Incorrect dvc dues

Japy

Earning My Ears
Anyone else had wildly incorrect dues fee posted like $500 dollars more than it should be, then partially corrected and then still its $100 wrong??

Yeah my VGF dues are a bit wonky based on my projections. Similar to what you’re saying. I’m going to call this week and see if they can clarify anything. This is our first year as members so I’m not sure what to expect really 🤷🏼‍♀️

I did read somewhere that final dues might be a little different then what we think it might be because of something to do with taxes but I don’t think it’s supposed to be more than few dollars or so different so this feels abnormal.

Anyone else had wildly incorrect dues fee posted like $500 dollars more than it should be, then partially corrected and then still its $100 wrong??
Yes, mine are WAY off. Lots of adjustments and then they are saying I owe $1400 even though I should only owe $300 since I had an $1100 credit from last year (when I rent my points, I buy gift cards and apply them towards my annual dues).

I did read somewhere that final dues might be a little different then what we think it might be because of something to do with taxes but I don’t think it’s supposed to be more than few dollars or so different so this feels abnormal.
I really don't think so as taxes are part of the dues calculations. It concerns me that a company the size of disney cannot calculate a very basic dues amount correctly.

I really don't think so as taxes are part of the dues calculations. It concerns me that a company the size of disney cannot calculate a very basic dues amount correctly.
@CarolynFH said this in another thread about dues in response to some else having a different number than expected.

“You must own a resort where 2023 property taxes were less than estimated a year ago. At BWV, property taxes were a little more than a nickel per point higher than estimated last year. So our bill for 300 points was about $15 more than estimated, not because of 2024 dues but because of 2023 property taxes.

(For those who are new to DVC, DVC has to estimate property taxes roughly a year before they get the actual bills from the taxing entities.)”

Not sure it explains everything but property taxes can be adjusted because they’re estimated early.

Yes, mine are WAY off. Lots of adjustments and then they are saying I owe $1400 even though I should only owe $300 since I had an $1100 credit from last year (when I rent my points, I buy gift cards and apply them towards my annual dues).
This seems very much a different thing though. Yikes hope you’re able to sort it this out!

Wow, no, taxes shouldn’t be the reason for that large of a swing! I will say we were surprised about how they allocated the payments we had made in advance using discounted GCs. Since we had to Pay By Contract, we had kept the amounts applied to each contract pretty even (we only have two contracts, both BWV). But when we accessed our statement, they had applied most, but not all, to the first contract and much less to the second.

When I click on View Dues Transaction History for each contract, it’s very confusing, but fortunately the total amount we still owed was the same as what I had calculated once I took the property tax adjustment into consideration (was only $15.xx on our 300 BWV points).

I’m sure Member Accounting’s phone will be ringing off the hook on Monday morning. Be prepared to be on Hold for a while. Sorry your dues are so messed up - hope they can straighten them out for you!

Yeah my VGF dues are a bit wonky based on my projections. Similar to what you’re saying. I’m going to call this week and see if they can clarify anything. This is our first year as members so I’m not sure what to expect really 🤷🏼‍♀️
Actually now that I’ve done the math again, I think my dues came out about $50 less than I had thought so maybe I shouldn’t say anything to MS in case they correct it😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter