I'm so disappointed and I don't know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you're taking that phrase out of context, which I am not. The context implies that masks are to be worn indoors including throughout all attractions. It does not say in addition to all attraction queues regardless of location.

But I'm not going to get any further into a pissing match with you. Read it any way you want. Disney will enforce their rule as they intend it. We'll all find out soon enough.
I think both interpretations are reasonable and we won’t know for sure until tomorrow. They definitely could/should have worded it more clearly!

I think both interpretations are reasonable and we won’t know for sure until tomorrow. They definitely could/should have worded it more clearly!
When we were there in May and we got 1 day (our last Park day) where masks were required inside only, masks were to be put on inside any attraction, interior queues, entering stores, restaurants, resorts, etc. For example, the line for SR at HS wrapped around outside and no masks were required, as soon as we reached the CM at the entrance to the building, we were instructed to put masks on.

So throughout the attraction would mean we need to wear a mask while riding something like Expedition Everest?

So throughout the attraction would mean we need to wear a mask while riding something like Expedition Everest?
That's the way it was before they dropped masks entirely (both inside and outside).
Edited to say: it really wasn't that bad wearing them ( I still can't believe I am the ONE saying this! That's how much I feel uncomfortable wearing the masks). It was SUPER hot and humid when we were there too. That trip was one of our best ever.

Last edited:
That's the way it was before they dropped masks entirely (both inside and outside).
Edited to say: it really wasn't that bad wearing them ( I still can't believe I am the ONE saying this! That's how much I feel uncomfortable wearing the masks). It was SUPER hot and humid when we were there too.
That's good to hear. Obviously upset it has to be this way, but it sounds doable for lots of people. I don't want to cancel and give up Boo Bash. :)

Don’t forget to bring a baggie or something to put your mask in when you want to take them off and put them back on if you don’t intend to wear the entire time!

Don’t forget to bring a baggie or something to put your mask in when you want to take them off and put them back on if you don’t intend to wear the entire time!
And take extras in case you lose the one you were wearing. Or it gets dirty. Or wet. We went through a lot last October when we had to wear them at all times except when in our room.

This latest change in policy, while not welcome, is not a big deal. I was there in May when they annouced te easing of mask restrictions to the same level that takes effect tomorrow. You had to wear your mask while inside and outside only on boat transportation or while in line for an attraction. It wasn't bad at all. August will be hotter for the OP, but its not as though you weren't going to sweat anyway in August in Florida. You can still have a good time
I agree with most of what you say, however the change in policy is welcome to some of us. Your post is reassuring to many folks and I appreciate it ::yes:: Most of these mask threads end up getting locked :scratchin The moderators must feel like they're playing whack a mole ;)

The wording copied/pasted by the OP in the first post did indeed include wording about attractions and their queues, both indoors and outdoors. The wording on WDW’s website does not currently include that specific phrase. It will indeed be interesting to see how this is enforced.
The wording on the WDW site is as follows (emphasis added by me):

“Beginning July 30, face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions. Face coverings remain optional for all Guests in outdoor common areas.”

That is pretty clear that masks must be worn from queue entry and throughout the duration of ALL attractions. Outdoor common areas are not attraction queues.

A good thing to have a is a mask chain or lanyard to wear, we had them for our trip at the end of May/beginning of June when we had to wear them just for rides/queues and indoors. It was on/off all the time and taking them in and out of pockets and bags would have been REALLY annoying. It was supper easy to just slip it on and off and you didn't have to think about it, I got a large pack of them on Amazon for not much money at all (I know it was under $20, may have been under $15 but I can't remember). I didn't even realize I had it on after a while, and I never lost a mask or had to think about it, and it was seriously easy for my kids/teen too.

We have a family trip to WDW coming Oct. 31-November 6. Three generations, 8 of us staying in 3 rooms at Pop. We were supposed to go last year. I almost changed it again about a month ago but decided not to. We’re all vaccinated except the girls who are under 12. I left the decision to our son and daughter-in-law on whether we should go or not and they said they were good with it. I’m hoping for low crowds. I actually feel good that they went back to wearing masks indoors. I prefer it be mandatory rather then optional with this delta variant. We plan on taking precautions at all times and just do the best that we can and have a good time.

Last edited:
The wording on the WDW site is as follows (emphasis added by me):

“Beginning July 30, face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions. Face coverings remain optional for all Guests in outdoor common areas.”

That is pretty clear that masks must be worn from queue entry and throughout the duration of ALL attractions. Outdoor common areas are not attraction queues.

Yes, that's what I said. WDW's current wording doesn't include the "either indoor or outdoor" phrase that was copied and pasted in the original post:

This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions, either indoor or outdoor. <<-- wording from post #1 in this thread

My best guess would be that this will be enforced as it was previously, in that when you're in an outdoor extended queue you can be maskless, but as soon as you enter the official attraction queue, even if it's outdoors, you'll have to mask up. But, again, we shall see how it is actually enforced.

A good thing to have a is a mask chain or lanyard to wear, we had them for our trip at the end of May/beginning of June when we had to wear them just for rides/queues and indoors. It was on/off all the time and taking them in and out of pockets and bags would have been REALLY annoying. It was supper easy to just slip it on and off and you didn't have to think about it, I got a large pack of them on Amazon for not much money at all (I know it was under $20, may have been under $15 but I can't remember). I didn't even realize I had it on after a while, and I never lost a mask or had to think about it, and it was seriously easy for my kids/teen too.
Yes. We had lanyards for our May and July trip and they are so much more convenient

I'm very grateful we just got back, before this went into effect. I know lots of folks are sharing positive experiences from last summer or spring when masks were required everywhere, but capacity was also WAY lower, and lines were much shorter then. With the parks as desperately overcrowded as they are right now, having to mask up, even as a fully vaccinated person, would definitely not be as great an experience as I kept reading about all last year!

The part you bolded seems to pretty clearly answer your question. Whether they enforce it or not is a different story.
It would depend on when you are 'entering an attraction'. So I'm standing last in line for SDD I need a mask 70 minutes before riding, but my wife isn't going to ride it but is just talking to me she doesn't? I'm in a walkway with people constantly walking past unmasked. When there early June (they got rid of the indoor mask mandate during our trip) they were not making any attempt to have people where masks at that spot even though we were 'in line'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter