I was just sitting here wondering were all the "Old" timers went

looky looky ANOTHER oct 1999 PIN TRADER.... ZX MOM started it all then I took over, oh well we have been doing things here & there. Most of you know I started here & now I have grown up & gone out to another home DAD............LOL
I check back sometimes to see the OLD TIMERS as nat say's..but it seems like the old timers lurk more & let the younguns talk more????????
OH well Nice post NAT It is good to see some of the names on this list.....felt like old times.....
oh the memories.........

Oh the Memories says it all. First posted in Oct 1999. Heard from Rachel she is moving.
Just a lurker now.

I remember Russ, too, Kathie! I had forgotten about him. Who else can we think of?

The "BIG CRASH" got me and took away all of my posts and SN too! I had to start all over....and that is hard for a serious lurker like me.

Let's start with MODS

WENDY: She was the leader of my first DIS meet in WDW. I know she is on another board but I guess I don't go there. It was great meeting her in WDW. I had ONE PAGE of pins!
I met Jaunita from Canada and I think KimTN. I met CandyP ( officially) We had traded Pokemon cards before. I met Leighton, WardM ( we were at the AK pin cart early the next day to get the last 4 filmstrip pins), ZX Dad, who else?

DVCREG : I know I can go see her if i lurk on the DVC board. She was one of my first trades. It's always nice to get that one out of the way. My favorite post was when she edited everyones post about their hockey teams and she changed them all to root for hers! I know I didn't explain that well but IT WAS really funny.

Dan Murphy: If that man mentioned TRON one more time!!! I was going to go nuts. That's when everyone was trying to complete their Mill. pins. We have the same birthday.

Others:
FlyingLzrd would post a lot more. ( I miss ya Dave) He sent me my first Lime Green ribbon for my first DIS meet at the BW.

RussH : Wasn't he from Cincy Ohio?

QT : need I say more :smooth:

Mousefan: Where are you? I know you are still lurking.

Then there are others that will never be back on the boards...Steph....I still miss her and even traded some of her pins ( not too hard either) at Sorcerers DIS meet at the BW in the pouring rain.
I wanted the pins to be in someones collection and really help someone get some neato bandito pins but, instead I saw them on Ebay. It pretty much crushed me and I have backed off pins a lot.
Annette will be missed also. I traded with her and never heard from her again. Then I found out she passed away.
I will miss both.

I am off to think of others.....

Susan

I remember a set Russ did of his pins...

Jonie, I am still here from time to time -- usually lurking. I am still collecting and still going to WDW as much as possible. I don't have much time for posting. I type too slowly. I do miss TexDeb. I haven't heard from her in a long time.

Mary Jo

Wow!! A couple of blasts from the past listed here.

How about Briar Rose??

Russ was a really nice guy to trade with. He ended up selling all his pins and he just kept his pirate pins. He gave me the really tiny Mickey Mouse Club pin.

Hi guys. :)

I did get away from pins (and Disney trips) for a while, but I'll never give them up entirely. ;)

Susan, I'm sorry to hear about Tink's pins. It was a nice thing to do on your part though, maybe they will eventually end up as prized possessions.

Wow, what memories! I traded with Ward a few times. He is such a sweetheart!

Someone asked about ScottakaMickey. He has a few posts on the trade board.

Anyone else?

Sue Ellen

Hi Kathie
I drop by every couple of months to see what is going on. Mostly over at the main board now.
Early 2000 is when I registered because of the collector board. I got way to involved in pin trading/collecting and had to stop.
I still do collect 3 subjects POC/Pirate themed, Roger and Jessica, Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee. they are in 3 totally full shadow boxes in my family room. Just those 3 are over 140 pins. Only missing 1 Jessica pin that I only saw once and that Pooh pirate which I refuse to add.

Wow just opened my pin bag (6 months last time) and looked at some of the old stuff inside. Ruby DREAM that I spent 3 years tracking down. A set of the original Figment EPCOT pins, Spider hanging from a cobweb, Off to the Rat Race w/Mickey, Monorail pilot wings, and who could forget Mickey in a dress. I carry a few give away pins with me still on every WDW trip.

I think a lot of us drop by but no longer speak the language.
RussH

LJC
Amy
Bridget
Matt N
Caroline
Karl P
Debbie (Canada)
Al B
Kim Fudge
Jen S
Lisa & Alan
Jack & Deb
Joette
Deb from TX
Tom (Norwood Spruce)
Mickey's Mom
Sharone Stone
Casey M
Mudslide (Linda)
Gem
Bob (older gentleman)
Sue B
Brimel
Twozee (Jan)
Cherry
Ethan's Mom
Sue J (Convention helper)
Mom & David the trader
Sue K
Judy Sue

Mr. Eisneer--you sure do remember a lot of board members!

Sue Ellen

Oh Russ......so good to hear from you!!

Glad to see you here. Please pop in once in a while to say hi! Hope all is well with you.

Never realized I was an Old Timer. But looking at that list of names reminded me of all the people who helped me get started in this.

Old posters never die, they just lurk away...

Michael

Michael! You were my first trade with a total stranger! You helped me complete my Countdown to the Millennium set - thank you again & again!!

I am still here...and yes, I am one of the Old Timers... VERY old timers.. It is good to see so many familiar "faces"... Guess sometimes life throws us curves, and there just not seem to be enough hours in the day anymore.

Judith, I had completely forgotten that! Too cool....

See, some of us are still around.

Michael

Just checking in......this is the Mom of "Mom & David the trader" team. David is now 16, and much more interested in cars than pins. He is in high school, doing well, lifting weights, and growing up before my eyes (now 5'7" and 185#, for those of you who have seen David, that is a major change). I thought the pins would probably be our last "mother/son" thing & looks like I was right. Like lots of others, we had pin missions, and did manage to finish & mount several sets, the most memorable being the 1986 coke set ( from the year David was born) and TDS Countdown to the Millennium, all but 14 from trades! We almost finished getting all the pins with 2000 dates on them as well. We still go to WDW often, but now just sporadically trade with CMs. We have many fond memories of members from this board. We found it just before Peggy did her first pin exchange in 2000. I remember many of the names listed, and a couple I have not seen listed as yet....WDWPluto (Lori)...she was always so sweet. And also a young gymnist from Ohio, named Scott. Our best to everyone, and THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter