Is 7 days too much time for US/IOA

disneyagain

DIS Veteran
We've been to disney 2x in last year with our APs. They expire in April. I just saw the great price for US/IOA for the 7 consecutive day price. I purchased those, even if we don't do 7 days it's a great deal! I've booked a room for HRH (8/3-10/02)at the entertainment rate of $125/night for 5 of 7 nights, and $199/night for 2 weekend nights (couldn't get entertainment rate on weekend) so...We'll have front of the line privs. We plan on spending some time at the pool....I'm sure it will be **HOT** in August! Are we going to need more to do, we're used to going, going, going on our Disney trips (DH, DS-9 and DD-7)??? We're really going to try and sit back and relax this time LOL!

Keep you fingers crossed that I can get GREAT airfare again and the car rental rates come down!

I love these boards!:jester:

Well, if you are planning on sitting back and relaxing...there is no place better to do it that at Universal Orlando. Being able to enjoy the resort...pool, and City Walk along with the parks...not having to rush will be excellent for you.

Don't forget to make dinner reservations for some of the more popular places if you want nice dinners. Even though you can show your room card...you can still have quite a wait...we learned that the hard way!

We were there for six days and it was not too much time. It is so different from the hectic pace of WDW. I must admit, I was at the park when the gate opened so I could ride the front row of Dueling Dragons repeatedly. There really is no reason to rush around. The express access is priceless. You'll be able to enjoy the hot afternoons at the HRH pool. Seven days will be wonderful.

no, it will not take you that long to hit the high points. Yes it will take a few days to hit everythjing each park has to offer. Explore every nook and cranny and it will take you a while to see all the details that make these two parks so great. On a busy day you would need two days to do IOA and that is seeing everything. Another two to do USF, so you will have three days to redo the hight spots or just relax and have a vacation for once :smooth:

Originally posted by disneyagain
. We plan on spending some time at the pool....I'm sure it will be **HOT** in August! Are we going to need more to do,

7 days is not enough for some, 15 minutes is apparently too much for others. We stay at least 3 days at a time several times a year.
If you find yourself thinking change of pace I highly recommend Wet & Wild Water Park. It's Universal property and I beleive the onsite hotels offer shuttle service there or it's a short drive right on International drive. It's really an outstanding water park, I suggest getting there very early and do not forget your sunscreen.
Also remember that summer is rain season in Florida and many afternoons have thundershowers- a good time to explore Ripley's, FAO Schwartz, or see a movie at the theater @ Citywalk.
:smooth:

It seems like each park deserves at least two to three days, in order for you to see it all.

Disneyagain- Just a suggestion, but did you know that Royal Pacific (Universal's newest resort) is offering the entertainment rate on weekends. I got it for labor day weekend for 5 nights.

But I'm thinking we'll like the HRH better...We stayed at Disney's Polynesian in November...It was beautiful, but we want to try a different theming (something besides the South Pacific) this time.....My DH is a huge music fan, so I'm sure he'll like this.....

It looks like park access (short walk) is nice from the HRH!

I'd recommend Sea World one of those days if you need something else to try. They have Kraken, JTA, shows, and you can pet a dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter