Internet Access At AKL??

kement

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am wondering if there is internet access at the AKL. I am debating with bringing my laptop or not.

I would use it to upload pics from the digi cam, but I could just use the memory card. I will need to occasionally check emails.

If there is a PC I could have easy access to I could save myself the trouble of bringing the laptop.

Thanks

I'd also like to know this answer. We will be there in just about 10 days. Does Poly have an access as well? We'll be splitting up our trip between the two. My son (19) is bringing his laptop to view DVD's on the plane and was hoping to have internet access during the stay.

I am sure that there will be data ports on the phones where you can hook up your laptop's modem and dial out to an ISP.

I am hoping that there is a business center or something like it where they will have an internet capable PC I can use to retrieve emails. This allow me to leave the laptop at home.

Ok, i'm not really in the know about how everything works but I was able to hook my laptop to the phone using a phone jack so i think that's what a dataport is *lol* I think I also use a dataport over the by the table so I could sit there and look out our balcony.

I have a little iBook and it fit perfectly in the safe. just be careful when you open the safe up when it's in there, it would tilt back out at me but seemed fine. I looked up all the local phone numbers for my internet provider and then tested a couple and only stayed on a few minutes and then called to see how the phone rates were because no one could tell me which of them would turn up long distance, once I had a "local" number figured out all I paid was the cost to call out.

I did find that in the mornings were best for me to send and recieve mail. Other times it took forever for the dial-up to connect or would time out. So I'd write up my messages at night and send before we left for the parks.

remember to take a couple of dial up numbers with you and have it all set. oh another thing... i'm with wide open west... so in december hubby set me up for like $10 for like a roaming program. allowing me to access the net as much as i liked while away from home for the $10. then when we got home he just took it off the account.

we had no troubles. i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

have fun!!!! enjoy the lodge and take time to explore it. it's great and can't wait to go back. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter