If you were me.....

For me, it would depend upon the make up of your party, and their travel lifestyles. Are some early risers and some late sleepers? Do some like to be out later than others? Do you need two real beds in the second bedroom? Here's why it matters...

If you plan to keep different hours, a lock-off unit, giving each side the opportunity to come and go without disturbing the others would be optimal. If you need two real queen sized beds in the second bedroom of a lock-off, the option is really only OKW. There are a lot of things to consider. But, if they are on your dime...you get the final say...so do what makes YOU happy, they're just along for the ride.

For me, it would depend upon the make up of your party, and their travel lifestyles. Are some early risers and some late sleepers? Do some like to be out later than others? Do you need two real beds in the second bedroom? Here's why it matters...

If you plan to keep different hours, a lock-off unit, giving each side the opportunity to come and go without disturbing the others would be optimal. If you need two real queen sized beds in the second bedroom of a lock-off, the option is really only OKW. There are a lot of things to consider. But, if they are on your dime...you get the final say...so do what makes YOU happy, they're just along for the ride.
We move as one. I say jump and they jump. OKW is not an option. Stayed there once, never again.

BLT

Monorail (now you can connect thru TTC to Epcot)
Walk to MK
All Monorail resorts and their amenities
3rd Bath
Bay Lake - watch Water parade
Watch fireworks from CR or bridge

BLT........
But,if you're going to use your own vehicle,you can do so much better for less, off-site

Last edited:

If you're using your own transportation and not spending any days at the resort, then AKV should be eliminated immediately. I love AKV, but it's a waste of points to get Savanna view if you aren't going to spend at least a couple half days at the resort to watch the animals from your balcony.

Between BLT and SSR, with 5 adults doing every day at the parks and (as you said earlier, the others get no say), then I would go for BLT. I love SSR, have stayed there many times, but I like to do at least 1 day at pool/disney springs. The other main draw for SSR is that the person in the living room gets a "real" bed as opposed to a pull-out sofa (just got back from SSR and my dad said that the murphy bed in the living room is very comfortable). But again, these aren't really factors for YOUR consideration.

Since it's parks only and QS breakfast, then BLT. You can walk to MK, monorail to EPCOT and pretty easily drive to AK/HS. Contemporary has solid QS, access to Poly/GF, and the third bathroom would seal the deal.

Three great resorts each with pluses and minus. AKV kidani has the extra 3rd bathroom, relaxing, enjoy time on deck; SSR recently renovated has the great disney springs nightlife and walk path to the springs; BLT has the walk path to MK lots of food choices and the third bathroom. If you are park heavy then MK if nightlife heavy then SSR if relaxation trip then AKV. That is how I would choose

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter