ILUVDXL Boston DIS meet June 25th *Update 6/6* Trying to get a good headcount for RFC

Ew, this could be tough. I'm doing an overnight cancer relay the night before which doesn't end until 10am. I'll watch for the dates and times, though, to see what the plans are. I'd really love to meet you all!! :flower:

Looks like a big group will be able to get together. :goodvibes dreamflight, start heading east now, you make it in time. :teeth:

A Boston DIS meet? I am about an hour and a half out of Boston, in Western Massachusetts. I will keep an eye on this thread, and maybe I can meet some DIS folks.

Francine

I would love to do a Duck tour - all of us in lime green shirts - what a blast that would be!

JeanJoe said:
Duck tour? Well, it involves quacking. No, seriously. In addition, it's one of the most highly rated tours of Boston, both for fun, as well as for historical accuracy. The cool thing is that they are done in old WWII amphibious vehicles, so you start out the tour on the streets of Boston, and ends up driving into the Charles river.

And you do quack. The tour guides are fun, and when you pass large groups of tourists (or Boston residents...), some guides will have the tour group quack loudly at them. (To the point that there is at least one neighborhood that passed a "no quacking" ordinance; on our tour, we all just quack whispered.)

Here's a link to the duck tours. Have only done it once, but it was fun!
That's the CUTEST thing I've ever heard of!! Thanks so much for your adorable post, loaded with details and info (and a great link)!

I'll be there DAN, if you promise to DRESS IN LIME GREEN (everything...under garments too), and wear a DUCK-HAT as the DUCK-MASTER on the DUCK TOUR, while only responding in QUACKS all day!!

Plus, I must be permitted to FILM the ENTIRE EPISODE/EVENT via signed release!!! :banana: :goodvibes :grouphug: WHADDAYASAY?!??!? :confused3

I might be able to make it! June is a busy month, but that's my free weekend. Keep me updated!

And Maggianno's does have GREAT food!

MAC3, that would be great! I wouldn't mind at all! I wouldn't even mind meeting someone somewhere.

Lime green, huh? I wonder if I could borrow dd4's lime green Blues Clues t-shirt. It would be very tight and wouldn't cover much. It would either make me very popular or shunned by all. I guess I'll just have to go shopping!!! :teeth:

Later in the day would be perfect. DD is with her father that weekend, so I have to drive to Maine in the morning to drop her off. I'm usually home by 12:15. However, I can always make arrangements to drop her off earlier. :moped:

If somebody, or a few, need ride/s, always happy to oblige, I'll have a car. Just need to point me in the right direction. :moped:

This is the third time I have attempted to reply to this thread, the first two times I was unsucessful. Here's hoping it works this time.

Keep me in the loop about this meet. If at all possible DW & I will be there.

QUOTE=Nicsmom---Fire and Ice is in the Park Square Building on Berkeley. It's an all you can eat ($10 for lunch, $18 for dinner) improvisational grill. Lots of fun.

Love Fire & Ice....Most Delicious and Cheap!!!
I've never eaten at the one in Boston, only the one in Providence, RI.
I'm up for anywhere...just let me know!

Are we still on for the 25th, time and place decided?

Maybe me too. We could have a great conversation on the way with 4 Dis'ers!

Dan Murphy said:
If somebody, or a few, need ride/s, always happy to oblige, I'll have a car. Just need to point me in the right direction. :moped:
Thumbing...in an Easterly direction *(sign sticking out of backpack reads "BOSTON OR BUST")... COUNT ME IN!!! :moped: :teeth: :banana:

So, have we decided on Saturday, June 25th?? Is that a definite?

Is it....

Maggiano's in Little Italy
OR
Fire & Ice near Copley & the Commons?

OR Have we chosen somewhere else to meet? :confused3

Where's Karen.....our illustrious (spelling?) BOS DIS meet leader?
She knows Boston and should be in on this decision!!!
Helloooooo TL are you around???

keep us posted! I've asked for the day off....keeping fingers and toes crossed!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter