• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is everything normal in your neck of the woods?

Eastern Shore of MD here - no noticeable differences at moment. Was at the Costco in Northern DE Saturday, plenty of TP in stock (admittedly, didn't check the Clorox or Lysol situation) - but the Liquor store area of Costco was CRAZY - worse than just before Christmas or Thanksgiving!
But - I'm flying tomorrow so I'm very interested in what the two airports (BWI & LAS) will be like.

Same here (in NE Ohio as well) - I just ran out at lunchtime to pick up a couple things at Target (non cleaning supply related ;) ) and the entrance was full with TP and bottled water. :rotfl2:

Another person from NE Ohio here (sure are a lot of us). I'm hearing chatter around schools and spring break travels, otherwise people are going about their days. I'm sure that will change once we have confirmed cases. My wife's work is preparing to work from home and has suspended international travel. They are also asking about people's personal travels domestically.

On a side note, I get the TP thing, but are people afraid water supplies will be shut off?

Pretty normal in Southern Maine and Western Massachusetts. Went out to dinner Friday and Sunday night and both restaurants were packed with elderly and the young alike. My 3 elderly aunts are all retired nurses. None of them are too worried and they said they are not going to allow C-19 to keep them from enjoying their lives. Que sera, sera.

Nephew had an indoor LAX game Sat night and an outdoor tournament Sun afternoon, all well attended.

Only thing of note...my cousin's 13 year old daughter commutes to a local boarding school. They are on spring break for the next 2 weeks and the school is keeping the many International students on campus instead of having them go home. They have a lot of activities planned for them (things like lazer tag, movies, the mall...).

It was nice weather this weekend and you can tell people definitely have spring fever. Lots of people out and about.

Last edited:
Business as usual in Newport News, VA.

I did want to add. I work in Williamsburg and this weekend, Sunday ,Busch Gardens will be open so I am anxious to see how busy it will be in regards to tourist visiting here.

And how Coronavirus may affect Spring break and rest of tourist season here.

Last edited:

NYC pretty normal. But then again we’re pretty blasé about everything.
NYC also here. A friend who works Bway shows says that attendance is down and people are getting concerned about shows closing. I personally am not thrilled about the idea of getting on public transit. Fortunately I work at home and DH walks to work.

Hand sanitizer and face masks are impossible to find here. As of yesterday. I don't check every day!

NYC also here. A friend who works Bway shows says that attendance is down and people are getting concerned about shows closing. I personally am not thrilled about the idea of getting on public transit. Fortunately I work at home and DH walks to work.

Hand sanitizer and face masks are impossible to find here. As of yesterday. I don't check every day!
I'm going on a private chartered bus trip from Massachusetts to NYC to see Wicked coming up end of the month. Getting curious if that trip will be affected.

Bay area resident here also. Besides the lighter traffic and there not being any hand sanitizer everything else seems pretty normal to me. I went to target early morning yesterday to get things i actually need they had ton of tp but no hand sanitizer. They did have wet ones. I already had clorox wipes and always have hand soap and sanitizer so i don't really need any but would like to get extra one just to carry for events DD attends but oh well. Ill just carry the little ones.

There are people at malls, restaurants and almost everywhere else. Lighter crowds but still pretty usual. There are a few schools closed in the bay but none in my area yet.

Southeastern Massachusetts -

Stores are out of travel packs of hand sanitizer wipes, and the little bottles, but the regular plastic tubes of cleaning wipes are still in stock, as are TP, paper towels, etc.

DH and I went to an early movie yesterday afternoon, and there weren't too many people (but I think that had far more to do with location and time than anything else). We went to dinner after, and the restaurant was full of people of all ages.

I stopped briefly at CVS and the grocery store on my way home from work, and neither were busy at all - to the point that I did actually notice.

Just went to Costco and they had a sign up saying there is a limit of 2 per member per day when purchasing any toilet paper, paper towel, disinfecting products, wipes of any kind, and plain bottled water items.

I’m in the Denver area and things seem normal. Low stock on TP, Clorox, ibuprofen, as others are reporting, but not fully gone from most places. First confirmed case here was last week. I just have to chuckle at my current situation. I was off work and a full-time online student for the past ten months. I just started a contract gig downtown and I’m now taking public transit each day because I am provided a free transit pass and it is so much better than driving! So, yeah. I’m suddenly around people again. This morning tons of teams were heading into the downtown Convention Center for a huge volleyball tournament. Just streaming out of the hotels all at once. We went to our favorite outdoor outlet center on Saturday, with summer-like weather, and it was just as full as normal. I heard yesterday that my son’s middle school cancelled the 8th grade DC trip that was supposed to happen next week. I bet the school district cannot wait for spring break next week so they have time without students to plan their response!

Berlin, Germany here. Despite the numbers growing, life goes on pretty normally - just a few HR emails reminding us to keep distance and wash our hands. TP is running low in most of the city since last week, but that's probably the only visible sign. My parents live in Italy tho, and well, that's a whole different story.

We have a few confirmed cases here in Portland, OR. We flew from here to Santa Barbara, CA and back last week and it was life as usual in both places. On both planes and in the airports we saw exactly one person wearing a face mask. It was almost like a show in the ladies rooms, though, with everyone vigorously washing their hands!

Well, the new thing I can’t buy at Target is my kid’s favorite orange juice. The options are suspiciously limited.

A few days ago we were at the Apple Store and one employee was wearing sterile gloves and another employee stepped backwards in an exaggerated manner when my husband, standing at a very respectable and socially acceptable distance, went over to ask her a question. He didn’t look even a little bit sick either. It was weird. That was back when there was only a handful of confirmed cases.

Ohio just twitted that we have 3 positive cases. I can't find where they are located at. I wonder how this will change things in out area.

Edit to add: All 3 in Cuyahoga County.

Last edited:
Ohio just twitted that we have 3 positive cases. I can't find where they are located at. I wonder how this will change things in out area.

Edit to add: All 3 in Cuyahoga County.

Governor DeWine has declared a state of emergency...

In central Kentucky, 2 confirmed cases in the state as of this morning. At Wal-Mart and Kroger this weekend, plenty of TP , no Clorox wipes though. Ran to Sam's Club yesterday, no TP anywhere there. I really didn't pay attention to the hand sanitizer or meds. Went to dinner last night, several people out.

Everyone at work today, no one seems overly worried. We have drivers that sometime have to enter a customer's home, 1 of them brought up today that he may not feel comfortable doing that due to the virus, not sure how that differs from going anywhere else, just my opinion.

Neighboring state of IN has a case of a student at an elementary school and they are closing the school for 2 weeks, that's about as close to unusual as I've seen around here.

Cental PA- Hershey here. Everything is normal. Local grocery stores are fully stocked on everything- no overkill or hoarding going on. Schools and businesses are running as normal. No confirmed cases near us.

Also Central PA Normal here, just checked with DH since he did a normal Walmart run today, and he didn't notice any bare shelves or anything.

My prediction is that it will be about 2 weeks before the public grade/jr/high schools in the area go online only as well.
Quoting myself but I might be off by two weeks.

One metro county has cancelled school tomorrow while they decide what to do now that a teacher has been diagnosed with COVID-19.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter