Irrational fears, what is yours?

Have you ever had an MRI? Knowing how I am, when I had to get an MRI, I requested an open MRI. Got there and nope. Couldn't do it. Had to find a place where I could do a 'standing' MRI.
No, but even when I see one on tv I'm uncomfortable. I would have to find an alternative or be completely knocked out.

Being attacked by something in the water when I can't see my feet. The irrational part: if my pool light is off, hence the water is dark, I* can't swim because there may be a shark in there and it will get me. If I turn the light on and check the pool before turning it back off, I can overcome the fear long enough to skinnydip, uh, er, I mean Swim.

Sadly, we have not gotten the pool light to work in the house we are in now so, no nighttime swims for me.

Ugh, I've gotten crazier as I've gotten older. I had a full blown panic attack at Lube Stop taking my dd VW bug to get e-checked. OMG they have a hole on the floor and you have to drive up the ramps on either side of it. I couldn't do it. The guy thought I was a complete wack-a-doodle, but my heart was pounding out of my chest I could not drive that car on those ramps over that hole. I just felt like I was gonna fall in. I know it's irrational the car is way wider than the hole on the floor but nope can't do it. And somehow because of my experience in that car I can't drive my van over it either, so my DH has to take the cars for e-check.

I have a fear of being trapped in places too. No way could I get on a subway and I'm always uneasy in strange towns that I don't have a mental map of. And I noticed last time we were at disney being uneasy waiting in line inside space mountain:scared:.

Helium balloons. It was the worst when I worked at a Hallmark store in college and had to blow them up. :scared:

Me too! A couple of months ago, I was home alone and walked right by a snake. In. My. House. IN. MY. HOUSE!! (Granted it was about the size of a very large earth worm, but still! It was In. My. House!) I very quickly jumped up on the couch and kept it within eyesight (because once you lose sight of it, you will never feel safe again until it is found and dealt with). Luckily, it was slow moving. I called DH (he works about 5 min from the house). And he had the nerve not to answer his phone. Repeatedly. Like 30 times repeatedly. Finally, I decided I had to take action. Since it was so slow moving, I ran to the kitchen and got a large plastic popcorn bowl. I came back and waited for him to move away from the baseboard. Then I tossed the bowl on top of him and ran up on to a chair to watch him (in case he was able to free himself). I continued calling DH (he finally answered). I suggested we burn the house down afterwards, but DH said no.

Ummm, are there any snakes that small, unless they are babies?? And if it was a baby snake, won't mama & papa snake be looking for it?? Not to mention any snake siblings...just curious...

Any t-shirt or clothing that has to be pulled over the head has to have either a v-neck or scoop neck. I totally freak out if I'm taking something off & it gets stuck covering my head.

No, but even when I see one on tv I'm uncomfortable. I would have to find an alternative or be completely knocked out.

I have to have them twice a year and since they are brain/spine, they can’t be done in an open machine. I have to be sedated every time.

The irrational part is that I’m scared I will get trapped in the machine when there’s a shooter in the hospital. My head is enclosed in a cage that’s attached to a board so it would not be easy for me to just wiggle out. Every time I go I have the staff show me how to undo the cage from the board. They’re obviously used to it because they show me every single time.

Ummm, are there any snakes that small, unless they are babies?? And if it was a baby snake, won't mama & papa snake be looking for it?? Not to mention any snake siblings...just curious...

Mama and Papa snake won't be looking for it. For almost all species of snakes, the babies are own their own immediately after birth. Siblings may be nearby if the mother gave birth in the vicinity.

I'm sure you have good reason.

Redheads_make_better_psychos_Rectangle_Magnet_300x300.jpg

Hm. One fear that gets me panicky is storms. Mostly the wind. I guess the movie Twister made an impact. I’m not even in an area where tornadoes are common. I don’t have a basement

Hm. One fear that gets me panicky is storms. Mostly the wind. I guess the movie Twister made an impact. I’m not even in an area where tornadoes are common. I don’t have a basement

Same!!! And I live in the desert...no tornados whatsoever but it is pretty much always windy and I'm pretty sure my roof is going to blow off and I'll be sucked out of the house...:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter