Is everything normal in your neck of the woods?

People are hoarding toilet paper in my small corner of Nova Scotia. I don't get it.

Most stores are out of hand sanitizer, lysol/chlorox wipes and rubbing alcohol (people making their own hand sanitizer?) and the stores that do have stock are limiting purchases to two per person.

I live just north of Atlanta and there are confirmed cases in the counties east and south of my house. I guess the biggest diversion from normality is that my kids' school has canceled the 8th grade capstone trip to Spain later this month and the 7th grade trip to Washington DC this week. The 4th & 5th grade overnight trips scheduled for next week are being discussed as to if they will be canceled or if the kids will go (both are to camps with other schools, but are bus trips to more remote locations).

Here in CT panic over supplies like most places. Schools just sent out "how to wash hands" info to parents. I found it rather funny since they don't have many sinks in the schools and the kids literally make there hands raw from hand sanitizer.

Definitely can see a difference in the Bay area. Traffic is lighter as a lot of tech companies are allowing wfh and employees are taking advantage where possible. Hand sanitizer is difficult to impossible to find, as are masks (signs in my Lowes right when you go in that they don't have masks). Delivery times for groceries are less plentiful, and my last delivery came way past the window, which is strange as they are usually delivered early in the delivery window. I was able to find TP on Saturday morning but the shelves were very sparse where I checked.

I loaded up on supplies a couple weeks ago, before I had to travel for a week, as I didn't want to come back to empty shelves. We ate out Saturday night but went really early so I wasn't surprised that the restaurant was empty, not sure what it is like at more normal eating times.

Western MD here, and so far everything is normal. Walmart was low on bleach, sanitizer and water, but everything else seemed to be stocked as normal.

I'm in South Jersey. We have one confirmed case in Cherry Hill and I live in a neighboring town.

Business as usual so far. Went to the mall on my lunch and everything was normal.

I suspect our schools will be closed very soon. They just sent out an email a few minutes ago letting us know the plan IF administrators decide to close schools which includes online learning. They are also disinfecting and having meetings telling kids not share water bottles, wash hands, etc.

I live in Nebraska. Woman traveled overseas and noticed symptoms while on the trip. Came back and came in contact with hundreds of people (what they're saying) before getting tested so now they're trying to find those who came in contact with her. I feel like it's only a matter of time until I get it.

Pretty normal here in Central Massachusetts. Some schools closed for cleaning etc, and cases are on the rise I guess. But I just went food shopping and did a Walmart run and things were normal. Only thing not available was hand sanitizer. Plenty of Lysol, Wipes, Spray, Bleach, etc..

Not normal here. Store shelves are empty of toilet paper, wet ones, wipes, bleach, cleaning products. My daughter’s swim team is no longer visiting the weight room. Schools have asked people to quarantine after travel where indicated. Church is not having wine from the chalice or shaking hands. Tom Hortons cancelled its Roll Up The Rim promotion due to hygiene.

Wish I could be reading that it’s not business as usual. Things need a shake up to harness this virus.

My SO did go to pick up Clorox and TP at Walmart on Saturday (because I actually had to wash white clothes and no one told me they used the last bit of Clorox) and he said they were almost completely out of Clorox (TP was fine) and that Walmart was a complete madhouse. He usually doesn't notice the craziness of stores so for him to say it was crazy...it must've been pretty bad.

But I don't know if that means much. He went to the Walmart in a lower cost of living area and it is tax return time and it was the beginning of the month when a lot of people get their EBT cards reloaded and their social security deposits.

Not normal here. Store shelves are empty of toilet paper, wet ones, wipes, bleach, cleaning products. My daughter’s swim team is no longer visiting the weight room. Schools have asked people to quarantine after travel where indicated. Church is not having wine from the chalice or shaking hands. Tom Hortons cancelled its Roll Up The Rim promotion due to hygiene.

Wish I could be reading that it’s not business as usual. Things need a shake up to harness this virus.

Where are you? Crazy how we have a bunch of cases in the state and there are plenty of supplies and other states have none left.

I am in Northeast Ohio. Everything is pretty normal here. Hand sanitizer is out everywhere but nothing else. We do not have any cases yet but they are really not testing here yet.
I am also in NE Ohio and I agree, other than purell and rubbing alcohol, everything else is stocked. I had to run to Sam's Club this morning for work supplies and I noticed the TP is running low and I saw lots of people with cases of water in their carts.

My daughter is leaving on a school trip to Chicago next Thursday and fingers crossed all goes as planned. We haven't heard anything about cancellations so here's hoping! Our girls basketball team just made it to states so school is closed on Friday to give students the opportunity to go and support them. Lots of schools from all over the state will be there (in Columbus, our capitol), so who knows how that will play out.

Came home from a weekend of camping and learned that there is a confirmed case here in Memphis, TN. I work in student services at a university and our office has been discussing what we would do in the event that the university closes. My boss is of the mindset that we are to work remotely offering skype and phone appointments to students. Ummm...if this coincides with any school closures than that will not happen with 4 noisy kids at home.

Florida here right next to the mouse. I haven’t noticed any difference. We went to Hollywood Studios on Sunday and it was very busy. Although I have seen online that Disney has been adding hand sanitizers in various places, I didn’t see any in my travels Sunday.

I'm also in the Bay Area and there are definitely fewer people at work. I am on the campus of a large, private university in Palo Alto (figure it out) and the onsite hospital has several cases being treated. We also had a medical faculty member diagnosed last week. All in-person classes are now online/from home for the next couple of weeks. I could probably work at home if I wanted to, but I'm really not concerned about it. Another division on the floor of my building told their administrative staff to work from home so their offices are empty. MY husband's company told him to work at home this week as have many other tech companies in the area.

I am in Northeast Ohio. Everything is pretty normal here. Hand sanitizer is out everywhere but nothing else. We do not have any cases yet but they are really not testing here yet.

Same here (in NE Ohio as well) - I just ran out at lunchtime to pick up a couple things at Target (non cleaning supply related ;) ) and the entrance was full with TP and bottled water. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter