. Good luck!!

We'll take any time of day, not picky at all. We'll try 60+3 first for 4 people and see how it goes! If it doesn't work and I can't get any we will just wait and ride it during the afternoon or at night. We want to rope drop to Africa instead of pandora.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter