Inventory This High?

lots of great ideas but surely, they’re not new to Disney. And yet, for decades, the AP concept hasn’t changed much. I’m not hopeful they will any time soon. Only thing that’s different is that they’re limiting the number of active APs. For some reason, it doesn’t make sense for Disney to make drastic changes. For now and the foreseeable future, Disney is happy with only allowing a limited amount of APs and selling day tickets to the rest. It’s as if DVC members having APs isn’t on their priority, meaning it’s not in their financial interest to give us APs. I don’t know how else to interpret it.
To make it worth it, & limit it to locals who they want to use it when it's slow they should make them expensive enough that you'd have to go like 30 days a year to make it worth it. (not sure 30 is a great number, just an example)

I don't fault your logic and I don't want to be nit-picky about a small detail when you are trying to make a point. I certainly understand your point of view and from your perspective it seems right.

But, we know Chapek said they had intentionally limited the number of APs they distributed, so we know they have a cap on those. Then, I thought they would re-start new sales when the number of non-renewals reached a critical mass where they could re-open and sell again for a reasonable length of time. But, I have changed my mind on that assumption. To me, the evidence points to creation of a different kind of annual pass program for the future. I have written detailed posts before. (Although the main one with details was in a thread that disappeared.)

To me, the evidence points to a hypothesis that they are not selling them (the three highest tiers of AP) because they are gradually changing the AP program to a Florida residents only program and it will favor local residents. I think Disney might see the future of the AP program as a program that is of more direct benefit to Disney. They might use it as a space filler. If that is true, it may be their intention to have all new passholders be Florida residents and everyone must spend their first year in the Pixie pass tier. Disney World is very different from Disneyland Resort. It is a world class destination resort. If Disney is converting to say 10% or 15% of the crowd are passholders, they are reducing crowding. By only selling Pixies to Florida residents, eventually the program will be just a small local program. It appears probable then that new sales of the top three tiers will remain unavailable indefinitely.

In other words, the new AP program is right there before your eyes for everyone to see. When someone does not renew, they are constantly selling new Pixie passes to take its place. There are over 8,000 people moving to Florida every week. Some of them are buying Pixies when others do not renew any other tier of passes.

I do not say this to shade things in my direction. (Because we are considering moving away from here.) But because I think the evidence could reasonably be interpreted that way.
As an out-of-state AP holder, I hope you're wrong, @Ms Bibbidi!

For me, if they aren’t going to do the AP as it is, the. It would be great if they could do a yearly pass that can be used when staying onsite and has a set number of days.
This would work for me as well, and I'd be all for it, whether for DVC members or just non-DVC people (like moi) staying at a WDW resort, which I always do.

WDW definitely has resort room availability because there are always discounts.

Anyone can buy the UK tickets. If necessary use a VPN. They are delivered as a code to add to MDE.
You have to use them in an 18 day window i believe.
These tickets are very expensive now. They used to be £308 according to a cash stay invoice I dug out from just 2016. Look at the price of this- 14 day tickets for 6 people, 1 week in a 2 bed at OKW, gift card and free dining plan. Exchange rate was 1.35 us to the £ then so tickets were $415 including 20% Vat (tax) and the whole vacation with the Villa, magic express, 6 dining plans and 6 lots of tickets was $6274 for 7 nights.

Attachments

• 161BFD2E-F1FE-46E2-A187-3F3120A78757.jpeg
    161BFD2E-F1FE-46E2-A187-3F3120A78757.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 14
That would be nice, but don't all the days have to be used within a certain amount of time? We go on multiple short trips so wouldn't work. Otherwise I'd be all over it, and we actually have a time share in the UK so semi legit :)
Yes, they need to be used up within 18 days, so it may not work for everyone.

I have to ask....any secret set of tickets (with more days) like this at Disneyland? The most I can find is a 5-day ticket but we would really like at least 7.

Instead of buying an entire separate set of tickets that is.
Afraid not. Your other option is to buy a magic key, which I’m guessing isn’t a viable option for you

I have to ask....any secret set of tickets (with more days) like this at Disneyland? The most I can find is a 5-day ticket but we would really like at least 7.

Do you actually plan to visit the parks for 7 days, or do you just want the flexibility?
Not that you’ll get bored, but you should definitely be able to do everything twice if not 3 or 4 times in 5 days. lol
Maybe just try Knotts Berry Farm on the “6th day and/or something else interesting to you on the “7th” day. (Beach, Hollywood, Legoland, Baseball, Hockey, Football/Soccer game, etc)

Do you actually plan to visit the parks for 7 days, or do you just want the flexibility?
Not that you’ll get bored, but you should definitely be able to do everything twice if not 3 or 4 times in 5 days. lol
Maybe just try Knotts Berry Farm on the “6th day and/or something else interesting to you on the “7th” day. (Beach, Hollywood, Legoland, Baseball, Hockey, Football/Soccer game, etc)
More looking for flexibility. Since this is a one and done we are staying at the GCH and wanted to spend a lot of time there instead of just going hardcore at the parks. We are definitely morning/evening park people. Hopefully we can do everything 3 or 4 times. At WDW last summer we did BTMRR 7 or 8 times in a row and it still didn't feel like enough, LOL.

Would love to visit the evening we get there for fireworks, and the morning we leave for example.

If it's not available though it's not that big a deal. Just thought I'd ask =) We may possibly do a day at Universal to see super nintendo world instead.

Maybe if you just want to do the major rides but to truly take in *everything*, even just once, I’d need 5 full days.

Instead of buying an entire separate set of tickets that is.
“Even better, the Disneyland California 5-Day Hopper Ticket expires after 13 days from first use which means your five days at Disneyland California do not have to be taken over consecutive days.” ~from the UK tickets

Not perfect but with one or two rest days in between maybe you can alot more done. Sometimes we end up too exhausted to fully maximize what can be done.

Since this is a one and done we are staying at the GCH and wanted to spend a lot of time there instead of just going hardcore at the parks. We are definitely morning/evening park people. Hopefully we can do everything 3 or 4 times.

Would love to visit the evening we get there for fireworks, and the morning we leave for example.
I Gotcha…
This sounds like an amazing way to enjoy the parks. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter