'In Search of Cinders' Trip Report - Day Three

PJackson

DIS Veteran
Here is Day One: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1975250

Day Two: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1977094

Day Three - Weds 1st October 2008

Up early but didn't rush around getting ready too much so got to breakfast around 7.50 am. Can't recall who was on character wise when we got there but saw the Genie was on at 8.30 am so decided to hang around for him. DD1 had her photo taken with him and an autograph - he was sooo funny doing really silly things :goodvibes

442.jpg

We went back to the room to pack bits for the day and then got into the park around 9 am (it was raining again today - on and off). We went straight to Discoveryland to do Star Tours which was now on EMH (to replace Orbitron which was off for work). DH insisted DD1 go on it and she was scared - she was OK until the meteorites and bits started hitting the 'ship' and causing it to tilt etc - poor baby!

We then went on Buzz (again!) and loved it as usual - DH bought an alien in Constellations which seemed to become our mascot (see DD2 with alien and later pic of DD1 with Daisy Duck and alien!!)?! We had decided to spend our day in the Studios as it was our last full day. I really wanted to do Crush but we were late getting there - around 10.10 am and got there to find it was broken (seems to be happening a lot - it did get fixed at some point but the queue was topping an hour again!). They had no idea when it would be open so we went on Cars with DD1 - it was good fun - a great ride for kids and adults :goodvibes

580.jpg

We queued for a pic with Sulley which was fab and he became DD1's favourite (guess what cuddly toy she picked and now sleeps with every night!). ;)

479.jpg

We then did Cinemagique - Stitch appeared near the queue so DD1 had her photo/auto done. DD1 was little scared of the loud noises during this ie gunshots because it is fairly loud. Gave me a chance to feed DD2 in darkness though ;) It was very very clever and I think both DSD and DH really enjoyed it especially.

We then rushed out to see the Toon Train which was fab. Really great for littlies and not v busy which was fab :thumbsup2 There was Chip & Dale, Lilo & Stitch and Clarice. It was easy to get a photo and auto with all of them :thumbsup2

494.jpg

496.jpg

493.jpg

We went back into Studio 1 and went on the Aerosmith coaster - even DSD did it :laughing: I nearly died when it first accelerated off as it was sooo fast but then I found it wasn't so bad after that at all.

We then had a wander about as DD1 was desperate to see some characters - esp Pinnochio. Sure enough we found Donald, Daisy, Scrooge, Pinnochio and Cruella. DD1 got pics and autos with all apart from Cruella (who I actually thought was a man in drag?) as she went off. It was quite busy unfortunately so DD1 can't recall even having her pic taken with Donald!! We also queued and saw Remy too. He wasn't too happy though as DD1 insisted at looking at his tail - he was most put out :lmao:

497.jpg

498.jpg

499.jpg

500.jpg

We then took in the Stitch interactive at 1pm. This is so clever and so well done. Only DD1, myself and DH did this and we all enjoyed it. DD1 and DH didn't even know who Stitch was really until then.

After that we decided to head to the Rainforest Cafe for a mid afternoon bite to eat (this was somewhere I'd wanted to eat as I thought DD1 would like the theming). The food was good and the service super but v expensive :scared1: By the time we finished it was almost 3.35 pm so we had a quick look in the Disney Store and decided to head back to the main park for the OUAD parade :) It was very heavy rain by now so we stood at the bottom of Main Street under the shop eaves to watch it - it wasn't the same with the weather but they made the best of it :) Also, it's much much busier at this end watching the parade.

At 4.50 pm we decided to head back to the hotel to pack and sort a few bits out (feed baby) as it was very wet. We went back out to the Park around 6 pm to shop as we hadn't really bought our shopping yet - thought we'd browse and then buy all in one! We SHOPPED!! :eek: (Not too bad though as I got a lot of Christmas presents for the girls). It was then 7 pm so we headed out to give Candleabration another go (we hadn't been impressed on our first night partly due to the light - it's not v good imo when it's light and also we weren't in the best place for it to be fair). We stood by the stage this time and it was better as you could see the dancing much better (but it was quite busy). Still though the Castle lighting was a let down a bit - I'm sure it would be fantastic in the dark! Still, it was nice to see and see the dancing etc - DD1 enjoyed it :thumbsup2

Everyone was very tired so we settled the girls for bed (DD1 hyper so hard to settle - for a change - not!). M&D went down to the bar for a quick drink and then came back around 9 am for us to go down for an hour or so which was nice. I do like their cocktails - only have 2 though as feeding the baby hic!!! :rotfl2:

Tomorrow - our last day and return home (embarrassing encounter to come!) :lmao:

Your DD did really well with the autographs and photos today :goodvibes

Looks like you had a good time. Lovely pictures of your children:goodvibes Looking forward to the next part!

Hi ....Ive really enjoyed reading your trippies....the photos are fab, havent seen the Genie before!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Rainforest cafe as Im thinking of booking there for our next trip.....

Also, at breakfast time how many characters roughly would you say are about? Ta :goodvibes

Thanks for your comments :goodvibes

Boo Boo - there is one official one for a half hour slot - say 8 - 8.30. I can't remember but pretty sure they start from around 7 am! But there were always two around - one having official photos and one just hanging around. There may be more at busy times but we were pretty 'off season'. Hope that makes sense ;) They were always what I would call 'good' characters though IYSWIM.

Loving your Trippie!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Rainforest cafe as Im thinking of booking there for our next trip.....

Hi Boo-Boo- You can't book The Rainforest Cafe in Advance. Just so you know.... :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

Another lovely day, great photos again too:thumbsup2

Great trip report and great photos thanks for sharing :goodvibes

Great report with accompanying photos.
Agree your DD did well with her character collection :goodvibes

Awww thanks very much - sorry if I've included too many photos :blush: I have sooo many and want to share them with people who appreciate them :goodvibes

PS - Just need to get time to start a Disney scrapbook now :rolleyes1

Awww thanks very much - sorry if I've included too many photos :blush: I have sooo many and want to share them with people who appreciate them :goodvibes

PS - Just need to get time to start a Disney scrapbook now :rolleyes1
... too many photos. If you have more get them on here or provide a link girl :rotfl: ;)

Another fun filled day, your DD did really well with characters and autographs, lovely pictures.

What a great day...I found the studio's to be the best place for characters when we went although I don't think we saw the sheer quantity that you did!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter