interview at disney store...

wen-tom

spit spot!
Hi Guys,
I had a call from my local Disney store today. I had taken my CV in just in case they were taking on christmas staff. They are and they have invited me to a group interview on monday.
Has anyone got any experience of this?

What sort of thing should I expect?

I have googled but there isn't a lot of helpful info. Someone suggested they asked her to sing :scared1: where others say they were asked to sell a toy...:confused:

I'm not really a nervous person but I think I would cumble if they made me sing :rotfl2:

Hi Guys,
I had a call from my local Disney store today. I had taken my CV in just in case they were taking on christmas staff. They are and they have invited me to a group interview on monday.
Has anyone got any experience of this?

What sort of thing should I expect?

I have googled but there isn't a lot of helpful info. Someone suggested they asked her to sing :scared1: where others say they were asked to sell a toy...:confused:

I'm not really a nervous person but I think I would cumble if they made me sing :rotfl2:

Try a search in this forum as I'm sure there's 2 members here, one who works for the Disney store, and one who applied to work there and went through the process. Can't for the life of me remember their usernames right now but one post wasn't too long ago!

Good Luck :goodvibes

Hi Wendy,

Someone on here not long back also had an interview for the Disney store - maybe it's worth asking him. I'll try and find the thread ETA thread above :)

I've had group interviews in the past, but never for the Disney Store but I'll still say what I've experienced incase it helps :goodvibes

I was asked to sell toys, to interview other members in the group and then to present details about said people to the rest of the group, I've been asked to sell a fruit or a vegetable (don't ask :rotfl:), I've played "ice-breaker" games to get the group going (one particular one that stands out is "pick your favourite body part - now spell your name with it!"), I've had to do a little presentation about myself....

I find group interviews much less daunting that when you are interviewed by yourself. It is quite nerve-wracking at the start of a group interview where you may be with about 10 people who you have never met before but it really does get better :)

Good luck :goodvibes

thank you all so much for the quick responses :goodvibes

Mandy, the store is in Hull.

Scottish girl, thank you for that thread. I did search the forum and came back blank. I obviously did something wrong :rotfl:- I have read through it but it doesn't really say what she was asked to do at the interview :confused3

I'm guessing that it will be a bit of role play or something along those lines.

Beth - how did you spell your name with your favorite body part :rotfl2:

Hi,

I had a group interview for the Birmingham Disney Store a few months ago.

We were split into groups, each group was given a certain character sticker. So your name was written on it, along with say, Buzz. Each group was given a member of staff, who did an introduction and then told us what would happen.

We had a Disney quiz, a task to fold beach towels the correct way, then create a display with them as a team, and a merchandising task, where we had to find items that could be sold together, and we also had an individual interview during one of the tasks.

It lasted for two and a half hours from start to finish, but felt like less.:thumbsup2

Just go in as yourself, and answer all the questions as honestly as you can.:goodvibes Lots of luck.:wizard:

sid74 thank you so much for this. :goodvibes

Hopefully mine won't last 2 1/2 hours as its at 8:30pm! I'll be nodding off on their beach towels :rotfl:

of course i dont! just hope i've been of some help :)

just wanted to say thanks for all of your help :goodvibes

everyone keep their finger crossed for me on monday night :thumbsup2

Fingers crossed for Monday...Good Luck Wendy

Pixie dust to help along the way... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

The quiz had about 20 questions. It was stuff like name the Disney film that has Elvis songs in, name a character that has a name that begins with a H, which arm does Captain Hook have his hook on. It was pretty easy for anyone who hangs around on here.:lmao:

There was also 5 or so questions that were to do with something in the shop, such as what size does a certain item or clothing line go up to, or start from. We had a couple of those. It is basically to see if you can find the information in the shop.:goodvibes

Good luck for Monday:wizard:

thanks everyone :goodvibes

I'm nervous because I want to get it but excited at the same time :confused3

I'll let you know how I get on :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter