Is anyone else worried about opening up again

I want to open things too but very slowly with physical distancing the new normal til there is a treatment or herd immunity.

I don’t know and I dont care. I worry about getting laid off since we’re losing about 600 million a month because our hospitals are empty. I worry about my husbands employer going bankrupt, but no I don’t worry about the people I’m taking care of covid status.
Possibly you use normal infection protocols and realize the very small risk in your field. I may be wrong...just guessing.
I think, in order for businesses to open, schools or day care centers also have to open. Where are the kids going to go? I started a thread on this because it's something that isn't really being talked about.
Aren't daycares considered to be essential? At least for essential workers? I believe they will evolve as rules relax for non essential...just a wild guess.

Practitioners use Universal Precautions. Idk if at that point (Oct) they'll be using more than that other than maybe a mask in addition to gloves. But that remains to be seen.

If you're worried about catching something from someone you see, then you can always protect yourself with your own PPE. But honestly unless you're in a room with someone for a long period of time and/or they cough or sneeze on you, the likelihood of your catching anything is extremely low, especially if you have a mask on, don't touch your face, and cleanse your hands when you leave.

Possibly you use normal infection protocols and realize the very small risk in your field. I may be wrong...just guessing.

Aren't daycares considered to be essential? At least for essential workers? I believe they will evolve as rules relax for non essential...just a wild guess.

They are in several states not sure about all.

Here they are considered essential and can stay open or could. I imagine some have closed as I am sure their numbers have greatly reduced in some areas.

Practitioners use Universal Precautions. Idk if at that point (Oct) they'll be using more than that other than maybe a mask in addition to gloves. But that remains to be seen.

If you're worried about catching something from someone you see, then you can always protect yourself with your own PPE. But honestly unless you're in a room with someone for a long period of time and/or they cough or sneeze on you, the likelihood of your catching anything is extremely low, especially if you have a mask on, don't touch your face, and cleanse your hands when you leave.
Have they changed dramatically? I don't think so.. not really. Even though we've all (mostly or at least some) had our moments to doubt ourselves recently. Panic and fear are very powerful weapons.

Yes that's how it was formulated in our area too.

So I'm guessing that as phased openings occur the employees that previously weren't allowed to work that will now be allowed to work will, if needed, able to place their children in daycares. I don't believe the counties in my area are suggesting leaving your kids at home alone or don't work even if you are now able to so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they are including that aspect in their planning with respect to who can utilize daycare; we'll see of course.

I'm def. keeping a close eye on the plans as they come out which appears next week is when they will start to.

I think, in order for businesses to open, schools or day care centers also have to open. Where are the kids going to go? I started a thread on this because it's something that isn't really being talked about.

That's what my post a couple days ago was about. My daycare is about to re-open. I take care of 12 - 24 month olds. Social distancing will not be possible with kids that age. But I don't have a choice so back to work I go and hope for the best.

I work on cardiac/ nuero ICU step down floor. I don't know if that puts me at a small risk at all. I've been a nurse twenty-five years. I've common in contact with a lot worse things than this. If I was afraid of human contact or looked at other humans as being infected I would stay in my house.

Gloves are PPE....... Our entire staff, including administration are wearing at least surgical masks, but most are wearing N95 masks....
I don't think the poster was referring to gloves. There is no shortage of gloves. We started wearing surgical masks a week ago, but I don't think that will continue once the virus is contained. We wear an N95 on the covid unit. I can't see us ever gowning up in full ppe to give someone a flu shot.

In my case, I work for a large chain. One of our centers in my city remained open for children of essential workers. The rest have been closed for the past month.

That's what my post a couple days ago was about. My daycare is about to re-open. I take care of 12 - 24 month olds. Social distancing will not be possible with kids that age. But I don't have a choice so back to work I go and hope for the best.
:hug:

I can't speak for the county that is shortening their stay at home order in my area but I know for my county they are doing randomized testing on Fridays of both essential workers and general population which started on April 10th. The test from April 17th included first responders, hospice staff and child care workers, among others.

That obviously doesn't necessarily alleviate anyone's concerns, but to me they are at least considering the risks the child care workers have in their testing.

I'm hoping you stay safe though! As much as parents are concerned about who is going to take care of their children I'm sure daycare providers are also as concerned about potential exposure :hug:

I wasn't - at all. The discussion was about wearing PPE when getting a flu shot. Gloves are PPE. They are required to give flu shots.
Why was poster worried about not being able to get a flu shot due to lack of PPE. I assumed he was referring to the full ppe. Gloves are not going to prevent you from getting Covid. The poster thought he wouldn't be able to get a flu shot because healthcare workers wouldn't be able to protect themselves against Covid. That was how the conversation went.

Why was poster worried about not being able to get a flu shot due to lack of PPE. I assumed he was referring to the full ppe. Gloves are not going to prevent you from getting Covid. The poster thought he wouldn't be able to get a flu shot because healthcare workers wouldn't be able to protect themselves against Covid. That was how the conversation went.
That is a good question - the PP did not specify. Agree that full PPE is not required, though I would want any doctor treating me for anything right now to be wearing a mask.

Thank you
I can't speak for the county that is shortening their stay at home order in my area but I know for my county they are doing randomized testing on Fridays of both essential workers and general population which started on April 10th. The test from April 17th included first responders, hospice staff and child care workers, among others.

That obviously doesn't necessarily alleviate anyone's concerns, but to me they are at least considering the risks the child care workers have in their testing.

I'm hoping you stay safe though! As much as parents are concerned about who is going to take care of their children I'm sure daycare providers are also as concerned about potential exposure :hug:

Thank you! I'm not really worried about myself as much as the kids exchanging germs and taking them to their families. I am happy to be going back to my babies though - I've missed them!

That is a good question - the PP did not specify. Agree that full PPE is not required, though I would want any doctor treating me for anything right now to be wearing a mask.
When you don't look at a post in the context of the whole conversation it can be confusing. Let's hope by the time we're giving flu shots we won't need masks.

*you're

And hyperbole isn't really needed here. I don't expect all workers to wear PPE to give flu shots but I can understand the thoughtprocess behind that given what information we know. I get where the line of thinking was with the PP. You don't have to agree with that; that's totally fine :)
It's the panic and fear. Reason and rationale have fled the building.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter