Indianapolis DIS Meet - Come One Come All!

Hi Aaron and everyone else. I have been so bummed over having had to miss the last 2 DIS meets here is Indy. I will do everything in my power to not let that happen again. Please put DW and myself down for the meet. Can't bring the the boys due to a surprise trip DW and myself are planning over Thanksgiving that directly concerns them, and I don't want to take any chance on the surprise slipping out. They would probably be bored anyway, you know how teenagers are.;)

Hi Aaron and everyone else. I have been so bummed over having had to miss the last 2 DIS meets here is Indy. I will do everything in my power to not let that happen again. Please put DW and myself down for the meet. Can't bring the the boys due to a surprise trip DW and myself are planning over Thanksgiving that directly concerns them, and I don't want to take any chance on the surprise slipping out. They would probably be bored anyway, you know how teenagers are.;)

That's great! Don't worry, we'll keep a lid on the secret even if the boys are not coming. :) We understand completely. Don't forget to spread the word about the meet.

This sounds like a lot of fun - if we're in town we'll definitely be there! :) DH, me, and DD, 10

This sounds like a lot of fun - if we're in town we'll definitely be there! :) DH, me, and DD, 10

Great! You're bringing the margarittas and Dole Whip floats to the meet so we hope you can make it. :laughing: ::yes::

I'll add you guys to the list, let us know if something comes up and you can't make it.

I got excited when I found this thread. Unfortunately, I have to work Labor Day weekend. Darn it! This would have been great since I and DH will be leaving the following Saturday for WDW. Have a great time!

Hello,
I'm a newbie member to the DIS board, but long time lurker! I just happened to see your meet in Indy and would love some more info as I have never attended anything of this sort. What do you do? Where? Activities? Since we live in Bloomington, it's something that sure sounds of interest.

Hello,
I'm a newbie member to the DIS board, but long time lurker! I just happened to see your meet in Indy and would love some more info as I have never attended anything of this sort. What do you do? Where? Activities? Since we live in Bloomington, it's something that sure sounds of interest.

Welcome to the DIS! :)

Whoever wishes to attend the meet can attend. We don't have an exact location of the meet yet because I want to get more of an idea of how many people will be attending. The location will be announced probably at the end of July or early August. It will be in the Indy area.

As for the meet itself, they typically are a combination of Disney discussion with other Disney fans, good food, and meeting new friends who share the love of Walt Disney World. As for this particular meet I'm going to try and have kids activities as well as trivia and drawings for some prizes. I'm going to speak with some individuals and companies to see if they will donate prizes to make it even better, but that is still up in the air at this point.

I hope you can make the meet. I know from experience the more DISers who attend the more fun the meet.

Let me know if you have any more questions about the meet. :)

Hi, ADP! I checked with my friend, and she and her son will be able to attend. He's 11. We're looking forward to it. See you then!

Hey Aaron count me in!

Caroline (squidrific) and dd13 (Katie).

P.S. Thanks Dodie for the link!

Hey Aaron count me in!

Caroline (squidrific) and dd13 (Katie).

P.S. Thanks Dodie for the link!

That's great Caroline. So glad you and Katie can make it. Look forward to seeing you guys again.

Mars1990

So glad you came out of lurkdom! To me, the best thing about DisMeets is being able to put a face and personality with the screen name. Plus talking to people who love Disney as much as you... they 'understand' the addiction! It's fun! Hope you make it.

Sooze

I have been able to get 3 or 4 Indy Labor Day weekend DIS organized in the past. I usually stop down for a few days to the Nationals over in Clermont.

You might get a lot of additional exposure if you also post this on the Community board and keep it bumped every so often. That board gets a lot of traffic.

I am planning on coming in on Sunday, but may try to make it a day earlier. :cool1:

I have been able to get 3 or 4 Indy Labor Day weekend DIS organized in the past. I usually stop down for a few days to the Nationals over in Clermont.

You might get a lot of additional exposure if you also post this on the Community board and keep it bumped every so often. That board gets a lot of traffic.

I am planning on coming in on Sunday, but may try to make it a day earlier. :cool1:

Hi Dan,

Glad to hear from you. I was at the Labor Day meet you planned a few years ago at Loon Lake Lodge. It was a lot of fun. We really hope you can make it. When you know for sure let us know.

I will take your advice and post this over on the community board. Thanks!

Aaron, I guess I could give you our real names. I'm Mickeefan (Julie), my friend is Nancy and her son is Brent. Thanks.

Aaron, I guess I could give you our real names. I'm Mickeefan (Julie), my friend is Nancy and her son is Brent. Thanks.

Thanks Julie. Anyone else who wishes to pass along their names please feel free and I will update the first post with your names.

If I can get that afternoon off from my retail job, I will try to make it! It sounds like fun! I have never been to a DIS meet, so it would be nice to meet other people that love Disney as much as me!!!! Keep us posted on the details and where it will be. I live in the Westfield area. Sounds like fun!!!

If I can get that afternoon off from my retail job, I will try to make it! It sounds like fun! I have never been to a DIS meet, so it would be nice to meet other people that love Disney as much as me!!!! Keep us posted on the details and where it will be. I live in the Westfield area. Sounds like fun!!!

Hi Harvest -

We sure hope you can make it. Is it ok to mark you on the official list in the
1st post? If so, how many including children? Feel free to give me your names and I can add that as well. Thanks! :)

Hi Harvest -

We sure hope you can make it. Is it ok to mark you on the official list in the
1st post? If so, how many including children? Feel free to give me your names and I can add that as well. Thanks! :)

Yes, go ahead and add me. If I can't make it, I will let you know. It would be me, Karen, and my kids Derek and Kyler(DS 11 and 7).

Hi! I also followed the link from someone's siggy line.

Count me, Grumpy and DS in for the Indy DIS meet. My name is Gina, and I mostly lurk.

It wll be cool to meeting other Disney fans.

Hi! I also followed the link from someone's siggy line.

Count me, Grumpy and DS in for the Indy DIS meet. My name is Gina, and I mostly lurk.

It wll be cool to meeting other Disney fans.

Hi Gina! Glad you are coming. There are many of us who are looking forward to meeting you. Just curious, but how old is your DS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter