I'm far from over protective....question

:confused3
OK, make up your mind. No one is saying there are more acts of hate than than kindness. No one is saying it's Armageddon. YOU said you don't see acts of hate, implying it's not out there. If you truly believe there is not hate, then what prompted the shootings in Pennsylvania and Kentucky? What prompted the pipe bombs being sent to politicians and their supporters? What prompted people to verbally abuse politicians while they're at dinner?

You want a definition of "hate"? IMO, it's the fact people are willing to intentionally resort to abuse, whether physical or verbal, of others because of their beliefs, race, or religion (which I guess is beliefs).

Also IMO, if you don't believe there is hate out there, either you're saying that just to get a rise out of folks or you believe those who attack others are justified in their acts.
Not once did I ever say I say I never see hate out there I believe I just stated I see acts of “hate”all the time. I wasn’t sure if we were talking about the definition of a hate crime which is extremely rare or just random acts of hate. I never said it’s not out there it’s just extremely rare. It’s not worth worrying about imho People are al cra-cra over politics, but I’m not sure verbal abuse is a hate crime. We do have freedom of speech you know. It may be rude buts it’s not a crime.

Not once did I ever say I say I never see hate out there I believe I just stated I see acts of “hate”all the time. I wasn’t sure if we were talking about the definition of a hate crime which is extremely rare or just random acts of hate. I never said it’s not out there it’s just extremely rare. It’s not worth worrying about imho People are al cra-cra over politics, but I’m not sure verbal abuse is a hate crime. We do have freedom of speech you know. It may be rude buts it’s not a crime.

So what did the bolded below mean then?

Just curious. Where is the hate? Honestly I never see it. People just go about there business everyday. Honestly the only place I see people get hateful is on social media..this board included.

Not once did I ever say I say I never see hate out there
Umm, you did. Look at where I quoted you if you've forgotten.

I believe I just stated I see acts of “hate”all the time. I wasn’t sure if we were talking about the definition of a hate crime which is extremely rare or just random acts of hate.
Funny, you never said that. Why not ask the question?

I never said it’s not out there it’s just extremely rare.
No, you asked where the hate was because you never see it. You never said it's rare.

It’s not worth worrying about imho People are al cra-cra over politics, but I’m not sure verbal abuse is a hate crime. We do have freedom of speech you know. It may be rude buts it’s not a crime.
No one said verbal abuse was a hate crime. The point is people use their hate to justify attacking others.

I'm an ER nurse I see acts of "hate" all the time

I don’t see it in my day to day to life or at work.
You keep contradicting yourself.

I agree with you that I wouldn't let all the hate keep from sending my kids to a camp, and if you would have said that at the start, you wouldn't have been getting all the backlash.

OP, I just saw your latest post.
I just have to say that the sheer hate, and violence and threats and rhetoric have not been in just the last week.
The violence and rhetoric have not been directed only at the groups you mention.
Other groups (Men, Conservatives, America/Americans, etc...) are also being targeted, have been targeted, and are dealing with open violence, white powder in the mail, gun violence, assassination threats, etc.
The groups you mention are not the only groups dealing with hatred and violence right now.
This is something that has always been there... And has always been incited by, and directed at, the other side, by BOTH sides, of any given difference.
The concerns in your last post seem to be very one-sided.

What the heck is an American/American???

You keep contradicting yourself.

I agree with you that I wouldn't let all the hate keep from sending my kids to a camp, and if you would have said that at the start, you wouldn't have been getting all the backlash.
I see acts of hate but not actual hate crimes . I can’t remember ever taking care of a shooting or stabbing victim that was shot randomly because of what is considered a hate crime. The definition of a hate crime is pretty narrow. You have to be clear what your actually talking about. I’m not going to clarify it again.

I see acts of hate but not actual hate crimes . I can’t remember ever taking care of a shooting or stabbing victim that was shot randomly because of what is considered a hate crime. The definition of a hate crime is pretty narrow. You have to be clear what your actually talking about.

You mean like you were??

You didn't say that you didn't see hate crimes. You said that you didn't see hate. Well, until you said that you do see hate at work. Well, until you said that you didn't see hate at work. And that you never said you didn't see hate.

Yup, you are totally clear about what you're actually talking about.

OP, if you know you want your kids to attend this event, then great!!!!!
I am glad you made this decision.
I do not usually think that decisions made from fear are a good thing. Not unless there is the feeling/perception of a real threat.

As far as the rest of this discussion. About the verbal aspects.
I am a firm believer in our freedom of speach! (which is often being limited)

I do see a huge, huge, difference in negative opinions, commentary, tongue in cheek comments, and actual threats...
I believe that there have been a LOT of actual threatening speech and gestures out there, that is not being acknowledged. Actual physical threats... mentions of assassination, blowing things up, threats of physical assault, physical confrontation, etc...

Yet, other simple verbal banter is called out as hate crimes and inciting violence.

OP, you very clearly came here with concerns.... I am not sure how you can say that you didn't?

And, the two specific examples you give to back up your feelings,

The specific two examples given were very one sided.
If that is the only 'hate' you are seeing, then there is a lot you have been missing. I was pointing out that there has been the same hate, threats, acts of violence, from ALL sides.

I said aside from my initial concerns. YOU were the one that said my concerns IN MY LAST POST were one sided. I also said Hate in the last week...which happened to be aimed at democrats/liberals. If it had been aimed at republicans/conservatives, I would have said so and I would be equally concerned (and equally disgusted). It/I was not one sided. You also conveniently chopped off my other 2 examples from this past week...the attack based on religion and the attack based on race. There are no sides here....just a general concern, which I asked for help confirming was irrational. I got that help, enrolled my kids in the camp, and that's really all there is to it. No sides...

Last edited:
I do hope that your kids enjoy this program!!!

Sorry, but I did quote you... I did quote the exact examples in your post.
You could have said 'recent attacks... acts of hate...'
You chose to focus on only two events, both on one side.
I only pointed that out.

This is a direct copy/quote from my post... " Am I crazy to let the ugliness of the last week enter my thought process." Note OF THE LAST WEEK....

Also, I gave 3 examples, not 2 (and you only quoted one of them) and I took no side on anything. That is, unless you mean that I took the side against hate crimes (which I really didn't express but I'd say it is very fair to say that I am against hate crimes....all I said was that these crimes put the thought in my head to be a little concerned). Is there a side to take?! I would have been just as against these crimes if they had been against any group...no side, just empathy.

I do hope that your kids enjoy this program!!!

Sorry, but I did quote you... I did quote the exact examples in your post.
You could have said 'recent attacks... acts of hate...'
You chose to focus on only two events, both on one side.
I only pointed that out.

I said aside from my initial concerns. YOU were the one that said my concerns IN MY LAST POST were one sided. I also said Hate in the last week...which happened to be aimed at democrats/liberals. If it had been aimed at republicans/conservatives, I would have said so and I would be equally concerned (and equally disgusted). It/I was not one sided. You also conveniently chopped off my other 2 examples from this past week...the attack based on religion and the attack based on race. There are no sides here....just a general concern, which I asked for help confirming was irrational. I got that help, enrolled my kids in the camp, and that's really all there is to it. No sides...
I think you need to clarify your remarks on More time.:badpc:

I think you need to clarify your remarks on More time.:badpc:

Maybe... I know you said you aren't going to clarify yourself again. The last we left it, was....Honestly I never see hate. I mean I only see hate on social media. I mean 99% of people I come in contact with aren't hateful. I mean there's always going to be terrorist attacks. I mean I see acts of hate all the time. I mean Not once did I ever say I say I never see hate. I mean I see acts of hate but not actual hate crimes....

Last edited:

I just have to applaud you when you hear everything on the Dis and can distill it and take action from it despite the negativity. It's not valorized enough on this forum:)

I just have to applaud you when you hear everything on the Dis and can distill it and take action from it despite the negativity. It's not valorized enough on this forum:)

Thanks...I was actually feeling a little bad that my very last post sounded a little snarky (Sometimes my dry humor comes out sounding snarky when I was actually just amused and trying to be humorous pointing out the irony of being made fun of for clarifying myself by someone that has clarified themselves a few times)

I honestly did come here with this because I knew I was being a little irrational and I knew others could help me see that. I do appreciate everyone that was reassuring. I could have used to not be told My concerns were stupid, but I’m not a delicate flower. I don’t feel stupid for thinking things through and/or for listening to others to get more perspective..no ego when it comes to being a mom. Whatever it takes to get it right..

Again...I appreciate the kind words from you, and the many viewpoints in this thread. I’m sure my girls will have a good time at the camp.

Jess

You changed your post just to be snarky..Wow just Wow. After I was agreeing with you about that you've clarified yourself enough. I was wrong there are plenty of meany pants in the world. Don't say you didn't get my humor because you obviously got it the first time around.

Huh...I didn’t change my post? I said that I felt bad that it might have sounded snarky when I was trying to be humorous...since you had to clarify yourself too. To be clear, lol...I was pointing out that you had to make several clarification just like I did. I didn’t say i was trying to be snarky. I said that I was afraid that my dry humor might come off as being snarky, which I would feel bad about.

Last edited:
Huh...I don’t change my post? I said that I felt bad that it might have sounded snarky when I was trying to be humorous...since you had to clarify yourself too. To be clear, lol...I was pointing out that you had to make several clarification just like I did. I didn’t say i was trying to be snarky.
Yes you did. Don’t lie. The first time you responded. Apparently so....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter