I'm far from over protective....question

Sure you don’t. Im done here.

No idea! I didn’t change anything...except typos, technically. Sorry that you’re bothered by something but I think you misread or misinterpreted something? I’m sorry if I worded something poorly to lead to that, but I really don’t know what you mean.

Have a good night. Peace!

Last edited:
I totally stand by my statement. It's a dumb thing to worry about. It's a one day "camp" that I doubt anyone but the people involved know anything about.

Fears are valid. It's okay to worry as a parent, and learning how to deal with fears that may amplified by the events of the day is part of parenting. Calling another's worry "dumb" is pretty mean spirited, IMO.

No idea! I didn’t change anything...except typos, technically. Sorry that you’re bothered by something but I think you misread or misinterpreted something? I’m sorry if I worded something poorly to lead to that, but I really don’t know what you mean.

Have a good night. Peace!
I'm guessing @cruiser21 is referring to post #76 in this thread. It shows you edited it. He now believes you changed it to be snarky. Of course, he doesn't consider that you could have just been correcting a typo.

I'm guessing @cruiser21 is referring to post #76 in this thread. It shows you edited it. He now believes you changed it to be snarky. Of course, he doesn't consider that you could have just been correcting a typo.

That’s what I kind of think too. If you look, I edit almost all of my posts. I always have typos or stupid mistakes that I don’t catch until after I hit send/post. These mistakes make me cringe so I can’t just leave them.

I absolutely did not change the meaning of any of my posts. All editing was done way before the post was quoted or replied to and it was to fix mistakes. As I said, I also didn’t say I was trying to be snarky. I said that I was trying to be funny and was feeling kind of bad because I was afraid it might come off as snarky.

He is not a he. He's a she and it wasn't a typo I read the original post. Water under the bridge at this point. I'm not sure what is more annoying the community board or the Disney World website. Both make me want to take a hammer to my computer. I don't post a lot on the community board for good reason. Fortunately or unfortunately I have annual passes to Disney World and their website is a part of my life for 10 more months.

He is not a he. He's a she and it wasn't a typo I read the original post. Water under the bridge at this point. I'm not sure what is more annoying the community board or the Disney World website. Both make me want to take a hammer to my computer. I don't post a lot on the community board for good reason. Fortunately or unfortunately I have annual passes to Disney World and their website is a part of my life for 10 more months.

I still have no idea what you are talking about. I did not change anything in my post that changed the meaning.

Was it quoted at all? I think if it was quoted it would show the unedited post, wouldn’t it? I don’t think the edits would correct themselves in someone quote? Maybe if someone quoted me, you can show where I changed something? Sadly, at this point I think you’re creating drama where there really wasn’t any. So I’ll Stop responding and let it go.

Again...Have a good night.

Last edited:
89 posts in....just got an email that the camp has been cancelled. Money has been refunded and an offer to attend at a different venue (NYC) has been offered. While I’m sure that would be cool, I don’t see that fitting into our summer plans. Maybe they’ll try again at some point in our town. If not, Now that the idea of a leadership camp has entered my mind, I’ll keep my eyes/ears open for other similar opportunities.

Thank you again to everyone for the thoughtful responses....and for putting up with and easing my mom-worry.

Jess

In defense of cruiser21, I could have sworn that when I saw the post last night (I'm in Europe, so afternoon EST), it just said "It would appear so" (or something like that), not the full paragraph that is there now.

I think that for your own peace of mind, I would double check the security at this event. Making sure security is on hand for the whole event, not just during check in. Then I would talk to the kids about safety, what to do if something were to happen, stay together. The decision is yours, and as a parent you make the final choice. Some times you just have to go with what your gut is telling you.

My DD was invited to something similar that she did not attend. After some digging, I found out that while they said that there was no party affiliation, there was a definite lean towards one party's affiliation. I as a parent wanted my child to learn how government, the voting process, and elections work... As well I wanted them to make the choice as an adult for themselves.

In defense of cruiser21, I could have sworn that when I saw the post last night (I'm in Europe, so afternoon EST), it just said "It would appear so" (or something like that), not the full paragraph that is there now.

OMGosh, you are right. Thank you! Now I finally know what this is about. I added the rest so quickly that I honestly forgot about that. Seriously! BUT....from the point that I made the statement saying that I was afraid that it came out as snarky when I meant it to be funny....which is what got quoted, the meaning was never changed. My whole point was that it was funny (like Ha Ha funny...not snide mean funny) that she point out the need to clarify myself since she had also done that about 10 times in this thread. Then I felt bad when re-reading it because I was afraid my dry humor wouldn't come off well when reading it and I specifically didn't want to be mean sounding. So I am sorry that I misspoke because I obviously did change it...just not in the way that she seems to be turning into something dramatic. I wasn't trying to show any hate...

More than anything, thank you for pointing out my mistake because I had no idea what Cruiser was talking about. I wish she had just posted that to begin with, instead of just saying I was lying and that I knew what she meant (because I didn't) so I could have apologized and explained my intentions...and moved on.

Jess

PS (edited to add)….I did send a PM to Cruiser apologizing for my mistake. I really didn't remember changing it, and regardless, apologized for coming off as mean with my post (even if it was not intended that way)

Last edited:
I am not the only person to have noted that the OP seems to have changed/bactracked, more than once here....
Just, maybe, something to be brought to attention...

Perhaps this thread can just fall slowly off the front pages now.....

I am not the only person to have noted that the OP seems to have changed/bactracked, more than once here....

Lol...

I try to handle my mistake with a bit of integrity...own up to it, apologize both publically and in private. Aside from that I have thanked everyone and let it be known that I appreciated the different viewpoints. I guess it speaks more to you than me to get this reply. Too funny/pitiful.

Last edited:
OMGosh, you are right. Thank you! Now I finally know what this is about. I added the rest so quickly that I honestly forgot about that. Seriously! BUT....from the point that I made the statement saying that I was afraid that it came out as snarky when I meant it to be funny....which is what got quoted, the meaning was never changed. My whole point was that it was funny (like Ha Ha funny...not snide mean funny) that she point out the need to clarify myself since she had also done that about 10 times in this thread. Then I felt bad when re-reading it because I was afraid my dry humor wouldn't come off well when reading it and I specifically didn't want to be mean sounding. So I am sorry that I misspoke because I obviously did change it...just not in the way that she seems to be turning into something dramatic. I wasn't trying to show any hate...

More than anything, thank you for pointing out my mistake because I had no idea what Cruiser was talking about. I wish she had just posted that to begin with, instead of just saying I was lying and that I knew what she meant (because I didn't) so I could have apologized and explained my intentions...and moved on.

Jess

PS (edited to add)….I did send a PM to Cruiser apologizing for my mistake. I really didn't remember changing it, and regardless, apologized for coming off as mean with my post (even if it was not intended that way)

So I'm NOT going crazy (at least, not about this).

After I posted, I was worried that you'd think I was attacking you, so was happy to see this response (first because of the not going crazy thing and second because you weren't offended).

So I'm NOT going crazy (at least, not about this).

After I posted, I was worried that you'd think I was attacking you, so was happy to see this response (first because of the not going crazy thing and second because you weren't offended).

Not offended at all. I’m actually very happy you saw the original post because I couldn’t figure out what was going on....and now that I know what upset Cruiser, I’m glad that I had the chance to apologize for it.

I think that for your own peace of mind, I would double check the security at this event. Making sure security is on hand for the whole event, not just during check in. Then I would talk to the kids about safety, what to do if something were to happen, stay together. The decision is yours, and as a parent you make the final choice. Some times you just have to go with what your gut is telling you.
If you had read the post two above yours, you would know that the event got cancelled.

I love when people post this. The fact that you post that the page can fall off the front page simply brings it to the top of list seems either lost on them or they think they should be the last one to post.

If you had read the post two above yours, you would know that the event got cancelled.

I not really sure why posting after an OP gave some type of resolution... would be such a big deal... When I post and give a resolution to my post, I welcome everyone that's wants to continue to add in their thoughts... I enjoy reading them, or if it helps someone else out... I really don't see the harm...

Lol...

I try to handle my mistake with a bit of integrity...own up to it, apologize both publically and in private. Aside from that I have thanked everyone and let it be known that I appreciated the different viewpoints. I guess it speaks more to you than me to get this reply. Too funny/pitiful.

I love a person who owns their mistakes. Just sayin'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter