Inspired by going solo: did WDW affect your relationship?

MidgeD79

It's a Small World summer of 2017
I had been dating a guy for about 2 years when we decided to go to WDW and take his 8 year old dd. I left my kids at home. By the end of the week I was in tears. I never knew how bigoted he was and how much of a complainer. Once we got home we never saw each other again. I haven't dated either. My man will have to be a Disney lover!

I don't think WDW was the thing that affected your relationship. Though I am sorry to hear that its ended.

We live in a very small community where there is less thatn 1% african american and very few other ethnic types. I don't believe I'm racist,I just have never had alot of exposure. He obviously was very racist and that came out at WDW where there people from all over the world. I'm glad I found out when I did.

Actually, my ex-husband was the one who wanted to go. I'd been in 1972 (at the age of 2), but he'd been there often in his teens and he planned my first trip as an adult. However, he's an off-the-cuff, last-minute type, and I'm a compulsive planner. His "living in the moment," reflected in our chaotic trip in which I saw and did very little, was more of a problem in our relationship. Three years after the divorce, I planned the Dkids' first trip to WDW. I learned about great things like PS (so *that's* why we always waited so long for a table before!!) and prioritizing the attractions we really wanted to see - we were able to really experience the "magic" to its fullest, leaving us with fantastic memories and the desire to return again and again. My ex is still a fan of Disney, but I've crossed that line into fanatic. :)

I didn't take him to WDW - very glad I didn't - but to the beach - boy talk about being nuts - me - I still saw the loser for around 2 years after that.

when he start to talk about marriage - I ran for it!!!

certainly glad I did!!!

I have dated fairly often in my younger years - now I know I can't put up with a man.

My mother is enough of a problem - soon she will be gone - then I might start dating - I just don't know. Oh I know what you mean - my mother has a dirty mouth and I have told her if she embasses me through her prejudice- then I would LEAVE. that generally shuts her up.... So if you ever meet my mother I apologize for her mouth and behavior.

You should be very, very happy you found out before you married him....

think how horrible it would be after!

Traveling together is the true test of ANY relationship, whether friend or lover! Some work buddies at my last job were trying to get me to go on a cruise with them and a few others--I can't imagine sharing a cabin/hotel room for several days with anybody other than my DH. Just way, way too much forced time together--as far as I'm concerned, most friendships are not meant to be tested that way! :earsgirl:

WDW has affected my relationship with my husband by giving us more joyful time together!

My DH and I took our first Disney trip together in 2003. He proposed a little more than a month after we got home, and to this day says the trip was a perfect test for our relationship. He wanted to see if we could spend a week together, just the two of us, in a setting like that, and not come to blows!
Obviously, we passed. :love:
Cheers,
Q
:drinking1

I think any holiday can be a test to your relationshio - after all you don't spend 24 hours a day together in "real life"!

We did a week in Ibiza three months after we met and survived that... I suggested we do Disney for a fortnight 8 months after we bought our first house, and was really nervous in the run up - not only was there the what if we can't spend that long together, but worse, what if he doesn't like Disney World!?!??!

I needn't have panicked - he loved it - so much so that he agreed straight away when I suggested we get married there - he proposed first I hasten to add :0)

And the other day when I was moaning about how difficult it is planning a trip to WDW for 9 people, including 4 non-disney-ers he said - don't worry we can go on our own in 2006! Hooray - start planning the next trip before we even get to this one! :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter