Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

I was only able to get them at 65 days for a party of 4 and even then my time choices were limited to after 1:00 PM. I'm glad I at least got some though. We are also going to AK on our arrival day and I wasn't able to get FPs for FOP so we will try to ride it close to park closing.

Our dates are 11/1-11/7. I just booked this morning right at 7am. I was able to get 4 overlapping FP for day 60+3 Saturday the 4th 6pm and later. My suggestion is to immediately try for one at a time.
I didn't try for any other days.

11/1-11/10 trip. FP opened today and I started booking around 7:20 EST. No availability on 11/2-11/5 for 4 people but got FOP on the morning of both 11/9 and 11/10 which is like days 69 and 70? Didn't try to book 11/6-11/8 because we'll be at Universal 11/6-11/7 and not going to AK 11/8.

does anyone think a crowd prediction level of a 3 changes this? hahaha. I didn't even think about this when it comes to when we placed our day for AK. AK for us is day 3 after check in....we have flexibility to change to day 5 if necessary but then we have to cancel a dining reservation we want at HS. :( LOL

And I will take a fp time of anytime of day - even 7pm!

does anyone think a crowd prediction level of a 3 changes this? hahaha. I didn't even think about this when it comes to when we placed our day for AK. AK for us is day 3 after check in....we have flexibility to change to day 5 if necessary but then we have to cancel a dining reservation we want at HS. :( LOL

And I will take a fp time of anytime of day - even 7pm!

I'm not sure if crowd prediction makes a difference. I think people are just making FOP fp's for multiple days, because it's easy to switch their fp's to something else closer to their trip, but nearly impossible to get a FOP fp once you're beyond the 60 day mark.

We are going 10/28 -11/4. Tried at the 60 day to get FoP for 10/30, 10/31 and 11/3. Only got an afternoon for 11/3.

Our FP window opened today for our Nov 2-6 trip. Earliest I could get was 60+5, Nov 6 at 1:45PM for 5 people. Didn't get anything better if I tried booking overlapping single FPs.

My window opens tomorrow... and I'm nervous after reading this thread! We have an 8 day stay, so hoping I'll get something.

Can DH sign into my DME account at the same time (on different device) as me to try to get FP for a different day?

Is it best to start with my last day and work backwards, or should I start with my preferred days (at 60+2 and 60+5)?

Finally, should I break up my party of 6 for all searches, or try for 6 first?

Advice appreciated!

My window opens tomorrow... and I'm nervous after reading this thread! We have an 8 day stay, so hoping I'll get something.

Can DH sign into my DME account at the same time (on different device) as me to try to get FP for a different day?

Is it best to start with my last day and work backwards, or should I start with my preferred days (at 60+2 and 60+5)?

Advice appreciated!
All I can tell you is my experience yesterday. Started looking on day 2 of our stay for a FP for 4 people and didn't find anything day 2 or 3 so went to the last day of our stay (day 10) and there was a good bit of availability for days 9 and 10.

I have a dumb question .... how do you keep checking back, if you already have 3 fast passes for the day?
It's not showing me availability, because we already fast passes for that time.

I have a dumb question .... how do you keep checking back, if you already have 3 fast passes for the day?
It's not showing me availability, because we already fast passes for that time.

You have to go in to modify one of your existing FPs. If you already have NRJ booked, that has to be the one to modify since it's also a tier one and you can only book one of those. As long as you don't accept any changes, you can keep looking for other options as often as you want and still keep the FP you have.

All I can tell you is my experience yesterday. Started looking on day 2 of our stay for a FP for 4 people and didn't find anything day 2 or 3 so went to the last day of our stay (day 10) and there was a good bit of availability for days 9 and 10.
Thank you!

I just posted this on another thread...

Just a tip- when I tried to book my FP at 60 days there was nothing for the day I had hoped to go to AK. A few weeks later when they added the later hours to the AK evenings for October they also added FP for those nights. They opened up on a Saturday morning and I was able to get 4 FP for two different evenings. So if your trip is in November or December watch for those hours to be extended. It took a while for all of those FP to get snatched up and there was availability pretty much all through that day until sometime Saturday evening.

Advice appreciated!

60+2 isn't looking good- I mean you could get lucky; but definitely try one at a time first. If you see nothing after refreshing 2-3 times then move onto 60+5. I'd probably use 2 devices searching one at a time.

I just posted this on another thread...

Just a tip- when I tried to book my FP at 60 days there was nothing for the day I had hoped to go to AK. A few weeks later when they added the later hours to the AK evenings for October they also added FP for those nights. They opened up on a Saturday morning and I was able to get 4 FP for two different evenings. So if your trip is in November or December watch for those hours to be extended. It took a while for all of those FP to get snatched up and there was availability pretty much all through that day until sometime Saturday evening.

This is exactly how we were able to get our FPs.
Initially, we couldn't any for 10/18-10/24. Not one.
We were on at 7am sharp on our 60 day mark, with 3 people on 1 computer and 2 iPads. Nothing.

Then a poster here on the forum started a thread a week or so later about how they just added more FP times due to the added hours at AK in October.
Went on MDE and was able to add FPs for 7 people on our arrival day at 6:05pm, and then also for our main AK day (60+5) for 7 people at 6:35pm.
We need to figure out the latter because we have Tusker House at 6:40 that day. Not sure we'd be able to make the dinner in time.

I am hoping for FOP for our party of 8 for day 5 of our trip AND I would like mid to late afternoon. Should I just look for 4 & 4 to begin with?

I am hoping for FOP for our party of 8 for day 5 of our trip AND I would like mid to late afternoon. Should I just look for 4 & 4 to begin with?

We have a party of 7 and that's how we looked for them (forgot to mention that)
We searched for 4 and 3.

Our trip isn't until the last week of Feb/first week of March 2018 so I have a while to wait, but I do have a question that I haven't seen asked yet. Since you have to spend so much time trying to get a FP for FOP, does that mean it's harder to get a FP for Seven Dwarves? I'm just wondering if spending all of that time makes it harder to get other rides at different parks on different days. Hopefully this makes sense.

Also, can two people book on one account at a time? Or will it only let one person book FPs at a time?

Last edited:

Advice appreciated!
I have always gotten harder-to-get FPs (mine train, frozen, FoP when they each opened) by starting with the latest day of the trip that might work with our current plans and then work my way back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter